Got a cool Battle-set? Want it rated? POST HERE!

6 hours ago, Angeló said:

it's not really worth it. its icon damage is weak (2.6 icons from each element) 

Bundle of Burning Branches is better in that range

Aquamentis12 went over my weapons a while back and suggested a better group of weapons for me. That's why I was asking about this new weapon.  He new what I had .

I took the advice and put the weapons recommended for me in my line up. I have a lot stronger weapons now than I had before. The  Bundle of Burning Branches was not one of the weapons recommended.  All of the weapons I have now are quite strong. Which weapon do you recommend I change out a replace with Bundle of Burning Branches?

image.thumb.png.795b077f8b90137e1c0c3b66a1dcfbb4.png

3 hours ago, granny63020 said:

Aquamentis12 went over my weapons a while back and suggested a better group of weapons for me. That's why I was asking about this new weapon.  He new what I had .

I took the advice and put the weapons recommended for me in my line up. I have a lot stronger weapons now than I had before. The  Bundle of Burning Branches was not one of the weapons recommended.  All of the weapons I have now are quite strong. Which weapon do you recommend I change out a replace with Bundle of Burning Branches?

image.thumb.png.795b077f8b90137e1c0c3b66a1dcfbb4.png

Your set looks really good like that @granny63020. The Bundle of Burning Birch Branches is weaker than your current equipment so you don't have to worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Okay, so power of friendship is terrible, what about the Holiday Memories?

Holiday Memories heals 20% of your max HP and blocks 100% of Dark, Physical, and Fire, once per battle. It's an interesting Healer that could be quite useful, but the  20% heal isn't as great as say, Feel Better Soup's 50% heal. Feel Better Soup, as a refresher, also blocks 100% air when it's used once per battle.

But, if you're up against an opponent that uses Fire, dark, and physical and you don't have a better healer, Holiday Memories isn't bad. Especially if it keeps you from taking damage from those icon types on the turn you use it to heal. Also, Fire is one of the harder icons to block, as fewer items do it or block great quantities of it. So Holiday Memories would get a point for that too. I would stick with a 50% healer, but against the "right" opponent, I can see it being somewhat useful.

When you say once per battle, I'd basically have to predict that they were going to use an attack that used one of those elements to make it be effective then, yes?  I mean, if it's all they use, a free block round, but if it's random, it would be luck or nothing, yes?

9 hours ago, GillyTook said:

When you say once per battle, I'd basically have to predict that they were going to use an attack that used one of those elements to make it be effective then, yes?  I mean, if it's all they use, a free block round, but if it's random, it would be luck or nothing, yes?

Yeah, most freezers, bombs and healers are either one use (gone forever after used) or once per battle (gone but will be back your next battle). So with those you have to predict when they would be the most useful and hope that you're right. Knowing what your opponent can use, using TDN's 1-player profiles page, which can be found here, https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/secret-challengers under the Active Challengers heading. Can help you decide what defensive items you may want to use, depending on what weapons they can use.

In the case of Holiday Memories. You'll get the 20% heal not matter what, but whether or not you block any damage when you use it, depends on what your opponent uses and if they have those icons that can be blocked. So yeah, it's basically luck and insight.

Since I'm still too chicken to go past 1 round battles, since most of the 2 round ones still freeze ME the next round or two and beat my poor little ixi up, do they tend to have standard patterns in their attacks, or is it just random Attack A has a 10% chance of being used in any round, Attack B has a 50% chance of being used in any round, etc. sort of thing?

37 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

Since I'm still too chicken to go past 1 round battles, since most of the 2 round ones still freeze ME the next round or two and beat my poor little ixi up, do they tend to have standard patterns in their attacks, or is it just random Attack A has a 10% chance of being used in any round, Attack B has a 50% chance of being used in any round, etc. sort of thing?

Not that I'm aware of. What's "not playing fair", is that 1p opponents can sometimes use once per battle items and abilities more than one time in a battle. This means they can freeze or heal more than once. It's against the rules for US, but TNT makes the rules, we just have to deal with it. This started in the old BD, and I THINK it got carried over to the current version. Honestly, I don't recall if it got carried over or not, because when I battle it doesn't usually take more than one turn.

That being said, when the battle plot starts, I would think there might be more fixes/changes to the BD that will be released at that time. I think the battle plot is, similarly to my thoughts on the Obelisk War, a reason to roll out a major battledome update and stress test it.

• 1 month later...

FINALLY! I GOT THE SNOW BEAST!!!! I was refreshing the page, again, I have been going to the page and refreshing at 30 minute intervals about 5 times a day. Well, this time I had been refreshing for 22 minutes and WALA! I'm really happy about this. Better late than never

image.png.93c440ee59bef8605735e4660d8943f3.png

• 1 month later...

