Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

To get your new opponent, follow the guide and thread here.


This is what I have for Kaia's stats so far. Keep in mind, she has some POWERFUL weaponry. If you can't beat her outright, don't be shy about using the "Throw Pillows" strategy. Also, I do NOT know the stats of her "Ruby Ring". Not what it's actual name is as of yet, nor what it does. I've only seen it once and it didn't seem to do anything that one time. If anyone knows, it's full name or it's stats, please post here or PM me. I am including it's image URL though too. Thanks!

 

Kaia

Faerie
Image URL
http://images.neopets.com/dome/npcs/00688_3d82695cb8_fwr/portrait_688.png

Difficulty   HP
89            89
579          579
740          740


Meditate
Healing Fire
Shade
Irritable Minions

Leaf Shield
Grapes of Wrath

Ruby Ring?  http://images.neopets.com/items/wea_ruby_ring.gif
Skarls Sword

Shield of Faerieland
Wand of the Dark Faerie

Amulet Of Darkness
Focus of Imminent Destruction

Notes:
I'm pretty amazed she has such rare weaponry. But given her true Identity, it makes sense she'd have an old awesome weapon like Skarls Sword. Focus of Imminent Destruction is brand new in the Hidden Tower, don't know what it does, but it seemed to "fizzle" the one time she's tried it against me so far, and didn't do anything I could see.

Good Luck!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

To get your new opponent, follow the guide and thread here.


This is what I have for Kaia's stats so far. Keep in mind, she has some POWERFUL weaponry. If you can't beat her outright, don't be shy about using the "Throw Pillows" strategy. Also, I do NOT know the stats of her "Ruby Ring". Not what it's actual name is as of yet, nor what it does. I've only seen it once and it didn't seem to do anything that one time. If anyone knows, it's full name or it's stats, please post here or PM me. I am including it's image URL though too. Thanks!

 

Kaia

Faerie
Image URL
http://images.neopets.com/dome/npcs/00688_3d82695cb8_fwr/portrait_688.png

Difficulty   HP
89            89
579          579
740          740


Meditate
Healing Fire
Shade
Irritable Minions

Leaf Shield
Grapes of Wrath

Ruby Ring?  http://images.neopets.com/items/wea_ruby_ring.gif
Skarls Sword

Shield of Faerieland
Wand of the Dark Faerie

Amulet Of Darkness
Focus of Imminent Destruction

Notes:
I'm pretty amazed she has such rare weaponry. But given her true Identity, it makes sense she'd have an old awesome weapon like Skarls Sword. Focus of Imminent Destruction is brand new in the Hidden Tower, don't know what it does, but it seemed to "fizzle" the one time she's tried it against me so far, and didn't do anything I could see.

Good Luck!

 

 

According to JellyNeo, it is called "Pulsing Ruby Ring" and they don't have the stats on it, as of yet, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scoobert_Doo said:

According to JellyNeo, it is called "Pulsing Ruby Ring" and they don't have the stats on it, as of yet, either.

Thanks Scoobert. I wonder how they got the full name? I checked the media with Firefox and all I could get was the image URL.  Anyway she's had a number of chances to use it in my battles with her, but nothing comes up in the combat log so far. Makes me wonder if it's glitched.. And so far the Focus of Imminent Destruction hasn't done anything for her either, which makes me wonder if it's like an over-priced Sword of Lameness, where sometimes it doesn't do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They seem to have a way of finding images before they are released. Not sure how they do it, but someone is very clever. I wonder if it will be one of the "perks" or "boons" you can get from CC, or if the DF will be the final character everyone will have to fight, and this could be the item the Neopian, who deals the final defeating blow, will get? If only item stealing still worked in the Battledome...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

They seem to have a way of finding images before they are released. Not sure how they do it, but someone is very clever. I wonder if it will be one of the "perks" or "boons" you can get from CC, or if the DF will be the final character everyone will have to fight, and this could be the item the Neopian, who deals the final defeating blow, will get? If only item stealing still worked in the Battledome...

Yeah, something I'd certainly be interested in learning, as long as it's all above board of course. I'm not familiar with the term CC, what is it? I'd LIKE to see what happens if we ALL have to take on the DF. I've played/beaten the PS2 Neopets game where she almost succeeds in taking over Neopia, but it's been so long now that I can't recall her actual fate at the end of the game. lol

Yeah! I was wondering if they fixed Stealing in the BD on the sly, but I haven't changed my equipment to try that yet. If we do have a site-wide boss battle, it would be nice to have stealing back in action. LOL While it CAN prolong the battle, chances are we're gonna get defeated anyway. lol Still, it's more fun to see what you can grab from the opponent. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I'm not familiar with the term CC, what is it?

