Vote for the obelisk War! Round 248

Duma

Which faction are you joining this round?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction are you joining?

• Seekers
    • Thieves Guild
    • The Sway

Which faction are you joining for this round?

So, vote!

Good luck!

You must win in 10 battles each round in order to win the boons.

Oxbridge Prediction:

image.png

2 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

I'm not sure, what is everyone else doing and WHY?

I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning toward The Sway.

They have the advantage according to Oxbridge's stat-predictions. Plus, like the seekers, they have some excellent boons. That's enough to sway my vote. 😉  The thing is, that if we go for The Sway, we should focus a lot of battles against The Seekers, since they too, will be a popular choice, as they ALSO have the Bank Bribery boon, which is quite popular. But there should be some battles fought against the Thieves, otherwise, they could emerge with a come-from-behind victory while The Sway and The Seekers beat each other up. lol 😉

I already joined the Sway! Oxbridge's Prediction really favors them this time. Also I agree with Aquamentis12 that we need to mostly hit The Seekers and some of The Thieves. Also I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not but I always go all out by selecting hard Difficulty and hitting the opposing team's leaders. but my pet is very high level and has a full advanced battledome set. But I know that a lot of newer players to neopets don't have a full set or a high level pet. So my advice would be to attack the highest level battledome challenger that you can for your level! If someone knows if this strategy helps or not please let me know! Logically it makes sense on paper but as we all know the battledome can be very weird with NPC's having different rules ect.

I've joined The Sway.

@mewthree21, exactly! Since the Seekers are the logical 2nd choice here. Not just going by Oxbridge's predictions, but in this line-up, by virtue of the popular boons the other two faction choices have. It's still an educated guess though as to which faction will win. 😉

That's cool that your battle pet is at a high level. Mind if I ask it's stats? Unfortunately, I don''t know if the higher ranking/tiered opponents count more than the weaker obelisk opponents. Since you only need 10 victories of any of them to qualify for either the boon selection or consolation prize.

I have a sneaking suspicion it MIGHT just be victories vs each faction. I typically favor a 2/3rds to 1/3rd plan for the skirmishes. If it's really close especially like in this case. I would fight The seekers twice, for every battle I battle against the Thieves. Fortunately, skirmish battles with my peophin don't take very long. One round and on to the next battle against the faction leaders. So it's just a matter of remembering to battle. ^^; LOL

No I don't mind at all! My pet shimmer324576543 stats are Hit Points: 334 / 334
Strength: ULTIMATE (362)
Defence: ULTIMATE (327)
Movement: ULTIMATE (328)
Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (697)
 and level 211 but on her page it says level to high to count lol so you will have to take my word on her level.

I'm still training movement for completion at least until the green bar is filled on the battledome page. I know right now it is a useless stat but I want to get all of her stats in the green before I really prioritze the other stats. Right now its just Intelligence that is in the green I think I will need to get her other stats up to 600 before it turns green but honestly I forgot when that happened. Her Strength right now is lopsided because I keep getting faerie quests with my fortune cookies that raise it XD Also I vaguely remember TNT saying a few years back they might make the movement stat not useless but its been years so I think they were just trying to calm the battledomers when the battledome got updated! I think more likely they may use it for a plot but yet again this is neopets we are talking about so I'm going to stop raising it once I reach about 600 😉

Also you may be right about it being just victories but I still try to take down the leaders because for me its fun and who knows I may be on to something about the higher ranked challengers... I just wish there was a way to test it so we know if its a waste of time to go all out XD

Edited by mewthree21
typo

On 12/12/2022 at 6:51 PM, Granny63020 said:

I'm not sure, what is everyone else doing and WHY?

Thanks everyone for weighing in on this.  BTW here is a list of my stats. It only takes 1 hit to knock down the hardest opponent. I wish they would had a harder opponent. In case your interested here are my stats and equipment.

image.png.b40b366085326341b1fe71bd134a78a8.png  image.png.2621aeb0ef082258de1016e8291ac1ec.png

11 hours ago, mewthree21 said:

No I don't mind at all! My pet shimmer324576543 stats are Hit Points: 334 / 334
Strength: ULTIMATE (362)
Defence: ULTIMATE (327)
Movement: ULTIMATE (328)
Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (697)
 and level 211 but on her page it says level to high to count lol so you will have to take my word on her level.

