Customization Contest Honorable Mentions!

Ever came up with more than one idea for an entry? What are you going to do with the other ideas you couldn't post after choosing your one contest entry? They go here, in this thread! This is where we can share our other customizations we made for the contest's themes, but didn't quite make it as entries.

Go here to participate in the contest! http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/41284-customization-contest/

I'll start: The current theme is Underwater, and while I was creating my entry, two other ideas came to mind. Here they are, shown below, and why they didn't make it in.

Clicking on the picture will take you to its display page on DTI:

medium_preview.png

Coming across the Maractite armor presented me with the idea for the underwater Maractite warrior! But as there was already a warrior theme last round, albiet with Kacheeks rather than Koi, this didn't make the cut. Looks great though!

medium_preview.png

I also liked the idea of a sea monster, and seeing the Sea Monster wearables, I thought "why not mess around and create a sea monter too?" It looks great, but it's mostly a combination of the items from the sea monster mini-superpack that came out a couple years ago, plus a few other things I added to give it a spooky underwater feel. Also, a water Draik seemed like a rather predictable choice, as the wig is perfect for Draiks and I've already seen a lot of Draiks and Water pets, so I didn't think this was as original as my tea party Koi that made the entry. But, here you can admire these honorable mentions in all their glory.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Contests' to 'Customization & NC Mall Chat'.

Better pretty purple words than angry red words. ^_^

Instead of an "also ran", this is an "entry to a contest from another site". (One which I'm not even going to get a pretty participation medal for, but oh well.)

"Purple" was the theme and I got in with a few hours to spare:

medium_preview.png

Lyuba, I love the second one you posted!! I love the hair with those wings...I just generally have a love for that hair XD I was also going to post a sea monster type (oh I went through a lot of possibilities lol) but I scrapped it :/

I also scrapped my original post because it was a familiar character and wanted to challenge myself with an original character :) (I could still switch back though, you never know-I'm like a ninja!)

bet you could never guess who my favorite Disney character ever is!

medium_preview.png

I really like the idea of this thread! I debated between another custom for the last contest, and it's nice that I can now preview the alternatives.

The koi custom looks great, and I really love the wig the draik is using. :) I have to get it someday!

Edit: This was the alternative custom for the last contest:

s2ekw4.png

Novelista- Aw that is a cute custom! I really like the wig she is wearing, and I love kacheeks. haha Good luck in the contest!

Shelley- Haha, you are a ninja! I was browsing over the entries again, and noticed your original custom was changed. I like both of them! xD

No one voted for me (hence "no pretty participation medal", as in TDN's contests). That's okay...I'm starting to find participating in these sorts of contests are just fun, anyway. (If they weren't, would I have prepped another entry before the last one was even finished? HARDLY! :D )

The wig is one I used to have (it was part of a mini/MME) and it's one of those things when you first see it, you think, "Oh, I'm never going to end up using this!" But I put it in my closet anyway and loved it! (I need it again because the account I had it on was frozen, so if you have any friends who have it, give 'em a shout!) (I have it on my DTI list, but it's in the "low tier", so that's probably why I haven't made an effort to trade for it. That and I don't always like wigs.)

True thing: I happened to mention Neopets to my counselor today and told her a little bit about it. She seemed interested and it was like, "Nooo! Don't be interested, or you'll get me all sucked in and unable to shut up!" xD

Lyuba, I love the second one you posted!! I love the hair with those wings...I just generally have a love for that hair XD I was also going to post a sea monster type (oh I went through a lot of possibilities lol) but I scrapped it :/

I also scrapped my original post because it was a familiar character and wanted to challenge myself with an original character :) (I could still switch back though, you never know-I'm like a ninja!)

bet you could never guess who my favorite Disney character ever is!

medium_preview.png

ARIEL! Heh, she's my favorite, too. :D FISH PRINCESS FOR THE WIN!

No one voted for me (hence "no pretty participation medal", as in TDN's contests). That's okay...I'm starting to find participating in these sorts of contests are just fun, anyway. (If they weren't, would I have prepped another entry before the last one was even finished? HARDLY! :D )

The wig is one I used to have (it was part of a mini/MME) and it's one of those things when you first see it, you think, "Oh, I'm never going to end up using this!" But I put it in my closet anyway and loved it! (I need it again because the account I had it on was frozen, so if you have any friends who have it, give 'em a shout!) (I have it on my DTI list, but it's in the "low tier", so that's probably why I haven't made an effort to trade for it. That and I don't always like wigs.)