My bad. I thought is was universal, well, in Neopian speak, that CC was short for Charity Corner. As the two seem to be tied together, and it seems one or two new Battledome items might be released at the end of both, even though we've received quite a few new weapons during this plot, that the Prize Shop(s?) might "reveal" this new weapon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH! LOL I was thinking you may have been referring to a weapon or some kind of program or something. LOL I feel a little silly for not thinking of that. Probably because my brain is more battle-focused right now. XD

That's a really interesting theory! It WOULD make donating more "rewarding" at the end.
Someone in my guild got the new CC avatar, apparently you can get it with 100 donations, though I haven't checked yet to see if it's donating 100 items, or 100 times. LOL I'm hoping it's the former. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Thanks Scoobert. I wonder how they got the full name? I checked the media with Firefox and all I could get was the image URL. 

It says the name of the weapon right in the battle log. This should be the go to place when looking for weapon names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

It says the name of the weapon right in the battle log. This should be the go to place when looking for weapon names.

If the item doesn't activate though, then it won't. I always leave the combat log open during a fight so I can look at the info, even when it's not a new opponent/item or a weapon test. The ring hasn't activated when it's been in one of her weapon slots in battle, not for me so far anyway. Unless there's some other battle log you're talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aquamentis12 said:

If the item doesn't activate though, then it won't. I always leave the combat log open during a fight so I can look at the info, even when it's not a new opponent/item or a weapon test. The ring hasn't activated when it's been in one of her weapon slots in battle, not for me so far anyway. Unless there's some other battle log you're talking about?

It will. You will have to "force" her to use it, obviously, if your pet is trained enough to outlast her.

This way she can use it, we can see the title and see what the weapon does :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, are you thinking that maybe I'm not attacking with the right types of icons? I'm using Sword of Malum, and defensive items/abilities, trying not to kill her too quickly. She's still a bit too "squishy", for using 2 weapons per turn. I suppose using Blazing Embers only might provoke a reaction. I'll give that a shot next. I like to heal before I beat her, so I use my lens flare or freeze her with my freezer so I get to heal the last round. About the 4th or 5th round, depending on how much water she blocks from Sword of Malum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

So, are you thinking that maybe I'm not attacking with the right types of icons? I'm using Sword of Malum, and defensive items/abilities, trying not to kill her too quickly. She's still a bit too "squishy", for using 2 weapons per turn. I suppose using Blazing Embers only might provoke a reaction. I'll give that a shot next. I like to heal before I beat her, so I use my lens flare or freeze her with my freezer so I get to heal the last round. About the 4th or 5th round, depending on how much water she blocks from Sword of Malum.

That could very well be it. I used Malums Sword and the Stone Foam Finger earlier this morning and she blocked 20+ physical icons with the ring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just struck with ONLY Blazing Embers and she finally used the ring. So it IS Pulsing Ruby Ring. Here's the text from the log..
 

Quote

Kaia seems to predict your fire attack; the Pulsing Ruby Ring absorbs it and reflects it back! Visions? Or just lucky?

Blocked 4 icons of physical and 4 of Fire. Doing 206 damage to her.  But, then the defended icons appearing on my side of the log suggest that she reflected 5 Physical and 4Fire at me with the ring. I used "meh" and that takes out 1 icon of fire and physical, still doing 125hp of damage. Hmmm looks like the darn ring is going to be a doozy to figure out. A shame we can't steal it. >_<

Her other weapon was Focus of Imminent Destruction, but it did nothing except glow red and not do anything.

 

EDIT: @hrtbrk So far against me she hasn't blocked/reflected 20 Physical icons, even when I combine Stone Foam Finger with Blazing Embers. But that's "so far".

Seems that she blocks and reflects 4 fire pretty consistently when I use Blazing Embers. I'm amazed she can reflect physical though. I thought that wasn't an option in the BD? I wonder if TNT is throwing us another curve ball? Perhaps a sign of things to come? Anyway, I've been looking at the icons blocked. Most of the recent battles and rounds when she's used the ring, it's been with another weapon/shield that dulls other damage. So I don't have a full grasp on the actual damage for the most part.

This is what I have so far. It's after 2am now, so I'm about to head off for the night.