I'm still training movement for completion at least until the green bar is filled on the battledome page. I know right now it is a useless stat but I want to get all of her stats in the green before I really prioritze the other stats. Right now its just Intelligence that is in the green I think I will need to get her other stats up to 600 before it turns green but honestly I forgot when that happened. Her Strength right now is lopsided because I keep getting faerie quests with my fortune cookies that raise it XD Also I vaguely remember TNT saying a few years back they might make the movement stat not useless but its been years so I think they were just trying to calm the battledomers when the battledome got updated! I think more likely they may use it for a plot but yet again this is neopets we are talking about so I'm going to stop raising it once I reach about 600 😉

Also you may be right about it being just victories but I still try to take down the leaders because for me its fun and who knows I may be on to something about the higher ranked challengers... I just wish there was a way to test it so we know if its a waste of time to go all out XD

Not bad stats @mewthree21! Movement is only really useful to train to 201 for right now, for the Heavy Robe of Thievery's stealing. Though I think that feature, stealing, is still broken right now. 😞
Anyway, you can always focus on the other stats and increasing movement when you get air faerie quests. Since those are 3 points per quest, and sometimes cookies give out the same faerie a couple of days in a row. Trust me, I did balanced training of all stats as well with my peophin. 😉 I HOPE that TNT adds more boosts to the pets who are trained to 750+ strength and defense, since 750 is currently the highest you can train and get any kind of improvement from. I'll be posting my stats below too.

@Granny63020, Nice stats and battle record! You've got a LOT of weapons, not much on defensive gear in your set. But everyone has their own style of battling. 😉

So, my peophin's stats and battle record. i don't battle daily like I used to. And the majority of my losses are from Envy during the Obelisk War. I think 414, if I recall correctly. My defense is a LITTLE lopsided to Strength because Quest Cookies do tend to give out more strength increasing quests than defense increasing quests. I tried to keep 'em balanced. lol Same with HP. Although I know it's pointless to train stats beyond 750 other than HP. *shrug* One never knows with TNT, it MAY come in useful someday. Most of my agility came from Air Faerie and Soup Faerie quests from the quest cookies.

image.png

My battle set includes Golden Peophin Harp as a Freezer, Ghostkerbomb, Downsize!, Blazing Embers, Sword of Malum, Bag of Healing Dust, Mysterious Red Potion, and Pretty Negg Shield.

I've been using that Downsize! for-EVER. LOL Golden Peophin Harp is my 2nd oldest item in this set. Ghostkerbomb, Bag of Healing Dust. I only replaced a few of my weapons with Blazing Embers and Sword of Malum after that event. Mysterious Red Potion is nice if you use it correctly, and the Pretty Negg Shield I wanted to try out/test. I change my set as needed though for opponents. Mainly the last 2 slots I will switch out for reflectors or shields as the opponent I'm facing warrants.

Aquamentis12   you are my inspiration!  I have been using cookies for while to up my stats. I got sick and just couldn't bring myself to devote to doing daily quests. I think after

the holidays pass I am going to start up again.  I want nothing more than to get my level into the 2000's and of course level up the stats as well.  I have being battling the

Giant Space Fungus on hard 636 it doesn't take much to know him down and the reason I stay with him is for the items. I get lots of nerkmids, stones of both colors, neo tokens and Bubbling Fungus. It brings in bank for me since there are not a big variety of games I want to play.  So, as far as defensive gear at this point I don't need it. Of course if a big battle comes I'll need to reevaluate what weapons I'll using. That's when I will need your help and other more experienced players to step in and help with the decisions.  My stats aren't bad but they could be a lot better. 

@Granny63020, I mostly use the Faerie Quest Cookies as well. Training with codestones just takes forever at 1 point per training session, unless you get the uncommon bonus(es).

