I need some help with my Gallery, please.

granny63020

I have a rather large gallery and I have some items that could be placed in different categories. My problem is I can not figure out how to place the same item into different categories. When I place an item into the gallery and I already have that item in my gallery it goes into whatever category I had placed the 1st one into. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box so if it's difficult to do would you mind walking me through this in steps. Thanks in advance for any and all help with this.

granny

I don't believe you can put an identical item in different categories. Like you said, the moment you add an identical item the quantity just goes up and they are placed together.

Maybe you can make another category to create a shared group? Or you could decide to look at the category neopets places them in and only have them in that category. For example, if you want to categorize an origami petpet, you either make a category especially for that (but if you only have a few items like that this might not be the best idea) OR you just place it in category petpet since that is it's main category according to neopets.

Well shoot! I was hoping I could do that. I understand about the shared categories. I was hoping (for example) that my rainbow plushies could duplicate and be put into my rainbow collection as well as the plushie collection. I guess I'll just stick to what I'm doing. BTW last night as I was creating more categories for my stuff I found that the gallery feature is not letting me add backgrounds, borders or anything else. Everything is just white behind the items. UGH!

Thanks for the info.

Duma is right .. you can't put one item in two categories .. and if you had two of that item they are merged together and it just says that you have x2 of that item underneath (or 3 ... or 10 ... etc) 

Yes Angelo', that's exactly what was happening. I really thought it was me not being able to figure how to correctly do the categories. Well, oh well, it would have been nice to have the option. Thanks so much to both of you for clearing this issue up for me.

granny

You'd probably be better off using a premade layout or making your own. That's what I did with mine and actually need to tweak it up a bit.

Mouseykins, every thing I do is of neopets is premade. LOL There isn't ANY chance that there would be something I made. The premade doesn't work though, that's what I have been trying to use. Angelo' said that something is wrong with the coding and the haven't worked in a long time. It's been a really long time since I started my gallery so  wasn't aware that things weren't working properly.

By Premade I mean not the premade settings on your Gallery that Neopets provide. I mean a premade from TDN Graphics for example. These you enter into your Description section.

These are the ones you're trying to configure?

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 5.16.54 PM.png

Yes, that is correct! I had no idea these (the ones you pointed me to) existed. Tomorrow I am going to check them out and see if I can figure out how to use them. Thank you for pointing these out to me. I do not like the all white background. In fact I have thought about just putting the stuff back into my SDB until the coding gets fixed. I will try to figure out the ones that you posted before I do that. Thank you!!