Got a cool Battle-set? Want it rated? POST HERE!

1 hour ago, Duma said:

I just checked and I have 1 Expert Lens in my SDB too. Thanks for the offer though! That's very kind of you. Maybe when the actual battles have begone I'll come back to see how to build my set. Others can do the same and we can all get ideas from each other! 🙂

Cool! You're welcome. 🙂 I was going through my SDB earlier and it turns out that I have 75 of them! lol A LOT more than I thought I had! I don't buy them either, I just visit the shrine once a day at midnight, or close to it. lol I never seem to get there quite on the second. 😉 lol

Sure! That's why I created this topic in hopes that people would come together seeking advice for their sets and then people could make suggestions and offer ideas and the like. I look forward to when that happens. Maybe with this plot more interest in the BD will be sparked, that's what I hope anyway! :D

Saw the request on the discord to post sets.

Screenshot_20240625-161548.png?ex=667ca1

Mine set is a bit outdated and looking to the event prize shop to upgrade the items that are remaining when I'm not OTKing with Varia and Ghostker bombs:

• Illusens Staff -> Wand of the Dark Faerie
  • Turned Tooth - > Grapes of Wrath

Some friends have been trying to nudge me for thunder sticks in the prize shop but I keep the sleep ray for 100% freeze not icons, but while it's there I suppose.

Honestly wish Daily Quest/Plot Prizes could reunite me with a Leaded Elemental Vial or some other 100% healer, 50% is cool but I remember what it used to be like.

8 minutes ago, DunnyBoyWilliamson said:

Saw the request on the discord to post sets.

Screenshot_20240625-161548.png?ex=667ca1

Mine set is a bit outdated and looking to the event prize shop to upgrade the items that are remaining when I'm not OTKing with Varia and Ghostker bombs:

• Illusens Staff -> Wand of the Dark Faerie
  • Turned Tooth - > Grapes of Wrath

Some friends have been trying to nudge me for thunder sticks in the prize shop but I keep the sleep ray for 100% freeze not icons, but while it's there I suppose.

Honestly wish Daily Quest/Plot Prizes could reunite me with a Leaded Elemental Vial or some other 100% healer, 50% is cool but I remember what it used to be like.

If anything you could use the Thunder Sticks for some NP for your bank if you don't want them. Sleep ray is fine for a 100% freezer, and if you have enough prize shop points left over for Thunder Sticks, well, just throwing that idea out there.

From your abilities and equipment, I would guess that your battle strategy is probably the 3-free turn strategy right? Lens Flare, Warlocks Rage and Freezer if needed, right? When you get your pet to level 400, Reflect I would recommend Reflect. Esepcially since you're not set up for much defense.

Hopefully TNT doesn't throw us a curve ball then where something more than the 3-free turn strategy is required. They did say they'd have something to challenge the veteran battlers. So as I was discussing with Duma on the previous page, we don't know what that might be. I'd say your set right now, honestly, is underpowered for your maxed out stats. But when you get enough prize shop points to upgrade like you want to, then you'll be sitting real pretty offensively. 😉

If you want to consider some cheap, defensive gear, I'll refer you to this comment on the previous page. I cover some cheap equipment that will defend some or more icons that covers pretty much every element. Dual-duties and shields. Oh, and a Downsize! of course. If you're not interested in cheap defensive gear that might come in handy if TNT does throw us a curve ball, you can disregard this link.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting around to asking for help with my battle equipment. 🥲

This is all truly cobbled together, I've never been super invested in Battledome, so I don't really know where to start on upgrading.

Willing to spend around 10 mil probably? But I can do more if needed.

Screenshot_20240709-132002.png.f3f18c0f2d5968c522bb9879238cdb78.pngScreenshot_20240709-132141.thumb.png.13ae69da17d1d27e40111e96e5a2b400.png

35 minutes ago, Wildbreeze said:

Finally getting around to asking for help with my battle equipment. 🥲

This is all truly cobbled together, I've never been super invested in Battledome, so I don't really know where to start on upgrading.