Giant Space Fungus used to be pretty popular, and probably still is. I tend to go after Shadow Usul before doing Faction skirmish battles. I used to go after Jelly Chia for it's rarer drops, but they became less rare and thus, worth less NP. 😜

Like I said in my post, you really don't have to do much with your stats as far as if you train them specifically with codestones. Since the max benefit, a 16x boost multiplier is achieved at 750 for both Strength and Defense. If you're going to do codestone training, I would focus on your level, maybe your HP. Since HP can be trained to 3x your Level, some people don't bother with defense and just go for HP and Strength. You already have your Strength and Defense maxed, so getting a higher level and more HP would be a potentially good idea for your training.

If you need any help on battle equipment, just post in the Batledome forum and I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice! I'm always happy to help battlers with figuring out their sets, and if you're on a tight budget, budget battling is my specialty. lol

IF you ever want to try something for Defense, I would recommend a Downsize! as it's cheap and blocks 50% of all damage once per battle. Avoid getting the Downsize Power Plus! Which is retired and is a one-use only and then it's gone forever. Instead, Thick Smoke Bombs do the same, block 100% of damage once and then are forever gone, but they are much cheaper and can be bought at the "secret" Ninja Training School. You probably know this already, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. 😉

14 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Not bad stats @mewthree21! Movement is only really useful to train to 201 for right now, for the Heavy Robe of Thievery's stealing. Though I think that feature, stealing, is still broken right now. 😞
Anyway, you can always focus on the other stats and increasing movement when you get air faerie quests. Since those are 3 points per quest, and sometimes cookies give out the same faerie a couple of days in a row. Trust me, I did balanced training of all stats as well with my peophin. 😉 I HOPE that TNT adds more boosts to the pets who are trained to 750+ strength and defense, since 750 is currently the highest you can train and get any kind of improvement from. I'll be posting my stats below too.

1566690567_Shimmersbattledomeset.jpg.51394c1c2f659492e6a39f32b2d6bd1f.jpg

Thanks @Aquamentis12 I will take your advice and train Shimmer in her other stats while saving agility for faerie quests! However those three yellow bars bother me XD So I may start training some agility once the other bars turn green... Hopefully I won't have too and I will get Air Faerie Quests semi often. Anyways um... I kinda spent a fortune on my battledome set lol I have had the same account since I was a kid its an 18+ year account but I just finished the set last month 😭 I'm a horrible restocker so I only buy books on half price day each month and I battle Jetsam Ace everyday because I think he drops more nerkmids then the Giant Space Fungus most days I get 1 or 2 nerkmids but a few days I have gotten 3 or 4!!  I think it's because he has a lesser drop pool then the Giant Space Fungus so nerkmids drop more often. But um I looked up some info on what weapons are best Aquamentis12...I hope that you think my setup is good because omg the price I really don't want to have to change anything! I'm also scared that the pant devil will come and steal one of my weapons if I unequip anything! That honestly would make me cry like a little kid again lol. With that being said please be honest! I'm a grown woman I can take it! Ok I'm ready deep breathes... Aquamentis12! I am ready for you to review my battle dome set (GULP) lol

@mewthree21, lol Considering what you must've spent on that battle equipment, I can understand you being nervous. lol But don't worry, that set is quite good and is more powerful than any of my weapons or shields that I regularly use. 😉

I've thought about getting a Sword of Reif, but I've been in "saving-mode" for so long, that I just can't part with that much NP right now. lol My DREAM weapon would be Skarls Sword, but I'll need another decade or more to afford it of what few exist out there. Skarls Sword is actually not terribly powerful, but it would be a useful dual-duty weapon and I really love it's graphic. lol

Anyway, you've got a pretty top-notch set. The only thing that would make it stronger would be the Pea-family of weapons. Which everything is inflated now because of the rumor of an upcoming battle plot in the new year. For Defense, consider getting a Downsize!, as I suggested to Granny, and switch it in if you find yourself taking too much damage from an opponent that your shields won't block icons from. It will reduce damage taken by 50% once per battle. A lifesaver at times, and it's cheap. lol If you are worried about switching an item out, you could temporarily equip it to one of your other pets, until you need it again.