Quote

Using Blazing Embers
Defends  Reflect
4P 4F     5P 4F
3P 4F     3P 4F
2P 4F     9P 4F
2P 4F     2P 4F
2P 4F     2P 4F
4P 4F     4P 4F
2P 4F     1P 4F
4P 4F     5P 4F

Using Stone Foam Finger
Defends  Reflect
7P          1P
7P          8P
7P          1P
7P          2P
7P  112d 8P  128d

Using Stone Foam Finger AND Blazing Embers
Defends       Reflect
7P 4F 305d   9P 4F 207d

The lowercase "d" for all of the twice I was able to get it, is the damage she did against my pet with the reflected damage alone. Along with the damage that was done to her with the listed weapons. If this helps with figuring out it's abilities, great. "P" and "F" are for Physical and Fire icons. Just in case. If anyone gets some good data/notes, feel free to post it here. Otherwise I'll pick it up again tomorrow when I can get back on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried Thick Smoke Bomb ? I took my chances with her at about half health and she 1 shot KO'd me. So I was planning on trying that with Throw Pillows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kute said:

Has anyone tried Thick Smoke Bomb ? I took my chances with her at about half health and she 1 shot KO'd me. So I was planning on trying that with Throw Pillows. 

Hi Kute, if you use the Throw Pillows strategy until Kaia is defeated, then you shouldn't have to use a Thick Smoke Bomb. Using it also takes up a weapon slot, so from what I can see, it might mean you'd need to use Throw Pillows possibly an extra time, plus you'd be wasting the Thick Smoke Bomb if you used it during the same turn as Throw Pillows. It's a good idea in some cases. But if your pet isn't strong enough to do a lot of damage with only 1 weapon and 1 faerie ability, then I'd recommend not using the Thick Smoke Bomb and just stick to the Throw Pillows strategy. It would be quicker.

If you wanted to stop using the Throw Pillows strategy then sure, Thick Smoke Bomb would protect your pet that one round. But Kaia COULD potentially block your attack with her defensive equipment.

For example, while fighting/testing her, she's reduced some of my pets attacks down to under 50-damage. Pretty impressive considering I'm working on getting the stats for one of her currently exclusive items. If I were serious, I could take her out in 1 or 2 rounds. This nifty little gadget is TDN's Damage Calculator.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/damage-calculator/

Enter your pet's strength range from the drop-down options, and type in how many icons your weapon does. It will give you the maximum damage your pet can do at the strength level and icons that the weapon possesses. You can then input your 2nd weapon's icons and then just add 'em together. That's how much damage you should be able to do while using Throw Pillows. Some weapons, Like Malum's Sword and Blazing Embers have some variable icons, so they won't be exactly the same every time. Though both are fairly strong at, I do believe, over 15 icons each at this time. Anyway, if you want to risk having to start over again, you can risk a 2nd turn to attack with 1 weapon, Thick Smoke Bomb and 1 Faerie Ability, but I would not recommend it. I applaud your thinking though. I like trying to fight stronger opponents too. ;)

Best of luck with your battles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Hi Kute, if you use the Throw Pillows strategy until Kaia is defeated, then you shouldn't have to use a Thick Smoke Bomb. Using it also takes up a weapon slot, so from what I can see, it might mean you'd need to use Throw Pillows possibly an extra time, plus you'd be wasting the Thick Smoke Bomb if you used it during the same turn as Throw Pillows. It's a good idea in some cases. But if your pet isn't strong enough to do a lot of damage with only 1 weapon and 1 faerie ability, then I'd recommend not using the Thick Smoke Bomb and just stick to the Throw Pillows strategy. It would be quicker.

If you wanted to stop using the Throw Pillows strategy then sure, Thick Smoke Bomb would protect your pet that one round. But Kaia COULD potentially block your attack with her defensive equipment.

For example, while fighting/testing her, she's reduced some of my pets attacks down to under 50-damage. Pretty impressive considering I'm working on getting the stats for one of her currently exclusive items. If I were serious, I could take her out in 1 or 2 rounds. This nifty little gadget is TDN's Damage Calculator.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/damage-calculator/

Enter your pet's strength range from the drop-down options, and type in how many icons your weapon does. It will give you the maximum damage your pet can do at the strength level and icons that the weapon possesses. You can then input your 2nd weapon's icons and then just add 'em together. That's how much damage you should be able to do while using Throw Pillows. Some weapons, Like Malum's Sword and Blazing Embers have some variable icons, so they won't be exactly the same every time. Though both are fairly strong at, I do believe, over 15 icons each at this time. Anyway, if you want to risk having to start over again, you can risk a 2nd turn to attack with 1 weapon, Thick Smoke Bomb and 1 Faerie Ability, but I would not recommend it. I applaud your thinking though. I like trying to fight stronger opponents too. ;)

Best of luck with your battles!

