Is the Coincidence worth it?

Have any of you ever gotten something good from the Coincidence? Because I've done it every day for the last three weeks and gotten nothing useful. They've all been "A blue shoyru swoops down" or "Is that Corbin and Kell outside?" or other useless ones. I haven't even gotten a negative stat change (not that I'm complaining about that one.) Should I continue doing the daily or am I wasting my time?

I gave up on the Coincidence a long time ago. In my opinion, it isn't worth it. If they start doling out retired avatars again then I will definitely take it back up, but until then I think the cost is significantly greater than the potential reward.

I only do this daily if I have it in my SBD or the item is cheap. Fortunately I haven't gotten any negative stat changes lately, but I haven't gotten anything good either.

I have heard of some people getting petpetpets? They would be a nice profit, but I'm sure it's a rare occurrence.

I'd say about half of the time, it's good and the other half? Er... Nothing. I mean, I haven't gotten anything bad from it yet! I suggest you shouldn't give up on it just yet.

This one time, it gave me 24k and just today, it increased my Neopet's strength! :D

But don't count on it too much. If you get nothing after spending a lot of NP, you will have just wasted them!

Just do what most people do: Reject the quest if it's too expensive. For me (since I'm such Ms. Cheapo), the quest must be below 1k.

Hope this helps!! ^_^

I only ever got nothing or REs that decreased my pet's stats from the Coincidence. Personally, I have a lot better luck with random events playing neggsweeper and various card games. Every once in a while I'll pop back in to the Coincidence, but if the items come to more than 50 NP, I don't bother.

I gave up on the Coincidence a long time ago. In my opinion, it isn't worth it. If they start doling out retired avatars again then I will definitely take it back up, but until then I think the cost is significantly greater than the potential reward.

i thought it still gives the avatar and that it's just a really rare occurrence? is it actually retired?

yes I also gave up on the thing XP although I know a good bunch of people who have gotten p3's. I don't think it's too much to risk seeing as all the items are pretty deflated. I wish you luck it in the future, maybe tomorrow will be your day! :)

the best thing I've gotten are stats increases which are still pretty nice

I have yet to get anything substantial, but I do get the occasional stat increase. As others have said I'd only do them if the items are cheap, but I do think it's worth it unless you find yourself receiving constant negative rewards.

i thought it still gives the avatar and that it's just a really rare occurrence? is it actually retired?

She's referring to when the Coincidence first became a daily and a few people got REs that awarded them avatars (some of which were retired or for stamp collections). This has been disabled. According to this editorial, the Coincidence avatar itself is retired, but I haven't verified if that's true or not.

Evidently they were having issues with which avatars were being awarded shortly after it was released so the avatar "events" were put on indefinite hiatus..the coincidence avatar itself is no longer available

I only do them if each item asked for is under 1k. Even then, I've only gotten one stat increase, and I've been doing it for about three weeks now. I'm not a fan of how users are inflating the values of junk items because of it. But that's economics for ya.

Absolutely not. I quit on my first try because he was asking for an expensive junk item. Plus, the REs, from what I've heard, are either useless of negative.

• 2 weeks later...

I only do this daily if I have it in my SBD or the item is cheap. Fortunately I haven't gotten any negative stat changes lately, but I haven't gotten anything good either.

I have heard of some people getting petpetpets? They would be a nice profit, but I'm sure it's a rare occurrence.

I got a Mozito worth 350k and a Rainblug worth 850k in two sucessive days. I sold the Rainblug and still have the Mozito in the trades, but the profit on the Rainblug was great. Other than that though, I've barely won anything, especially recently.

The only valuable item I've gotten from it was a Vacumatic 9000 petpet. Aside from that it's just been a couple of stat increases/decreases and a constant steam of REs where nothing happens. I do it if the items cost less than 300 neopoints, but otherwise it doesn't seem to be worth it.