The Lag: Venting Board

deboratibi

I was restocking at the Post Office and spotted a rare stamp... I clicked on it very quickly and managed to get to the haggling page (with the lag this doesn't happen as often as I'd like). I put in the price in a fraction of a second... I just needed to click on the pet image, and the stamp would be mine... But where was it? Aaargh! It loaded 15 seconds later. Of course the stamp was gone by then. It was worth almost a mil.

:grrr:

So... What did the lag do to you today?

What was the stamp? :sad01_anim:

I don't have the patience for restocking, so all I can say is somehow get a faster internet provider or keep trying your luck. Lag hasn't been an issue for my main activity on Neopets - jobs. I can get well-paying jobs consistently. Since my activities are lower-risk, lower-reward, my Neopets experience has been pretty tame. With daily interest, I actually can make the 15k needed for stocks every day without TOO much work. And I haven't failed a job yet, too!

Though, I hope that I didn't just jinx myself!

...But what if that last sentence was the jinx! :nerd:

Best of luck, everyone. Neopets is just a children's video game, but a very important one at that. :laughingsmiley:

It was the Gold Mote Stamp :\

I think my internet connection is okay... Everything loads pretty quickly for me, except Neopets (lately). I'm still making a profit from RSing, but I have been missing a lot of UBs *cries*

(I don't think you jinxed yourself, lol. Good luck!)

I don't think I've lost out on anything particularly valuable because of the lag, I just find it annoying. Particularly at the money tree. I see the thing, I click on the thing... and then, eventually, the page loads and I've missed out on whatever the thing was. But, because it's the money tree, I'm not expecting anything that wonderful to be there, but it's still annoying. Recently someone was getting rid of a whole bunch of plushies (multiples of each item and there were many, many items over many minutes) and they were all things I didn't have, and you would have thought, with all these multiples, that I would have stood some kind of chance of snagging one, even. No. Not even one. I was so frustrated!

What I don't get is, if it's laggy for me and for you, who are these lucky people that it isn't laggy for that are getting in before us in the click-'em stakes? And how can I become one of them? LOL

Ouch, that should've been frustrating..I sometimes consider trying restocking, but with the lag I don't think I'd have the patience.

As for what the lag is doing to me, I'm taking a break from NeoQuest II. It's a slow enough game without any lag, now it's getting unbearable!

True! I haven't played NQII in a while... and now's definitely not the time to get back in to it, lol

What I don't get is, if it's laggy for me and for you, who are these lucky people that it isn't laggy for that are getting in before us in the click-'em stakes? And how can I become one of them? LOL

I ALWAYS WONDER THE SAME THING! haha

Perhaps it really is because of different connections? I mean, my connection is good, but if some people have ultra-mega-lightning-speed connections, they'll have at least a few seconds of advantage? I don't know. I don't really understand this stuff :mellow:

Hm, today is overwhelmingly slow. It has been manageable for about a week now, so I decided that today would be the day I'd start restocking. Pft- forget it. Takes 15 sec. 30 sec. for anything to load. Even SSW. :thumbsdown:

Have a great day everyone. Despite lag

Eurgh now it's down completely for me! I know that TNT are aware that the lag is causing so many issues but I really do hope they're onto something to fix it. I pay premium and I don't feel like I'm getting my monies worth at the moment.

It's not loading to me today!! I was clicking my shop till and didn't load so i closed neopets and tried to open it again, and now it won't open :(

It's been down for 31 minutes apparently according to 'Is It Down Right Now'.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/neopets.com.html

When I got up it was running really well. Such a shame that it's such an unreliable site! I wanted to practice some games today.

Still down, for about two hours now.

As to the lag issues mentioned above... well, you know how bad things are when you manage to snatch a 55k stamp despite the page taking over a minute to load.

So I suspect the answer to "who is not lagging and thus grabbing those items" is "no one. Everyone is lagging like heck, just some people manage to get through a second faster than others".

Missed out on a fair few good items as well due to lag, though. -cough- Missed out on most good items due to lag, just managed to snatch one fairly nice stamp (the one mentioned above) and a handful in the 5-20k range. Still not exactly bad, but the lag cost me more than one UB, so... XD

The lag always hits me right in the middle of updating a pet page. This is the third time in a row I was a hit with a "this page cannot be displayed" when I go to preview changes. :arrowhead: At least I can save the coding and paste in in later.

The lag likes to hit me when I'm doing my daily rounds and trying to do interest. Which just means i don't find out about an item until I manage to open my inventory which somehow loads better than my dailies. And then it's a struggle to get my interest and everything else.

Guest JussttBre

The lag likes to hit me when I'm doing my daily rounds and trying to do interest. Which just means i don't find out about an item until I manage to open my inventory which somehow loads better than my dailies. And then it's a struggle to get my interest and everything else.

Oh my goodness, I'm in that same boat. The dailies are killing me; So so slow and so much to load. Once my dailies are done it's a little "easier" to deal with but trying to get those done are nearly painful.

Some of the dailies tend to load relatively fast for me, but yes, the majority has worse-than-average lag.

That's why I simply open several of my dailies in tabs (usually four-five at a time) and go do something else online until they've loaded, then rinse-and-repeat with the next bunch etc. until I'm done.

Oh my goodness, I'm in that same boat. The dailies are killing me; So so slow and so much to load. Once my dailies are done it's a little "easier" to deal with but trying to get those done are nearly painful.

The worst is the Fruit Machine because apparently it only rolls when you're on the page (at least for me) which means I have to sit on that page and wait.

I tried to RS for the first time in a VERY long time the other day. In the course of 24 hours, Wednesday night to Thursday night) I saw, and missed, a Full Kyrii Armour, a Full Tonu Armour, and an Amulet of Chaos. Lag was at least a factor in missing them. lol I can't say for sure if I could've gotten them quickly enough without the lag. It WAS though, super cool just SEEING some r99s IN an NPC shop! ;)

I wasn't sitting at the computer all that time either. Just a couple of times I happened to sit down and check (for uncounted minutes) lol