RE Lotto Ticket on my Side

hbw

I recently logged into my side account and immediately upon logging in, I got a random event where a Wocky just out of the blue gifted me a lottery ticket / numbers already chosen for the Neopian Lottery. I know TNT rules state REs on side accounts are OK, but there is also an explicit rule that states playing the lottery on side accounts is considered cheating.

Should I be worried about my accounts getting frozen? Both my side account and my main one? If it's any consolation, I have hardly ever played the Neopian Lottery (let alone won) and thus hadn't/haven't bought any tickets on my current (or side) account.

This is one of those grey areas that worries me, too. You didn't actually buy a ticket though... I wonder if there's background mechanics that shows that... ?

Who knows?

This has got to be one of those things that's technically "illegal" but it actually fine though, surely? People must win money from various REs on side accounts all the time.

This is just me making assumptions though, hopefully a staffy person can give us the official gen and put our minds at ease. ☺️

Thank you for your insight. For now I am crossing my fingers that I *don't* win so hopefully it's a non-issue and non-noticeable LOL. But if there was ever a time I would actually win a lottery or something like that, I feel like my "lucky stars" are the type that would make it so in a stressful way such as this. ?

You don't need to worry as this came from a Random Event and you didn't actively buy it ...

However , if you happen to win , I think you are required to donate the NP to the Money Tree ... and contact Support ... they may remove your Trophy , or let you keep it ... 

1 hour ago, hbw said:

For now I am crossing my fingers that I *don't* win so hopefully it's a non-issue and non-noticeable LOL

Yeah the chance of you actually winning from this ticket is so small it's basically a moot point, isn't it. ?

Really, @Angeló? It's so cute that TNT expects you to do things like that. The trust system, still in play in the 21st century! Only because there's no coded means to deal with things, but still, it's cute.

I remember receiving something I shouldn't have... additional someth... WAIT! It was Charity Corner prizes . I got double everything (two hardhats and reflective vests, yay...) and contacted support. You might remember that I couldn't believe it when Rico said to donate/discard the additional stuff myself. I thought it was just him being his characteristic lazy self but you told me it was policy.

It's not a grey area at all. They have stated several times that you can enjoy whatever a random event gives you on a side account as it is just that: a random event! 

You don't have to donate/contact TNT if you were to win or if a random event gives you an item/nps while on your side account.

18 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

It's not a grey area at all. They have stated several times that you can enjoy whatever a random event gives you on a side account as it is just that: a random event! 

You don't have to donate/contact TNT if you were to win or if a random event gives you an item/nps while on your side account.

Thank you for giving me some peace of mind in this swirling ocean of uncertainty haha. I was panicking at first wondering if I needed to proactively start shifting all of my stuff to new accounts thinking the main AND side would be frozen. I would obviously be sad about NP and items but not really as much those as I'd be upset about my pets as I am attached to them all at this point (which is the only reason I have a side account, I end up keeping all of my "project pets".

*ends dramatic antics* In all seriousness though, I appreciate you taking the time to answer a question you've probably already answered too many times. I did try to look back through old threads and Google'd my question but a lot of the people weighing in with their opinion seemed to end their posts with uncertainty &since they were old no one could bump them to update what the outcome of their situation was. 

If for any wild reason I were to win the lottery, or have anything happen to my account(s) purely related to this incident, I'll be sure to update everyone with TNT's message/reasoning. But I feel pretty solid with your response so at least the worrying has ceased.

tldr; thank you lol.