Daily Dare

WhiteWolf

It's March 21st, and I haven't heard one word about this year's Daily Dare. Is it even going to happen, or has AAA just given up? Has anyone heard anything

I had a feeling it wasn't going to show up. If it doesn't happen, it will give the staff time to come up with something truly diabolical for the Games Master Challenge in November.

It may happen just later in the year. They may be focusing more on the Negg stuff they usually do.

Personally, I'm against them doing events while things are still in flux like they are. I have been from the beginning. The site has been relatively stable uptime wise. It would just go to pieces if we introduced another event.

Unlikely.
If I were them I wouldn't even consider it. With all their troubles, it would cause more chaos for them, and us. I can only imagine the lag from the high traffic due to the events, not to mention they need to take time away from fixing the bugs and updates to even create it, maintain and not mess it up. It's quite sad really, I loved the daily dares,

Although I really am in the camp that would rather them focus on fixing things (I miss my keyquest!!!) instead of extra things, I would be so sad to miss Daily Dare this year. It's my favorite, so I'm hoping they're able to pull it out.

Unlikely.

If I were them I wouldn't even consider it. With all their troubles, it would cause more chaos for them, and us. I can only imagine the lag from the high traffic due to the events, not to mention they need to take time away from fixing the bugs and updates to even create it, maintain and not mess it up. It's quite sad really, I loved the daily dares,

I totally agree with you. The Daily Dare would mess up the updates, fixing bugs, and whatever else. By the way, I love the CM Punk avatar! :)

Although I really am in the camp that would rather them focus on fixing things (I miss my keyquest!!!) instead of extra things, I would be so sad to miss Daily Dare this year. It's my favorite, so I'm hoping they're able to pull it out.

The Daily Dare is my favorite as well! I'd hate to miss it!

It may happen just later in the year. They may be focusing more on the Negg stuff they usually do.

Personally, I'm against them doing events while things are still in flux like they are. I have been from the beginning. The site has been relatively stable uptime wise. It would just go to pieces if we introduced another event.

You are probably right about this :sad02:

Unlikely.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens

Oh my word the daily dare would be a COMPLETE disaster if they tried it now! Although I have noticed in the past few days that the lag has gotten a bit faster. However, it's still messing up my gaming 0.0 :((

Speaking of Daily Dare and other annual events, I usually wait to get prizes until prices stabilize, near the time for the next competition. Does anyone have any links to any outstanding prize shops for annual and one-time events? I should probably go spend all my prize points for all the things, if they're even still around. I know I still have some unspent for several different plots, etc. I didn't even think to do that pre-transition, and I suspect JS could take those down at any point (if they haven't already).

(Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but if we do have a DD, I'm sure I'm not the only one who waits to spend prize points that might poof any day...)