Willing to spend around 10 mil probably? But I can do more if needed.

Screenshot_20240709-132002.png.f3f18c0f2d5968c522bb9879238cdb78.pngScreenshot_20240709-132141.thumb.png.13ae69da17d1d27e40111e96e5a2b400.png

Hi @Wildbreeze! For a beginner set, it's not bad! Well, for starters, to replace Scroll of the Scholar, if you've got 800 plot points already, you could get a Void Blade from the prize shop. It's 16 constant icons and the voidlings have one! lol They're still not buyable on the shop wiz, so that's just a suggestion.  if you want to save some NP, you can buy one from a user if you want to save your prize points though. 😉

A CHEAPER though potentially stronger option would be to buy a Turned Tooth, 13-22 icons with an average of between 15-16 icons. Since it has variable offense. It can be pretty powerful and even at it's weakest it would be stronger than you other multi-use weapons.  Price has SKYROCKETED though, about 800k for ONE now. So I recommend buying one soon if you're going to!

Replace Gilded War Hammer for Hanso Charisma Charm. The charm has 10 icon attack and defends ALL darkness.

For your healer. It would actually get you a bit of profit if you sold your Rejuvenating Jar of Brains and bought a Feel Better Soup. the  RJoB heals 60hp, Feel Better Soup heals 50% and defends all Air on the turn it's used. Also, it's cheaper. But it's up to you, just a suggestion. 😉

Leaf shield is ok, but not too useful right now with the voidlings, still save it since it might be more useful later.

Keep Downsize!

Obviously keep Varia is the Bomb! XD

Hmm... Bow of the Hegelob can be replaced...  If you're truly willing to spend upwards of 10 mil, maybe a 2nd Turned Tooth? You may not need it for the first wave(s) but perhaps further down the line it will come in handy?

Snowager Sword.. It's weak, but it gives you some fire protection, which is not an easy element to block. Still, I'd almost want to recommend downgrading the attack to a Scarab Ring to increase the Defense a little. 6attack instead of 7, but  3 fire but also 3 physical for defense. Hmm.... Well, I'm thinking budget again.  You could probably use something for protection. Let's see, Fire protection, and something that can block some physical.  How about a Solar Flare Shield? Blocks 3 each of Air, Fire, Physical and Water. For about 80,000np. Ooo I REMEMBER now! The Water Powered Pistol! 13 Icon attack and 5 icon Fire defense! About 300,000 right now on the Shop Wiz!

Let's see, I trust you have the ability Lens Flare, right? So against the Voidlings you should be using Lens Flare, plus Varia is the Bomb, plus, Scroll of the Scholar since it's your 2nd strongest weapon right now at 10 icons.  The only reason to use Lens Flare at your level against Voidlings is to stop them from using Halitosis, which can make your pet sick and have to withdraw from the waves of fights. My pet had to and then had to heal from Water Eyes before he could fight again. Quite annoying, but he was still able to earn the max 200 prize points for the day despite being interrupted.

As far as training goes, you're close to the 250 boosts, so get your strength there first, and focus on either HP or Defense. However fits your style of play. There's no boost for getting your HP to 250, it just keeps you fighting longer, but the boost for defense is the same as it is for Strength, so you'll cut damage down 5.5 damage with your defense at 250, just like at 250 your strength will inflict 5.5 damage per icon dealt to your enemy!

I hope this helps! If you have any questions feel free to ask. 🙂 I try to check the forum a couple of times a day.

Turns out I had a couple void blades as prizes from fighting the voidlings. Also got everything else you suggested. 😁 I'm excited to try it out.

I definitely use lens flare, I've been one able to one shot the lower level voidlings without Varia is the Bomb, and the wave 4 one with. I'm happy to have upgrades for when the difficulty ramps up.

It's been ages since I've actively trained, so right now I'm just getting level up to where I can train other stats again. 😅

I think I spent around 2 mil, so that was *extremely* within budget. Thanks so much for your help!

