Just lost 500k Np in less than 20 minutes

Debtcollector

Charity Corner event 12/24/2014. Thought it would be a good idea to merchant today right when the items are stabalizing like 12:00am nst, but I guess the demand is very low now? Maybe most everyone already completed their minimum of 8/17 adoptions? Maybe because the items are trash decorations and not toys? Not so sure as the items previously were pretty trashy too. Prices dropped dramatically within the first 20-30 mins, I should have sold when I saw it started dropping atleast 25% of my money I could have got back. Oh well, lesson learned. Don't merchant early, wait for the prices to stabalize... What a big risk I took lol. Come share how much you lost, if you took a chance today :P Well if anyone is feeling generous this Christmas... hint hint... XD

Well it's all about supply and demand that fluctuate the prices of these Charity corner items, the reason people "ask enormous amounts for useless crap" is because they are trying to make a profit...

Well, then let's just say I cannot feel sorry for you.

Though yeah, it is totally up to everyone to either sell and make extreme profits out of junk, but I still don't like the idea :-P

the reason people "ask enormous amounts for useless crap" is because they are trying to make a profit...

When the profit comes from artificially inflating junk so no one can have a chance at an exclusive item or avatar, I am gonna have to agree with everything AllTimeMarr has said. It's the risk you took and you have to live with that. I had copies of at least one of everything in my SDB today, probably sell off my extras cheaply. I'm up to 6 adopted neopians.

on this topic does anyone have a reasonable price for a Scary Ink Frame? thank you![/size]

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please stay on-topic. There is a thread for buying items for the charity corner here.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I've lost about 101K, but I have a bunch of things for backup. I personally don't like inflating and selling things, so I try to donate extras I have to people in need. I've made the loss up in stocks and wheels, so eh.

I'm not a very good capitalist.

Yeah, I most likely made a total of around 2mill-3millnp profit during this event so far, so I'm fairly pleased with reselling.

I say good because I saw you try to extremely upsell a few times ;)

Hey, us poor neopians got to make money some how! =/ Seeing how keyquest is down as well as habitarium making easy money is hard when you don't got alot of np to start off...

I rejoined neopets just a month ago and because of this event my bank account is hurting :( pretty much lost 100k in a day! ugh, as soon as I finish the 8 days (one more tag and i'm out) I'll try to sell things to gain what i lost.