I finally got the soup!  Hooray!  Still not sure if I want to keep the tablet (guess it can be good in case of emergency?) and the sword is still just there because it's no trade and so I have nothing else to do with it.  So if I'm remembering correctly, you suggested the next thing I should go for is the ghostkerbomb?  Or should I try to fill either of those two other slots?  Tbh, if I'd gotten a second pea, I probably wouldn't use anything else, hahaha.  Oh well, I got one, and that was better than I could have imagined.

image.png.314adf6dc37ba220913cffa34a2ed07e.png

15 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I finally got the soup!  Hooray!  Still not sure if I want to keep the tablet (guess it can be good in case of emergency?) and the sword is still just there because it's no trade and so I have nothing else to do with it.  So if I'm remembering correctly, you suggested the next thing I should go for is the ghostkerbomb?  Or should I try to fill either of those two other slots?  Tbh, if I'd gotten a second pea, I probably wouldn't use anything else, hahaha.  Oh well, I got one, and that was better than I could have imagined.

image.png.314adf6dc37ba220913cffa34a2ed07e.png

Hey @GillyTook! Congrats on getting the soup!! That will cover your healing needs for a VERY long time! ^_^

Sword of Malum might be useful for it's icon types if needed, but otherwise you could unequip it and put it in your SDB. The Mystical Tablet, I don't recall what I read about it, but if I recall, I believe it has 100% blocking of 3 icon types, so it might come in handy. I'm sure I mentioned them in a previous post in this thread. I'm just not up for searching for it right now. 😉

As for the bombs. You COULD go for a G-bomb. Or, you might try a Varia is the Bomb instead or two. First, here is the information on your current bomb, and the other two items.

Thistleberry Pingrenade
13-24 total icons

Varia is the Bomb  4.8mil on the TP/Auctions
25 total icons

Ghostkerbomb 7.3mil on the TP
21-30 total icons

6.77mil in the below linked Auction
https://www.neopets.com/auctions.phtml?type=bids&auction_id=199590799

Your current bomb is fairly weak at 13-24 icons, you could actually unequip it.

Varia is the Bomb, does not count as a bomb but it IS once per battle. Still, combing this with your Seasonal Attack Pea (28 icons) would give you 53 icons of damage once per battle.

Ghostkerbomb, has a high maximum of 30 icons, but it rarely reaches that high. It seems more likely that it hits 21-25 icons. If spending the extra few million for a G-bomb is worth it to you, you could get it then. Otherwise, if you want to save some NP, I would skip the bombs and go for a Varia is the Bomb. If you got BOTH, then you would have 2 turns that could deal HIGH icons. 49-58 icons combining Seasonal Attack Pea with Ghostkerbomb.

It really depends on what you want to do and how much NP you want to spend,

Remember that some defensive items might be good for the plot when it starts. The Mystical Tablet will help there, there are other icon types to defend of course, but there are other shields that aren't really expensive that can take a chunk out of most icon types. So maybe don't worry about it for now. But keep some NP just in case.

I just (finally!) hit 100 mil in the bank, so I do have some extra to spend if need be.  I'd just rather not let it drop below that again, haha.  It was my big goal for SO long after all.  

So go for Varia first, a ghostkerbomb after if I need a second high-power attack for the plot? 

This is what the battlepedia at jellyneo says about the tablet.   image.png.a76bb0d61d2f45a680b6349c3d90d809.png

5 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I just (finally!) hit 100 mil in the bank, so I do have some extra to spend if need be.  I'd just rather not let it drop below that again, haha.  It was my big goal for SO long after all.  

So go for Varia first, a ghostkerbomb after if I need a second high-power attack for the plot?

Hey congrats on hitting 100mil!

Yeah, I think so. Varia is the Bomb is only once per battle, but if you use it with Seasonal Attack Pea and the faerie ability Lens Flare, that's a lot of icons getting through to your opponent on your first turn. 🙂

Ah ok, thanks. I guess I was remembering incorrectly and it only blocks 2 icon types. Darkness is fairly easy to block/reflect, especially with Hanso Charisma Charms having been part of the Daily Quest Rewards pool. But Physical can't be reflected and not many pieces of equipment can completely block physical. So I'd suggest keeping it in case you need defense against either of those two icon types. Plus doing 9-icons of damage while defending 2 whole icon types is a pretty fair trade. 🙂 Plus the slight healing might save your bacon someday, either cumulatively or by lucky happenstance 🙂 

Ah, Hanso Charisma Charms are not worth hardly anything anymore, they were a plot prize originally.  They block all darkness and have a 10-icon attack. So they are a small step down from The Mystical Tablet. You don't need them.

Sure! During battle, open and check in the combat log, it'll be on the left side, under your pet, it will say the damage you take, and that includes the icon types.

Though you for the 1p opponents you can also know what they use by checking out the 1-player profiles of Secret Battledome Challengers. TDN has these here. Under the heading Active Challengers.

https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/secret-challengers

Click the challenger you wish you fight and you will see their stats and equipment. Click on their equipment and you will be taken to that item's item database entry with it's stats, what types of icons and how many of each icon it does. As well as special effects that might be known. If you know what icon types might be prevalent in your opponent's arsenal, then you can plan the proper defensive gear for it if you need it.

Whenever the new plot's battle phase starts, that's something we at TDN will be figuring out. What the new opponent(s)' weapons are and if there are any new ones, what they do. Then we will create a new entry for them in their own plot section. So when the battles start, please stay tuned as we will be working to figure out the info and get it up asap.

• 2 weeks later...

I was browsing and saw a mini article about the "anagram swords" from the hidden tower.  Are any of those decent (since they're technically buyable) for 1P battledome (have zero interest in PVP, though at one point I said that about regular bd, so who knows) or since they're one element would you really need all of them to be able to really do anything much with them?  And of course there's no telling what'd be good or not for the plot since since we don't know what we'll be fighting, right?

Right, also, the anagram swords have a maximum possible damage of 24 icons. 16-24 basically, so your seasonal attack pea beats them hands down. Even Sword of Malum/Blazing Embers are slightly below the anagram swords. So if you have something close or comparable, they are not worth the high price-tag. I did a lot of comparisons for my own set after Sword of Malum and Blazing Embers came out from the Wraith Resurgence plot. We got some good weapons from those, even if they are no trade. And that's probably why, because they are almost as strong as the anagram swords. Just a few icons shy. 😉