Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

It's not always accurate, however, as it has a tendency to recognize extremely severe lag as the site being down from time to time, and every now and then proclaims a site to be up when absolutely no one seems to be able to access it.

Still, it's one of the better sites around for this purpose. Another one is http://isup.me, but that one shows a lot less information than isitdownrightnow.

Eh, I think it's more correct than the other one.

With severe lag, sometimes the site is down for people.

With severe lag, I don't get the 'this webpage is not availablething'

Right now it's not even loading, and yet it's saying it's up.

Eh, I think it's more correct than the other one.

With severe lag, sometimes the site is down for people.

With severe lag, I don't get the 'this webpage is not availablething'

Right now it's not even loading, and yet it's saying it's up.

I had it tell me the site was down several times yesterday when with some difficulty I could navigate through. (Mind, the site also actually was down twice, but still...) Not the first time it does that, either. The other way around has also happened repeatedly to me--site being down for everyone but isitdownrightnow detecting it as being up--though not recently.

Oh well, it's adequate enough, I suppose, just not perfect. (Not that any site ever is, anyway)

I had it tell me the site was down several times yesterday when with some difficulty I could navigate through. (Mind, the site also actually was down twice, but still...) Not the first time it does that, either. The other way around has also happened repeatedly to me--site being down for everyone but isitdownrightnow detecting it as being up--though not recently.

Oh well, it's adequate enough, I suppose, just not perfect. (Not that any site ever is, anyway)

It's rather annoying when websites like those report the site as being up. And you're sitting starting at the down page, thinking "I'm pretty sure it's not working..."

It's rather annoying when websites like those report the site as being up. And you're sitting starting at the down page, thinking "I'm pretty sure it's not working..."

Indeed. At least it helps when its a site like neopets that has several off-site forums about it, makes it easier to double-check if it isn't just you after all. Though with how things are going with neopets these days, there really is no reason to double-check. If you assume the issue is on their side, you're likely to be right at least 99% of the time ><

• 2 weeks later...

Can't get to the site at all right now. It comes up as a "this page cannot be displayed" screen. And I was right in the middle of updating my art page, ah well :p I'll give it an hour or so

The entire site is being laggy. It's taking several minutes for a page to load. It was fine early this morning so hopefully the lag eases up. 5 minutes for a page load is painful to watch.

Thanks for posting Lady Lyuba , teeniem55, Shelley and Mouseykins!

I have been trying to get back on Neopets for the past hour and a half. I have been checking

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com

and

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com

and both sites have been saying that Neopets is down.

The lag for the past few weeks has been terrible making the game pieces/ icons move in very slow motion. :laughingsmiley:

[Edited to fix font and format and completely failing at it :laughingsmiley: ]

Update 12:59 pm NST December 30, 2014

I checked the down for everyone or just me site again:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com

It's not just you! http://www.neopets.com looks down from here.

:sad01_anim:

Anyone else figure it might have something to do with it being half-price day and thus a fair few more users logging in than other days?

It's been near-impossible to check with the broken "online users"-counter, but it's starting to look more and more like the lag-spikes and downtimes are in good part caused by increased traffic. During the charity corner event, there were a LOT of lag-spikes and some downtimes all across the board as to say, but most of them seemed to be around midnight NST, early morning in the USA and late afternoon/early evening USA--times that it's likely the servers were experiencing increased traffic AND heavy server load due to the huge amounts of people refreshing a lot and loading pages a lot to grab those toys.

In which case I cannot help but wonder if Neopets either moved to smaller servers, has one of their servers misconfigured or has one server not (yet) actually online.

Yeah, the servers can't handle the site at least with large® amounts of traffic. The sheer amount of flash-based content on the site probably doesn't exactly help there either.

Not sure if it's because the servers simply are too small, because they're not working properly, because they're not configured properly (which, at the very least, also seems to be the case as a few of the internal-timing related issues still persist and when you have two different Neopets tabs open at the same time which have both been opened at the same time, you see a discrepancy in the time shown in the topbar within a minute or two tops, varying from "a few seconds" to "nearly a minute". Sometimes two tabs even give slightly different times from the moment they were opened...)

Officially, I believe that all Neopets' staff is out until the 5th, but I suspect that there are a handful of folks from either TNT or Jumpstart around anyway.

Apparently staff from the TNT Support Team and a few other teams are still working so there should be people around looking at the issue. Let's hope the site is fixed soon. I was able to get on this morning, but now I can't even access the homepage. :(

EDIT: According to http://www.isitdownrightnow.com

Neopets has been down for everyone for approximately 2 1/2 hours so far.

-nod- Happy to hear that a few folks should indeed be around.

Glad I got in my dailies before my newspaper round, but I certainly do hope the site will be back up soon.

(Hey, who wants to bet that within a few minutes of the site coming back up, enough impatient people finally log on that it goes down again for a few minutes? ><)