You're very welcome! I'm glad I could offer some good advice. 🙂 Typically I tend to think on a lower budget system, but if you really want to splurge. lol I can come up with some EXPENSIVE gear for you too. 😉  Happy battling! ^_^

4 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Is the Combo Battle Mirror any good?  Won one from the weeklies today.

Nice, it's a Light reflector. It will reflect 75% of Light icons and NEVER break. The BEST straight light reflector you can buy from a shop! Light is easy to block though, so it's not very valuable, less so since it entered the prize pool. But it might be useful depending on the opponent.

Now, if you get a Wand of the Dark Faerie from the plot Prize Shop, (5000 points), it has the same light reflection for it's defense, while having a 21-29 icon offense. Plus it's healing factor, 25% heal when you're below 25% of max HP, and it doesn't count as a healing item. 😉 So honestly, I'd say you could sell the Combo Battle Mirror. If you needed Light Defense, The super cheap Parasol of Unfortunate Demise blocks ALL light and then some. 😉

I DID get my parasol!  I guess I'll look into pricing, and if it's gone down a ton I'll wait until it goes back up a bit before selling it off.  

I'm also guessing that none of the pool prizes from fighting off the little guys in the battledome at the moment are worth anything, correct?

Sounds like a plan! I somehow managed to RS one some time ago, and was trying to sell it just before it got into the prize pool. Went from 2 mil in value, now down to about 600k the last time I looked. So yeah, not worth a lot. XD

Yeah, not really. You're right. Your weapons way out-class what you get as items after clearing the waves. Some of them might be a little interesting, but yeah, too weak for you. 😉 That being said, the prize of healers coming down has been AMAZING with the influx of LEVs, Leaded Elemental Vials from the hospital shifts! I just got another one a couple minutes ago when I finished a hospital shift. Crazy! LOL

Anyway, but if TNT changes the prize pools in act 2, that might be another story. Who knows? :D I don't know what they'll do for act 2, but I keep seeing rumors on the plot neoboards that they'll change or add prizes to the hospital prize pool. I haven't heard anything to that officially, so I don't know if it will happen or not. BUT, if it did, who is to say that the next wave might not be in a different dome, with different prizes? That would be pretty cool and keep things interesting! But that's only wishful thinking and theory, based upon rumor. Not to be taken seriously.

5 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I've gotten a couple of the vials (should I replace the soup with one?) and stilllll haven't gotten the stamp!  

Sure! Just remember to Equip it and not Use it. Using it will use it up and it'll be gone forever. Equip it and you can use it in the battledome once per battle. You probably know this, but I ALWAYS type up that warning because it'd be tragic to lose an LEV to an accidental slip of the finger. 😉 Feel better Soup is super cheap now, so you could put it in a gallery, or your SDB until it gains some value, or you could give or sell it to someone who could use it but they can't afford a LEV yet. There several things you could do with it. 😉 Just some ideas. XD

You're looking for the hospital stamp? The one with the green gelert on it?

Not anymore.  Looked it up and saw it was only worth 100 np, so I grabbed one.  Not that I'm really collecting stamps as the top tier are soooo expensive, but just as a side hobby.  Sort of like books, hahaha.

Edit:  Oh! It seems we're getting more prizes (even though most are junk) from the battledome in this.  I know I've seen that we'll permanently be getting more NP (which means I need to find a money maker. . .) but are the prize limits also going to go up?

Cool, I was gonna say, they should be fairly cheap now. XD

I believe the prize limits, 30, are JUST for the plot, and afterward it will return to 15. However the NP limit, 50,000, will apparently remain in place from what I've heard.

Boo.  I would have loved the chance to get more codestones!

Do you happen to know of any easy-ish to beat enemies that give a fair bit of NP?  If I switch to the Giant Spectral Mutant Walein since I can still 1 round kill it, and it's in the dome that gives a fair few codestones, I'm only getting 300 np per battle, and my usual little fishy friend only gives me 209.  The extra NP I'd be losing daily if I just went to the prize limit wouldn't be the end of the world, but it'd still be kinda nice to be able to collect some more.

