Day 8 - Snow Roller

hrtbrk

Day 8 

AAA : 2750

Me : 3199

In this game , SIZE DOES MATTER  :rolleyes_anim:

Well , not the best of games , it's boring and takes forever ... but with using the UP arrow all the time to slow down and trying to keep the snowball >80% in the first two rounds , then going for the items in the 3rd round ... it's doable ... playing on an old slow computer helps as well ...

A good thing to do is just play off your luck. What I did was during the beginning of the second section of each round after you pick a path (for some reason), if you hold your' back arrow to slow down before the round starts, it seems to slow down the snow ball for a little bit in the beginning (10-15 seconds I would say) I usually focus on getting items during that. All the other times I hold the SPACE button and move my snowball back and forth. I just keep jumping and moving back and forth, you'll get hit a few times here and there, but if you're lucky you'll only hit a few and you'll pick up some items here and there :)

Try ending each round with a large snowball, I got 700+ in the first two rounds and then got some items during the third and the 700+ points at the end of game and it worked, even got a higher score :)

Day 8 

AAA : 2750

Me : 3199

In this game , SIZE DOES MATTER  :rolleyes_anim:

Well , not the best of games , it's boring and takes forever ... but with using the UP arrow all the time to slow down and trying to keep the snowball >80% in the first two rounds , then going for the items in the 3rd round ... it's doable ... playing on an old slow computer helps as well ...

It is easy, I beat AAA in my first try. But I'll try that for the avatar... I'm awful at this game... The best I can get is like 50% per round... 80%... I wish...

I was able to get 3000+ before I realized that I had already sent my score 3 times before challenging him :( I never felt so deflated, since I hate this game so much. Back to trying again, I guess..

When the snowball gets really big, I just mash the space bar, and with some luck you can get the items and still be safe!

I managed to get a score of 180 on my second try, so it's good I was challenging Abby.  I didn't mind this game too much, but I also wasn't going for the AAA score which I don't think I would have been able to beat.  My strategy was to forget the right and left arrows and just hit the space bar alot   :shiftyeyes_anim:

I managed to beat AAA's score, since I'm actually good at this game (compared to the others I'm awful at... 'scuse me while I cry in the corner.) 

But the one thing I do not like is staring at the computer screen watching a snowball rolling for so long, because the computer screen starts wavering and I have to step away from my comp since I get a really bad headache. That was the bad part. =(

Snow Roller! This game cracks me up! Bad, I know, since Neopians are getting run over by a giant snowball, but it's the screams and other sounds that make me laugh! Also, if you listen to the game music, you may notice it is the same as Ultimate Bullseye II, but just a little faster.

Ok. On a more serious note, tips and tricks. If you can, play it on a "technically challenged" device. I play Snow Roller on a netbook with a 1 Gb processor and 1Gb of RAM. As it doesn't have much speed or RAM, the game is slower, compared to a faster computer. As it is slower, there is more time to react. Downside is, the game takes longer to complete, and there is a chance that Flash will lock your browser up. On a faster computer, the game can go fast! Crazy fast! Just try to get as many items as you can, and get/keep your snowball as big as you can.

On any device, on the first part of each level, try to get as many items as you can and dodge (jump over) the obstacles. (Ok. Common game play, I know). It is ok to move left and right, to get items, but, move a little. Don't try moving drastically. Once your snowball is around 75% ish, it will take up most of the mountain side. At that point, don't try to move it left or right, as it will "get" most items. Just concentrate on jumping obstacles. On the second part of the level, if your snowball is already 100%, it will take up most of the path. Again, just concentrate on jumping over obstacles and not moving left or right, and, too, the items will most likely run into your snowball. Strange enough, I have to concentrate on not jumping over the items. Sometimes, the items come up fast and my reflexes kick in - I think it is an obstacle and press the space bar. So, I have to concentrate on mentally noting I see a red arrow and not jumping.

Good luck!