Dermatology?

Naamah D.

For about two or three years now maybe less than that I have had a rash that won't go away. I've been told to stop using perfumed lotions and body washes, but even unscented products don't help.

The rash is mainly on my upper arms, but it looks even worse on my forearms, This is the rash on my upper arm:

10616498_779331692123248_485933828358594

On some parts of my arms it looks really dark. I've gotten asked if I got into something I'm allergic to or if I have sunburn, but I would think that it would be impossible to have permanent sunburn or a permanent allergic reaction.

I really apologize if this is gross. I really don't know what to do about it. It's so ugly and I'm worried that I did permanent damage to my skin. Does anyone know any remedies for all of the dots on my skin?

You should really go see a dermatologist. But I don't think it's anything to worry about. I know someone who has almost the same looking thing on her upper arms and I forgot what her doctor said it was (in other words it was nothing concerning). Is it itchy or painful? If it is then definitely consult your doctor. I had this really horrid rash on my legs for six months a year or so ago and nothing I tried to help it worked. It was like my legs were covered in big blotchy hives that were painful. Turns out it was a result of an intestinal disorder. So look to see if you're having any other health issues, even if you think they're not related. Even things like food allergies can manifest outside of your body though a rash-like reaction. And stress too! (lol sorry if I'm not much help)

You should really go see a dermatologist. But I don't think it's anything to worry about. I know someone who has almost the same looking thing on her upper arms and I forgot what her doctor said it was (in other words it was nothing concerning). Is it itchy or painful? If it is then definitely consult your doctor. I had this really horrid rash on my legs for six months a year or so ago and nothing I tried to help it worked. It was like my legs were covered in big blotchy hives that were painful. Turns out it was a result of an intestinal disorder. So look to see if you're having any other health issues, even if you think they're not related. Even things like food allergies can manifest outside of your body though a rash-like reaction. And stress too! (lol sorry if I'm not much help)

The only skin issues I've ever had are scarlet fever when I was a little kid and slight acne and blackheads on my face. I'm also allergic to poison ivy, but I haven't come into contact with it as of late.

Your rash is it itchy, dry and burn when you put any kind of perfumed lotion on? If so I'd say it's a good chance it's eczema.

I have eczema on my hands and it starts out like your rash. My hands are now darker toned then the rest of my arms because of this. looks kind of odd too. My hands get so bad they will crack and bleed and it's painful. After years of searching I found a steroid free lotion that works without causing any discomfort. I use Aveeno's Eczema Care and it works wonders.

If this doesn't sound like what you have, I would suggest to go see a doctor and get it diagnosed and hopefully you'll figure out what caused it.

It may sound crazy--but try to treat it with emu oil. It's like a fast-absorbing lotion that works for tons of skin conditions. I'm about to restock some from amazon.com. It's kinda pricey depending on which one you choose but I pretty much swear by it. I've used it to heal piercings and scars.

It looks more like KP to me. Does it itch? KP does not itch, it's just annoying.

If you're into natural cures, try dousing it with coconut oil and maybe try a elimination diet. You may be allergic (or at least sensitive) to some of the foods you're eating. That can cause all types of skin problems, big and small. They also make creams for it, but they are a little pricey.

Definitely check with your doc too though, especially if it's burning or itching.

I don't know how else to say this, except be straight forward about it so I hope it doesn't come off as rude or offensive but as serious concern.

Do not ask a message board of non-doctors about your skin condition. Go see a dermatologist, who is a LICENSED PROFESSIONAL, who can diagnois and treat whatever it is that you have. If you are uninsured, call every dermatologist in the area and let them know. Most doctors have a special price for "cash patients" and will work with you by making a payment plan. You can find the best deal that way.

Especially since everyone is giving you conflicting answers and natural remedies for conditions you may or may not have. Suppose you apply whatever concoctions they say worked for this condition or that condition and it makes what you have worse? You could end up in the ER or something so please, go have it checked out by a medical professional (EMT's do not count FYI).

I don't know how else to say this, except be straight forward about it so I hope it doesn't come off as rude or offensive but as serious concern.

Do not ask a message board of non-doctors about your skin condition. Go see a dermatologist, who is a LICENSED PROFESSIONAL, who can diagnois and treat whatever it is that you have. If you are uninsured, call every dermatologist in the area and let them know. Most doctors have a special price for "cash patients" and will work with you by making a payment plan. You can find the best deal that way.

Especially since everyone is giving you conflicting answers and natural remedies for conditions you may or may not have. Suppose you apply whatever concoctions they say worked for this condition or that condition and it makes what you have worse? You could end up in the ER or something so please, go have it checked out by a medical professional (EMT's do not count FYI).

Hmm.. allergies to coconut oil are considered rare, and I have not heard of any skin conditions in which it would irritate it?

Everyone has their own opinion I suppose.

I wasn't asking for treatment. I was trying to see if anyone had had anything similar and what they do for it. I would always ask my doctor before I do anything. I was born in 1993. Not yesterday.

Anyway thank you all for your ideas. Can someone close this to please?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

Closed by request.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.