Finally Got a Map!

Guest VioletFlare

Guest VioletFlare

It's been a while since I've posted on the forums, but during that time of abscence, I finally got access to the Secret Laboratory and the Petpet Laboratory! :laughingsmiley:

I think I've decided to maybe pick one pet from the Pound to adopt, zap them into something that'll give them a better chance of adoption, then put them back in the Pound and hope for the best!

I've already done it to Taneso (got some decent stat changes and got turned into a Maractite Kau), and now I have a new subject pet, Chawnzey. (Although he's pretty cute already, but why not?)

So, yeah, that's what I'm doing with the Lab now that I have access to it. Pretty neat (and kind, maybe from the pets' point of view), right? :)

(I also apologize if this is in the wrong category or thread, still have trouble with that... Feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.)

Yeah, zapping pound pets is always a nice thing to do, and there's never going to be any shortage of candidates! Have fun enjoying the fun pets that you create. :D

It sounds like you were able to save NP for and get the Laboratory pieces! Congrats! It is still something I need to do and it does sound like fun. I believe there is a "dailies" thread for posting your Laboratory zaps. Looking forward to see what you (may) post! Keep having fun!

Guest VioletFlare

I've been inspired by this and made an offer on a map in the trading post. :D

Glad I was able to give you inspiration! ;) Hope you get that map!

Glad I was able to give you inspiration! ;) Hope you get that map!

I got it :D I've adopted a green gelert girlie. First zap didn't do anything, but I'm excited to see what fun changes happen.

I nearly started training her as I've got a surfit of dubloons from anchor management, but then I luckily  remembered the nasty "back to level 1" habit that the lab has, so I changed my mind about that!

i also want to do this but i have no available slots ... esp that i now have a 3rd lab map ..

I'll admit that I'd not have considered it if I had a full quota of pets, but as I only have 2 (plus one of Tracy's visiting for a while, for the avatar) I have room. Bit too much of a fuss to create another account just for pound zapping? I know it would be for me.

• 1 month later...

Yay!! Congrats!1 I also finally, finally finally got all the lab pieces and found my way to the Ray  :laughingsmiley: I had all the pieces except the elusive 1st piece and I saw that the price had dropped to 650K on the trading post so I traded for the final piece.  I also gained access to the petpet lab, though I've had all the pieces for that ages ago but couldn't use it!  My first zaps resulted in the following: Hee hee hee!

The ray is fired at Boregy...

lab_lightning.gifgrundo_white_sad.gif

... and he gains 2 defence points!!!!

AND: The Kookith begins wildly pushing buttons on the console, which looks to be made of cardboard and... Achyfi cans?! This can't be right! You begin formulating a plan to rescue your Petpet and run far, far away, but it's too late. The ray has already been fired... 

babaa_elderly.gif 

Whoa... did it actually work? Sure looks like it. Your Petpet has been transformed. Imagine that. 

You should come back tomorrow and try again!

This is what I want to be doing!!  I'm two map pieces short on both the secret lab map and the petpet lab map.  If neopets was working right now...

And in terms of setting up another account just for pound zapping, I've done it for avatars, why not for pound zapping?  I just shuffle pets around between my main and side accounts, and most of the pets in the side accounts were pound adoptees anyway, so I'm quite happy to zap them, pound them, and adopt a new pounded pet.  Well, quite happy is stretching it a bit.  I actually loathe pounding pets, which is why I've ended up with three side accounts, rather than just re-pounding and trying to find the species I want for avatars.  I can't bear to give them up!