Any Photographers?

cosmic_autumn

Photography is one of my hobbies. I only have a cheap digital camera that takes amazing pictures. Eventually I would like to get a Canon or Nikon DSLR camera and go to school for photography.

Besides photographing my girls and our pup, I like to capture nature scenes.

That's cool! And how I started out too! I had a cheap digital camera in high school, went to college to get a degree in Psychology, got my first DSLR Canon in college, and then got so hooked on it that I started my own portraiture business after graduation! I also now work for the college I studied at doing sports photography, and working with the marching band I marched in too. Hah! It's so funny how things turn out :)

Wow, it's lovely to see that you've managed to make a career out of it! Is that something you actively sought to achieve, or did it just happen?

My nice DSLR broke at the end of my photography A level so I've been out of practice for a couple of years, but I've just bought a basic Nikon D3300 to play around with - so far it's very different from my previous choice of Canon, but I wouldn't go back!
Do you have a preference of Canon/Nikon/Other brand?

I study Audiovisual Production, so I should be good at photography, but I'm not. At least not yet. :P

I don't have my own camera, so I don't get to practice enough. The books and the degree alone won't make me a photographer, of course. I'm currently saving up for a Canon EOS 60D, because that's what I use in college and I like it.

My favourite things to photograph are animals, bugs and flowers. And I'm kind of obsessed with macro, even though it can be quite difficult (well, for me, at least).

Hi. I use a Canon Rebel T3, I bought it quite a while back. Its really just for fun. An impulse buy. Just decided I wanted a good camera one day to play with. I'm not a professiona or even consider myself a photographer. Its purely just for my entertainment. i just mess around. I dont even think im that good or anything. But I enjoy it regardless. I honestly have not used my camera for a long while. My phone has been so much more convenient. I haven't done much lately. I like doing nature shots and also taking photos of others and of my cat. He passed just this last year and I've been busy with school so right now its just collecting dust.

Here are some of my photos. I guess theyre just rubbish shots, but these are some of my favorites anyways. And I guess when it comes down to it- thats all that matters. Just that they mean something to me.

When I hiked the Grand Canyon. I was really excited about my shoes (which I swear by lol)

GrandCanyonTrip32013515_zps4a6d73f4.jpg

This is from tom sawyers Island at Disneyland. I really love shots with light dancing on water. They're my favorite. I was messing with a 50mm lens. 250_zpscc5cc402.jpg

Beach bonfire. Just looked cool

2032.jpg

Same bonfire: This pic- idk it makes me smile a lot. I know i suck at getting everything in the frame, it was just a spur of the moment shot- kinda awkward angle. was laying down in the sand. Everyone looks so happy. It sorta makes me happy to look at it. I also like the glow from the fire on their faces against the dark night.

2422.jpg

This one I am for sure going to retake one day. It was hard to take a good photo because I was on a boat and it was hard to steady the lens when its using the natural lighting. I would like to not only get a more steady pic , but one thats better framed? I guess. but regardless i like it a lot. The way the light dances on the water :) This is Disneyworld BTW

.1132.jpg

This was on the way to Arizona on old route 66.

GrandCanyonTrip32013069_zpscea3058a.jpg

I like taking pictures of dogs and cats because they're such good subjects. and they always look SO pretty on camera. Once I get my new puppies I'll use my camera a lot more :D

ScreenShot2015-02-08at73202PM_zps772e935

oh and i wanted to add this.. just cause of the weird level and angle. I wish I couldve figured out how to make this photo better. I think it woulve only been possible with a different lens.

but stil its cool. Two different levels going down into the grand canyon.

GrandCanyonTrip32013221_zps41a94a4b.jpg

then theres this- which i took with my phone... go figure:) I think its in New Mexico or something.

IMG_2798_zpsc747d6a5.jpg

The end.

Wow, it's lovely to see that you've managed to make a career out of it! Is that something you actively sought to achieve, or did it just happen?

My nice DSLR broke at the end of my photography A level so I've been out of practice for a couple of years, but I've just bought a basic Nikon D3300 to play around with - so far it's very different from my previous choice of Canon, but I wouldn't go back!

Do you have a preference of Canon/Nikon/Other brand?

Oh my gosh Rest in Peace camera :( I'm glad to hear you like your new camera though :) honestly. it just happened. I got a photography internship somewhat by accident (LOL!) while I was graduating and looking at psychology grad school programs, and I kept shooting and kept working and now I'm looking at making my brand an LLC because I've been getting so much business! I had NO IDEA this was going to happen I always thought I'd be a counselor or therapist at this age! I'm 100% Canon too. I started out with a T2i, and now I shoot on a 5D mark III the camera my boss used at my internship :)

I have a Nikon D3100. I love taking pictures of birds. I go out at least one day a week. I just got a really amazing pic of a Snowy Owl. :-)

OMG!!! I also photograph birds too! Snowy Owl wow.

And by photograph birds, I mean, I photograph my two pet birds :) I love them and they make great models!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button to add in additional comments if you are the most recent poster.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm an intern for a local portrait photographer right now. I use a Nikon D5100 and I just love it! Before that, I used a Sony A390 and although they aren't a major DSLR maker, it was a pretty good camera. I also have my grandfather's old Canon film camera that I use occasionally. I mostly shoot actor headshots and individual portraits. I thought about getting into wedding photography but that is so much more work and I don't think I'm ready for that at this point. I also very much enjoy nature/landscape/travel photography. I'll see if I can dig up some good ones to share.

My best advice for those who want to get into photography is to find as many local photographers as you can and just ask them if you can follow them around. Most are eager to share their knowledge and would probably be more than willing to take you on. Also, make sure you have your own style. Something that makes your photos different from anyone else's. That's what makes people hire you.