True thing: I happened to mention Neopets to my counselor today and told her a little bit about it. She seemed interested and it was like, "Nooo! Don't be interested, or you'll get me all sucked in and unable to shut up!" xD

I can look out for that wig when I browse the NC board. =)

Haha, that is funny about your counselor! Neopets really is addictive. I got one of my sisters into it, and she does not care for computer games. Now, she makes time out of her busy work day for it. lol

I haven't remembered the last couple of times to check and see if she's using the same email address (I went without her a few years when I didn't have insurance), so I can't send her a Word doc crammed with my pet info until I see her again on the 26th. xD

ugh I realized I hadn't saved my tentative entry from last round...anyways! I tried to re-create it and I'm pretty sure it's on point to what it looked it. I decided against it and take a risk with my snow white gone medieval warrior....or should I say "I went out on a limb"? ;)

medium_preview.png

I haven't remembered the last couple of times to check and see if she's using the same email address (I went without her a few years when I didn't have insurance), so I can't send her a Word doc crammed with my pet info until I see her again on the 26th. xD

Well, good luck with getting her to join when you see her again! xD

ugh I realized I hadn't saved my tentative entry from last round...anyways! I tried to re-create it and I'm pretty sure it's on point to what it looked it. I decided against it and take a risk with my snow white gone medieval warrior....or should I say "I went out on a limb"? ;)

Oh wow, that customization was awesome! :) Very tough choice to choose between. Thank goodness for this thread! lol

• 3 weeks later...

Cool topic idea :)

This was my alternative for the last contest, you really have to click on it and see the swf for it to be it to be any good. Space warrior!

medium_preview.png

Edited to add: That water draik is so pretty! I love the tentacle dress and the bubbles.

Cool, I don't think we saw any Space Warriors in that contest!

This was my alternative custom for contest #4! It seemed like she's possessed and trapped in the mirror. I decided to go with the white lace theme instead. :P

medium_preview.png

Yeahlatte- Thank you! :) I really like your alternative customization! But, your current entry is pretty unique, and I love the description! xD

Brianna- That is cute! lol The egg blends in perfect. The custom you decided to enter is pretty clever, and funny. :D

Well my other custom I didn't really work on too much but this is the idea I had going..

small_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/725277

I was obviously very hungry when this round started hahah.

Kind of grim, the thought of eating a baby pteri. But I mean where do they get the eggs to make that giant omelette!? :O

Shelley - yessss black humor customisations are the best :D

And I don't know about the eggs but I wouldn't look too closely into the bacon...

ahahaha XD

I'm cracking up! seriously though. I always wonder about the "meat" in our neopian dishes. There's something we don't know about o.o

imagine how many baby pteri's it would take to make that giant omelette o.o

lol I feel like I should have played around with that custom more

I didn't get my entry posted in time, but was told this is where we can post things that don't make it into the contest. So here is my first attempt! (Thanks, Sabs! ^_^ )

medium_preview.png

George had never been fond of the color orange. How unfortunate for him that the shell that enclosed him had such a large orange mark! It had been a month now since he set off on his quest to change his spots. The Grooming Parlour couldn't help him, and the Neopians at the Rainbow Pool explained that he could only change his color if he hatched first. But as he explored the clearing behind the Negg Faerie's house, he stumbled upon something exciting! "Here at last, I have found it! A place where I can be painted any color I choose! I can become the egg I was meant to be!"

Grenthine- Aww that is cute custom and story! xD You're welcome! ^^

Shelley- Lol, I'll guess it takes 1000 baby pteri eggs to make that giant omelette. jk xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all! The current theme being voted on is Mythological. I also made a Mars God of War. Here he is!

medium_preview.png

And here's his link. I really love his animations! I hope you do too!

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/764211

While I decided to participate in the color theme instead of the Invisible because that looked like fun, and there were only two Color entries so far, I also made a scenic "pet". I have autumn on the brain a bit now especially since fall has finally officially begun and the first signs of fall have been rather late over here.

preview.png

Click for falling leaves! I must ask, which did you like more? I COULD always swap out my Green King for this before this competition ends...

• 2 months later...

This is my alternate Winter/Holiday entry... I pretty much only did this one because I wanted to use this garland. I usually think Christmas decorations are ugly, but this one is so pretty! If I ever saw something like this in real life, I'd start celebrating Christmas right away, haha.

medium_preview.png

Animation: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/807452

I also made an alternate for the current contest. Here is my cross country skiing Kacheek!

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/753719