Key to the Secret Door

Pikky126

So about a month ago I was browsing the trading post when I saw somebody had opened a lot with nothing but a "Key to the Secret Door" Now for some reason I was drawn to buying this (For the full 20,000 Neopoints) and so I got it. I still have no idea what it is, where it came from, or what it does. I assume it was probably a bad idea to blindly buy this item, but I felt like it for some reason. 

Does anyone have any idea what this thing is?

Thanks

~Pikky

EDIT: 

Providing additional info

NsMVQDY.png

Weird, I couldn't find anything saying what its purpose is... o.o

Weird, I couldn't find anything saying what its purpose is... o.o

No clue but wouldnt it be exciting if there was a new world or board behind some hidden door! I just got nostalgic for jellyworld, just a myth.... it doesnt exist

So what you're saying is... WE HAVE A MYSTERY?!

Most likely it's just another useless gift item. I wouldn't hold my breath on it to actually do something.

I dunno if this helps, but I found the item on New Features: http://www.neopets.com/nf.phtml?nf_date=2015-05-11

From what I can tell, it doesn't really have a purpose. :s

its just one of those useless gift shop items, but its probably one of my new favorite items. I love the mystery behind it. 

Obviously it opens the mysterious (but totally not-secret) door in Neoquest that no one has ever been able to open...

(Probably not, but it would be awesome if it actually did!)

I've found it! I've found the key to the garden! But now... where's the door? (from The Secret Garden musical... how she knew it was the correct key to get into the garden when she'd never even seen the door, I have no idea...)

Oh it might be a Neoquest thing? Shoot. I don't play that. So here, I could let one of you borrow it and try it out?

It's unlikely, because Neoquest has its own separate inventory and doesn't have anything to do with your actual inventory. And it's really, really old -- I doubt JS would try to "fix" it by changing things up -- especially by trying to tie it into the inventory system! There are very few things not broken (to some extent or another) on the site, and they're probably leaving them well alone.

It's unlikely, because Neoquest has its own separate inventory and doesn't have anything to do with your actual inventory. And it's really, really old -- I doubt JS would try to "fix" it by changing things up -- especially by trying to tie it into the inventory system! There are very few things not broken (to some extent or another) on the site, and they're probably leaving them well alone.

Okay that makes sense, good point.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Songbirdsara) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Also, that mystery has technically been solved. Someone asked Snarkie to ask Mr Insane about the door. Since neither of them are staff any more, he gave a legit answer.

But yes, the key to the Secret Door is 100% a Gift item with no actual purpose or use. It's just amusing.

Also, that mystery has technically been solved. Someone asked Snarkie to ask Mr Insane about the door. Since neither of them are staff any more, he gave a legit answer.

But yes, the key to the Secret Door is 100% a Gift item with no actual purpose or use. It's just amusing.

So I legitimately spent 20,000 Neopoints on a useless item? *sigh* Well at least now I know. Thank you for the answer!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic is now answered and will be closed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.