Looking at your shields, you don't have anything to block fire-icons. Hanso's Charimsa Charm takes care of Dark while attacking with 10 icons, and Hubrid Nox's Shield takes a chunk out of earth, wind, water, physical, and also 100% of light. But your Craftsmans Lens is a bit redundant in that it reflects 50% of Earth and 50% of Light. Granted, this can be a good way of defending and attacking at the same time. But you should consider something with Fire Defense. A simple and CHEAP shield, Flaming Oven Gloves, block 5 Fire and 2 Light icons. And they are VERY cheap. Having one of those in your inventory to switch out with either Sword or your Craftsman Lens would be a good idea if you fight an opponent that has fire in their arsenal. There are other fire blockers and reflectors, but they are a bit more pricey and rare. Fire always has been a tricky icon to block for some reason. 😉

I can't restock either, so I understand the limitations that brings by way of funds. I play Trudy's Surprise daily, and for stats, I also visit Coltzan's Shrine. USUALLY the stat I get help with is intellect, but rarely I'll get a Strength or Defense boost of a several points.

Also, for training, you might consider Kitchen Quests on Mystery Island. Doing these quests can SOMETIMES yield a 1 point gain in a random stat. Any except for intelligence. That includes Agility. But, since the item and NP prizes you can also get are rather low-value. I'd recommend limiting yourself to 5,000np per quest. That's what I do. If you get a stat point, great, if you get np, you'll be out around 4k np, if you get an item, it might be worth that much, it might not be. But you can go with whatever amount you feel is worth the gamble. You can do 10 on-site quests per day. That means that Kitchen Quests, Edna's Quests, Snow Faerie Quests, etc. all count toward those 10 completed quests per day. The count resets at midnight NST.

I think that covers everything, let me know if I missed something or if you have any other questions. 🙂

Thank you @Aquamentis12! I ended up buying Downsize! And the Golden Garfir Helm which I found blocks 5 fire and 5 light so it is an upgrade to Flaming Oven Gloves 5 Fire and 2 Light it was also affordable I got it for 10k so more than Flaming Oven Gloves I saw those going for under 200! I know that the extra light might seem useless but sometimes I tend to only use 1 shield at a time so that is why I went with the Golden Garfir Helm for a little extra protection. As for what weapon I will be replacing it will be Craftsmans Lens. My playstyle has me using both swords at the same time often so unequiping one won't do... So I am left with a choice which I would like your thoughts on... Do I equip the Golden Garfir Helm for fire or Downsize! for the 50%?

You're welcome @mewthree21, I'm glad you found a reasonably priced upgrade to the Flaming Oven Gloves! As for which you should equip. I would say leave that to your playstyle and which opponent you fight. For example, against the Giant Space Fungus, you check his profile, https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/challenger-giant-space-fungus and click on his equipment to see what each piece does. In battling him. Your Hanso Charisma Charm and Hubrid Nox shield, would stop almost all of his damage, though you could change it up and use your Craftsmans Lens to reflect half of his light and earth back at him while blocking any/all dark with the Hanso Charisma Charm which also does 10 icons of damage as a dual-duty weapon.

In which case you wouldn't need either sword, "technically" speaking. 😉

The current list of all challengers is on this page, but the ones currently in the BD are the Active Challengers. https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/secret-challengers

I don't know why we don't have a page specifically for the actives and one for retired/past plot opponents, but I don't make the pages, and those staff have a lot to handle already.

Anyway, if you wanted to go against, something with Fire weapons, say, Edna the Witch.
https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/challenger-edna-the-witch

That would be a time to switch in your new Golden Garfir Helm for the fire/light combo defense.

I recommend keeping some of your slots fluid, so that you can fight with say, 6 main pieces of equipment, and have 2 slots that you are alright with switching out if needed based on what a new opponent has in their arsenal.

Whenever the next battle-plot happens, TDN staffers will be fighting to figure out what weapons and abilities each new opponent has and then get that info into the challengers database as soon as possible.

Hope this answers your question. 🙂