That's what I'm getting on the hardest setting for the regular battledome enemies too. About 300np.

I wonder if TNT expects us to get those increments to 50,000np? Or if they plan on tweaking it for the regular challengers?

If you battle on mighty/extreme for your 15 regular battledome prizes per day before doing your void battles. That'll help. I usually do 5 waves of the 2nd wave (5 battles) of Void enemies on Extreme. You get 50 points per completed wave, so I only get points for 4 of the waves because of the max 200 plot point limit, but I do a 5th to make sure I didn't lose count. LOL If I do a 6th wave, that gets me to the max of 50,000np because I'd have less than 8k np to go to reach the 50k limit.

Okay, so I've been slacking (oops.)  So replace the soup with the leaded vial, and the pingrenade (if I get the points to spread around) with grapes of wrath?  Then the tear in place of the parasol that I still haven't replaced with downsize?  Then perhaps the wand for my staff?  Or should I ditch the sword and have both items instead?  And leave the tablet for now since there's no real need to give it up for anything else, right?  Or should I grab the sticks in place of the tablet (or something else?)  

I'd sort of like to have ONE set since I only really do the single player dome, just so I don't need to bother with swapping stuff around, since as you can see I tend to not do that on a regular basis 😂

image.png.611d61e4ea3a1a41ff3276ced77e1638.png

On 7/19/2024 at 7:57 PM, GillyTook said:

Okay, so I've been slacking (oops.)  So replace the soup with the leaded vial, and the pingrenade (if I get the points to spread around) with grapes of wrath?  Then the tear in place of the parasol that I still haven't replaced with downsize?  Then perhaps the wand for my staff?  Or should I ditch the sword and have both items instead?  And leave the tablet for now since there's no real need to give it up for anything else, right?  Or should I grab the sticks in place of the tablet (or something else?)  

I'd sort of like to have ONE set since I only really do the single player dome, just so I don't need to bother with swapping stuff around, since as you can see I tend to not do that on a regular basis 😂

image.png.611d61e4ea3a1a41ff3276ced77e1638.png

Hey @GillyTook, sorry, I was out of town visiting family over the weekend, I'm back home now. So to answer your questions.... pretty much, yes. XD

Let's see, Yes, the Leaded Vial is a full heal, so Equip it, make sure you don't USE it when you are equipping it, or it WILL be used up and vanish forever.

The Pinegrenade can be replaced with Grapes of Wrath, indeed, or you can replace Varia is the Bomb eventually too. Varia only does 1 icon more than GoW and it's once per battle. So you might want to replace it someday.  Actually, with Seasonal Attack Pea, you don't NEED Grapes of Wrath. Seasonal Attack Pea does 28 icons. Combining that with the WoDF should average you between 25-26 icons, even those WoDF's icon range is 21-29.

Yeah, The Tear can Replace the Parasol. I believe you can still Equip a Downsize! if you wanted as well. lol I don't know for sure, I haven't had both to try that, yet. lol

Since Wand of the Dark Faerie is basically a direct Upgrade to Illusens Staff, yes, replace the staff with  the wand.

You can leave the Tablet. Getting Thunder Sticks WOULD be a good idea.

Thunder Sticks has a 16 icon attack, defends all physical icons on the turn it's used, and is a 100% freezer. Freezing items work on the following turn. So if you use Thunder sticks on the same turn as Lens Flare, that will be 2 turns in a row that the opponent cannot attack you.

So, you set might look something like this.

Thunder Sticks
Sword of Malum/Grapes of Wrath
Wand of the Dark Faerie
Seasonal Attack Pea
The Mystical Tablet
Leaded Elemental Vial
Varia is the Bomb/Grapes of Wrath/Downsize!
Thyoras Tear

I'm not saying get 2 Grapes of Wrath, I'm saying it could be used in either of those 2 slots. If TNT ever fixes Stealing you might consider getting your agility to 201 and trying out a Heavy Robe of Thievery, for fun. 😉 But get one when the prices are really low.

I hope that helps.