The Anime/Manga Thread

fun_time_mathias

Trigun is hilarious, but if you're a fan of that I suggest you get Getbackers. It's well done for both story and humor and Ginji is one of the most adorable characters ever. Also, anyone here ever seen Madlax? I guess my first anime would have to be the original Dragon Ball or Tenchi. Maybe one of Hayao Miyazakis flicks like Totoro or Kiki's Delivery Service may have been the first, I have trouble remembering.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I mean I always loved just sitting down in fron of the TV to watch Toonami on Cartoon Network to catch Dragonball and Dragonball Z and anything else they decided to show, all the while not realizing just what I'd stepped foot into until all these years later when my frequent trips to bookstores and local stores to buy manga I've been dying to read or an imported dvd series has become habit and routine.

Trigun is hilarious, but if you're a fan of that I suggest you get Getbackers. It's well done for both story and humor and Ginji is one of the most adorable characters ever. Also, anyone here ever seen Madlax? I guess my first anime would have to be the original Dragon Ball or Tenchi. Maybe one of Hayao Miyazakis flicks like Totoro or Kiki's Delivery Service may have been the first, I have trouble remembering.

Trigun is hilarious. XD

I've never seen Madlax.

I think my first anime was PKmon (if you want to count that) and Sailor Moon. =] (Then Digimon)

(well, actually, if you count Speed Racer and the orignal Transformers I wanted those first)

Hayao Miyazaki is my herooooo.

I love Ghibli Studio films- My Neighbor Totoro was my first real anime movie! I still love it.

Oy they are all so amazing. Has anyone seen Grave of the Fireflies?!

Yes, Grave is amazing, it made me cry when I was watching it and very few films make me cry. I think the best from Ghibli is Princess Mononoke. GTO is a lot better as a manga, I've read the first three volumes of it.

It's set after the bombing in Kobe during WWII, and the two siblings have to survive while their father is in the Japanese Navy against the odds of famine and widespread fire destruction. That's how I remember it, been five years since I saw it. It's a heartwrencher for sure though.

Yes it is, such a dark story for Miyazaki carried out to near perfection in my eyes. I'm a big fan of Spirited Away and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind but then again I love all his movies.

Spirited Away was good, if you haven't seen some of his older ones you should try to get your hands on them.

(Especially Princess Mononoke!)=]

I forgot to mention Eureka 7, anyone into that? =]

I haven't wanted all of the episodes, but I like what I've seen. I've watched them in English though...

except for the last 3-4 episodes which I watched on Youtube in Japanese, lol.

Haven't watched anything besides Bleach on TV in a while, I need ti start getting back into the DVD buying swing of things since I never finished Love Hina sadly. And I need more Kare Kano manga too, I've been deprived of it for months now. And yeah, Miyaziki has amazing older works like Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service to name a few.

Ah! I saw Kiki's Delivery Service. That was cute! I've heard of Eureka 7 but never watched it. Love Hina was so good! I watched the whole anime series but I only read the last book in the manga, lol.

Love Hina is just hilarious and adorable at the same time, I hate only having the first DVD. I need some suggestions for other manga and anime to start reading/watching over the next few months besides my eventual trip into Tsubasa and NANA. Anyone got any advice?

No I haven't, but if you recommend it I think I'll try it. Also, thought crossed my mind, anyone here ever seen FMP? (Full Metal Panic)

Eureka 7 is pretty neat- the main character (Renton) can be a bit... emo at times and it gets a little annoying- but despite that I recommend it. I have yet to see Love Hina, FMP, or the wallflower. I have heard of them all, though.

I wish it was cheaper to get anime DVDs and mangas. -_-

Hmmm anime I've watched...lets see here....

all of:

Naruto

Naruto Shippuuden...so far

Death Note

Ouran High School Host Club...quite funny

Mai Hime

most of:

Full Metal Alchemist

Cardcaptors

some:

Ergo Proxy

Inuyasha

Sailor Moon

Pokemon...series and movies

Digimon

Anime Movies by Hayao Miyazaki:

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Princess Mononoke

Spirited Away

and of course random badly dubbed cartoon network/adult swim anime

And I'm getting into more of the Bleach episodes.

I was in an anime club in school so I've seen some episodes random stuff I don't remember too

I have to admit that I've never seen Akira, which makes me ashamed but adds another master work to watch on to my lengthy list. If I remember right Steam Boy is also available as a graphic novel, but I could be wrong. Now I have the oddest urge to watch the Ghost in the Shell films.