Oh wow, this is super helpful. Thank you so much for your time in writing this post! :D:heart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a problem. I clicked on the sword, got the message that I got it, and unlocked Kaia. But the sword doesn't appear in my inventory... Is that a glitch of some kind? ...On the other hand... Now that I think about it I've apple bopped after that. Should that affect plot items?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enitul said:

I've got a problem. I clicked on the sword, got the message that I got it, and unlocked Kaia. But the sword doesn't appear in my inventory... Is that a glitch of some kind? ...On the other hand... Now that I think about it I've apple bopped after that. Should that affect plot items?

Hi @enitul, I'm not really sure. You should be able to see it in your inventory and equip it. However, the lag is pretty bad and as I was changing some of my equipment. I clicked on unequip twice instead of once, and ALL my weapons SEEMED to vanish. I mean they were not displayed on the equipment change page. Pretty scary. ;) However, when I went into battle, chose an easy opponent, just in case my set was actually gone, I found my battle set still intact, save for the item I was unequipping. So it might be a small glitch like that.

My suggestion, if you haven't tried it already, would be to go to your change equipment area of the battledome. Which can be found on this page, below your list of equipped equipment.
http://www.neopets.com/dome/fight.phtml

If you've got all 8 slots filled, you'll have to unequip an item first. Then click on the Green button with the + sign in the corner of the empty space. And see if Sword of Malum pops up as an item you can equip. You should be able to equip it.

I hope this helps, and if it doesn't show up, now or SOON. You might consider sending a ticket in, just in case.

Hope this helps! Good luck against Kaia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Hi @enitul, I'm not really sure. You should be able to see it in your inventory and equip it. However, the lag is pretty bad and as I was changing some of my equipment. I clicked on unequip twice instead of once, and ALL my weapons SEEMED to vanish. I mean they were not displayed on the equipment change page. Pretty scary. ;) However, when I went into battle, chose an easy opponent, just in case my set was actually gone, I found my battle set still intact, save for the item I was unequipping. So it might be a small glitch like that.

My suggestion, if you haven't tried it already, would be to go to your change equipment area of the battledome. Which can be found on this page, below your list of equipped equipment.
http://www.neopets.com/dome/fight.phtml

If you've got all 8 slots filled, you'll have to unequip an item first. Then click on the Green button with the + sign in the corner of the empty space. And see if Sword of Malum pops up as an item you can equip. You should be able to equip it.

I hope this helps, and if it doesn't show up, now or SOON. You might consider sending a ticket in, just in case.

Hope this helps! Good luck against Kaia!

Thanks for the advice, but I've tried that already. And nothing. :( I was thinking about asking them on FB since I couldn't find a fitting category with a ticket. And otherwise I'll just have to do the fight without the sword.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, enitul said:

Thanks for the advice, but I've tried that already. And nothing. :( I was thinking about asking them on FB since I couldn't find a fitting category with a ticket. And otherwise I'll just have to do the fight without the sword.

Aww man. :( Yeah, maybe try them on FB. At least it's still during the week, so hopefully they can help you before the weekend. Or at least let you know which category to put a ticket under.  *nods* Yeah, you might have to just try it without Malum's Sword. It's a decent sword against Kaia, but if you've got Blazing Embers and something like Yooyu Knuckle Duster, or stronger, and you should still be able to do a decent amount of damage to Kaia.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you out. :( Good luck getting hold of TNT and getting your Malum's Sword. I hope TNT responds quickly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22-3-2018 at 8:34 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

Aww man. :( Yeah, maybe try them on FB. At least it's still during the week, so hopefully they can help you before the weekend. Or at least let you know which category to put a ticket under.  *nods* Yeah, you might have to just try it without Malum's Sword. It's a decent sword against Kaia, but if you've got Blazing Embers and something like Yooyu Knuckle Duster, or stronger, and you should still be able to do a decent amount of damage to Kaia.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you out. :( Good luck getting hold of TNT and getting your Malum's Sword. I hope TNT responds quickly!

After them not responding on FB, I send in a ticket. And luckily they were able to give me the Malum sword. :D I guess I got lucky again with TNT helping me in a relative short time while others wait years for their ticket to be answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!! I'm a little late to the party hahahah but I have a problem, I'm not able to see kaia as a BD challenger, and I got the message to go fight her so... idk :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...