Bonus points on this game?

rntracy1

What does it mean when it says, "Bonus points on this game?"  Because I know we are not getting extra NPs or extra points toward ranking up.  Does it count toward our win/loss status against the team we are playing?  What exactly are the "bonus points" we are supposedly getting?  LOL:wacko:

I wondered about this too, I figured it was my borked brain not being able to understand, glad it's not just me who's baffled!

I'm pretty sure it means your Team gets more points, although how many, or in what form, I have no idea.

(There are usually quite a few topics about this on the Neoboards each year, proving that it's a vague concept that confuses lots of people. ;))

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I wondered about this too, I figured it was my borked brain not being able to understand, glad it's not just me who's baffled!

Nope, not just you.  And I have a feeling I wasn't the only one, so I posted about it.  I'd never thought to check the boards though.  Not a big fan of them.  LOL

53 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I'm pretty sure it means your Team gets more points, although how many, or in what form, I have no idea.

(There are usually quite a few topics about this on the Neoboards each year, proving that it's a vague concept that confuses lots of people. ;))

That is what I was thinking, though, like you said, try to prove it.  LOL.  Maybe I will venture into the boards:arrowhead:.  Wish me luck.

I can't be certain about this, but I always thought they were bonus prize-shop points. Because I believe you still have to play whatever number of that game with the Bonus tag, to reach your next rank even if it wasn't the bonus game that day. That's how I've always thought of it anyway, but it remains only a theory. ;)

@rntracy1 Did you make it out of there alive? D:<

Seriously though, does anyone anywhere know the true meaning of these "bonus points".

Or are they more TNT trolling?

AC Team member: "I've thought of a good wheeze!...let's have a bonus points notice on a game, but give NO indication what-so-ever as to what the bonus points actually DO!!

Trololol, right? :lmaosmiley:"

Hopefully this ISN'T how this came about. >_<

TNT once said this 

"When you play Yooyuball today, each score you submit will be worth more than its usual value! Make the most of it, since the opposing team surely will..."

i believe it means the more your team plays this game , the more points they get ..

Angelo, that is what I was thinking, but there is really no way of proving it.  I appreciate all of the input though as I was trying to figure it out.  I wasn't getting any "bonus" and I was wondering where the bonus points were.:shiftyeyes_anim:  LOL

18 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I can't be certain about this, but I always thought they were bonus prize-shop points. Because I believe you still have to play whatever number of that game with the Bonus tag, to reach your next rank even if it wasn't the bonus game that day. That's how I've always thought of it anyway, but it remains only a theory. ;)

From what I've read on the boards over the years, it only affects your Team's points, not your prize-shop points. (But it would be awesome if it did.)
Prize-shop points can be calculated, by calculaters like Absolute Corruption, but those points seem to be based solely on the amount of games played. (For instance, last year I reached Rank 12 and got 4500 prize-shop points. Clicking on Rank 12 on this calculator also displays a total of 4500 points.)