Ian

• 2 weeks later...

I'm mad about avatars. There was a time I stopped playing neopets but keep checking the news to see when a new avatar would come out. Currently I have 209 avatars. :D STill a long way for someone who wants to go to the High Scores Boards.

• 2 weeks later...
oh, I have around 104. I'm not the type of person who plays a game a million times until they get a good score for an avatar.

Oh I am! I pick two avie games at a time and play them til I get the avies. Thats how I got the Gadgagsgame and Faerie Bubbles ones. I'm currently working on the Deckswabber and Destruct-O-Match II ones. Cellblock too actually but as no-one really knows the trick to getting that one its just luck at present ^_^

I wish I had the time to play a lot of games- I never got a high score, even on my old 4 year old account, before it was frozen. I like getting different avvies, though.

Edmunda, try AvatarLog (avatar.starried.net) for in-depth avie guides.

And Radiance, I thought about trying for Typing Terror, but my mum, whose a super typist, couldn't even get close so I don't think I'll have a chance (I'm not very good at typing, I have to watch the keys still). I got the Snowmucher one though.

I'm not great at most games, but I've got the Typing Terror avvie. ^_^ It's more luck than skill, really. You could rip off legions of yellow Grundos, and stumble through a few sparking ones, and get a better score with the sparking ones. -_-

There are several theories to why some people can't get the avie anymore. One is as you said - that its a yearly one. Another is that you can only get it at certain times of the day. Yet another is that TNT got imaginative and put a system in where only a certain number of people can get an avie from each Darigan Petri. I believe something was also said about how maybe the Meepits ran off with it...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...