Salutations

There is a section for newbies, and I am a newbie. Hence I am here. Salutations.

My neomail is always open and I love adding new friends. I would also like our pets to get to know each other better, if you like.

Thank you! :3

I tried to veer away from some other sites that seemed to have a bit of drama, but these forums seems quite excellent. ^_^

Welcome to the forums Sakura. Your pets look awesome with their customizations! Yeah, these forums are pretty even-keeled. Not a lot of drama, which of course speaks to how cool our members are, and how outstanding the forum moderators are. LOL

I'm curious, what does your siggy translate to? I recognize some of the characters, but I'm having trouble remembering them, I think I see "pokemon" a couple of times, is that correct? But most of it I can't string together. :( I haven't studied Japanese in a LONG time. lol And I wasn't very good at remembering all the characters.. ^_^; All Hiragana, right? I don't think I see any Katakana in there. Or am I wrong?

lol Oh well, it's fun TRYING to remember anyway. ;) I hope you have a great time here at TDN Forums. If you have any questions, everyone here is pretty good about offering great advice. Staff and members alike. :) Quality always counts. :)

Hi there! Welcome to TDN. My neomail is always open as well. I am also trying to get the neomail avatar so if you want it feel free to neomail me. :)

Hi and welcome! I just got rookie status, but still pretty new. I agree about not liking to go on boards that have too much drama. As has been said, the people on here are all really nice and it is an easy going board, I always appreciated that when I would just go on here to read posts and get advice and I finally decided to actually start posting. Enjoy your day/night  :)

Yayz, friends! You can mail me, too, Twilight! Even if it is just to say hi!

And, yeah, Aquamentis, it's mostly hiragana, with bits of Katakana. It's directly from my game. I only know some but this is how I'd approximately translate:

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. Such are the distasteful thoughts of selfish people...If a Trainer is really strong, they should work hard to win with their favourite Pokémon."

I think it is slightly different in English, but not much. ^_^

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! :D

Thank you! Your Xweetox is stunning! >_< Such lovely colour tones!

Thank you. I'm glad you like FaerieDancer's customization. I used many items that I got within the last couple years. How do you customize your userpage? I have been wanting to try customizing my userpage but don't know where to start. :S Does Karin actually say that in the japanese version of pokemon gold/silver/crystal as well? If I remember correctly she says this in english: "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Thank you. I'm glad you like FaerieDancer's customization. I used many items that I got within the last couple years. How do you customize your userpage? I have been wanting to try customizing my userpage but don't know where to start. :S Does Karin actually say that in the japanese version of pokemon gold/silver/crystal as well? If I remember correctly she says this in english: "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Haha, actually, my userpage is premade for the most part. It's from sunnyneo (there's a little watermark there, lol), but other sites have nice free premade codes that you can copy and paste as well. Some users also have their own coding that they make for people, like the ones I use for my petpages, but be sure to give credit where credit is due. Neopets itself also has a html guide for inserting pictures, if you like! :3

And yes, she says that in my Japanese Gold on the Game Boy Color. I assume it's the same in Heartgold as well.

Yayz, friends! You can mail me, too, Twilight! Even if it is just to say hi!

And, yeah, Aquamentis, it's mostly hiragana, with bits of Katakana. It's directly from my game. I only know some but this is how I'd approximately translate:

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. Such are the distasteful thoughts of selfish people...If a Trainer is really strong, they should work hard to win with their favourite Pokémon."

I think it is slightly different in English, but not much. ^_^

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! :D

Ah I see. Thank you for the translation! The last line, about  "If a Trainer is really strong, they should work hard to win with their favourite Pokémon" is how I feel about my peophin. He's trained long and hard and could finally hold his own in the last battle/war-plot that was on Neopets. Of course he's about twice or more as strong as he was then. ;) But we've been through a lot from the very beginning. And MANY many battles. lol If you battle and are on a budget for weapons or upgrading equipment, we've got a number of experienced battlers, in-staff and members that can help. Budget battling was always a specialty of mine. :)

Yeah, I only about half-recall the hiragana and katakana alphabets, but I'm glad I could at least recognize the word "pokemon" in there. lol It debuted in the USA about a week before my Junior year of High School, which was the year I took Japanese for my foreign language class requirement. Unfortunately it was oddly timed and cut into my art class time. lol But anyway, it's hard to believe Pokemon is still as popular as it is! Both the anime and the games.

Have a good one. :)

Haha, actually, my userpage is premade for the most part. It's from sunnyneo (there's a little watermark there, lol), but other sites have nice free premade codes that you can copy and paste as well. Some users also have their own coding that they make for people, like the ones I use for my petpages, but be sure to give credit where credit is due. Neopets itself also has a html guide for inserting pictures, if you like! :3

And yes, she says that in my Japanese Gold on the Game Boy Color. I assume it's the same in Heartgold as well.

Okay I'll go check out the codes and stuff on sunnyneo to see if there is something I would like to use for my userpage. I always give credit to those who create something because I want them to get the recognition for their hard work that they deserve.

I haven't played HG/SS yet so I don't know if it is the same message as the gold/silver version.

Okay, thanks Aqua, you too! :3 Budget battles sound fun!

My mother never let me take Japanese, so the little I know is from friends.

And best of luck with your lookup, Panthers! Message me if you need anything, and hopefully I can help. :P

You're welcome Sakura!
They can make battling a bit more interesting. ;) Doing more with less. Of course training your pet is important too. ;) But yeah, with the right equipment for the opponent(s) and a bit of luck it's possible to battle and win, while being somewhat underpowered and without breaking the bank. Won't the bank manager skeith be happy! lol ;)

Have fun exploring the forums! :D