What Neopets pet's names do you wish you had?

Hey y'all!

If you are like me, you've had to go through several attempts at a name for at least one of your pets (if not all of them!) before you found one not taken or verboten. It can be quite the frustrating endeavor!

Even after a pet has been created the name it has has huge ramifications if it is ever involved in a pet trade. Pets with Real word/3-5 letter/Capped/etc names are quite the hot commodity in trading circles (and if they are UC? oy..fuggedaboutit).

Even more frustrating are the poor well named pets wasting away on accounts that have not been visited in ages. They oft times will get cleared and then reintroduced via a Purge (and what a headache THAT is!)...but oft times they don't. They just sit there with their sad hungry faces for all time.

Which names do you wish you had? Which names did you try to get only to find that someone else had beaten you to it...or discovered that for one reason or another TNT was not going to allow it?

I have two that come IMMEDIATELY to mind...both were already taken when I first signed up. Merlin and Dante. In creating other pets I have had to go thru a number of names before finding one that was not taken (Ilio, Syelmet, and Jalouxi are 3 of my pets that I specifically recall having a list of names I tried).

How about y'all...which names would your pets have had you been able to get them?

:P

I've never had a problem naming my pets, but idk if other people would like their names much (gypsyboots, annefranksinatra, and willienelsonmandela.... lol) upon adopting out Anankou (this spotted wocky I was petsitting that the owner decided to never come back for) I'm not sure what I'll name my new pet. I think I'm going to make a camouflage Krawk so something cayman-like would be nice, or something with a reptillian ring to it.

Good possibility I'll have to brainstorm a bunch of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice options for him whenever I do get around to making him. I'm also considering holding off a long while so I can have that slot open to get some of the specific neopet-related avatars.

Like many other fangirls/fanboys though, I do wish it were possible to have GoT-themed names. Of course, Daenerys would be first and foremost, just like a lot of other people I presume. XP

^ haha I have Khaelysi and Denaery on a side account XD...closest I could get! :p I would LOVE to rename my draik "Khaleesi", "Mhysa", or "Dracarys"

good thing petpets can be named to our choosing! :D

I like my pets names...I did some research before getting them though, Harakhte is an Egyptian sun god (my desert hissi), Thrakos (my draik...in her game of thrones customization :laughingsmiley: )means male dragon in greek...lol she was supposed to be a boy :/ and Leucothya (my maraquan kacheek) is a sea goddess kind of character in greek mythology.....and then Phean was a gift, so I didn't name him, but I do enjoy them name :)

but my fist pet ever (may she rest in peace on my unfortunate deleted old account :sad02: ) was named bestbudr*randomnumbers* ....I made a typo so there was a random "r" after bestbud ...that was like 10 years ago hahah

I wish I could rename my uni BlueSkies_4_4 the only reason she has that name was because at the time of making her she was blue and most of the names the 5 year old me could think of had to do with object names or pictures around me and I ended up with Bluesky but that was taken so after 30 minutes it ended up being BlueSkies_4_4 but now she isn't a blue Uni instead she is a Christmas Uni so the name doesn't make sense but if I could rename her it would be Minako after the female protagonist from Persona 3 Portable. Also I would rename the green kacheek I got from the pound marlootje96 because I'm not really a fan of the name having numbers in it but if I could rename it would be after (SPOILER WARNING FOR FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING) Lucina who is Chrom's daughter or Emmeryn who is Chrom and Lissa's older sister. I would most likely name her Emmeryn in memory of her since she sacrifices herself to help the others and when she died and couldn't be saved I got so mad at Gangrel and the enemies there that I ended up defeating all of them and I nearly lost. Even though I already beat the game her death still gets me mad. Maybe now that JumpStart has taken over we might get the ability to change our neopet's names.

Interesting question. I have my own con-langs, so I never have this problem. It never occured to me to name a pet after something real world or fan-based. You can grow out of those too easily.

(That said, I like Angeló's suggestion of a white Uni named Shadowfax.... :laughingsmiley: )

Great names! Y'all reminded me of two others I would have liked to have acquired: Falcor and Xander.

I do wonder if they will ever allow us to change our pet's names...though, it would make the Search feature for pets harder to navigate.

:P

My names are usually two words combined(habit of sorts)so I usually don't have any problems with naming although I would like a pet named Delta(oh well,you get what you get and you don't get upset)

I have been so longing for the purge to happen so I could create the Halloween Poogle of my dreams: Argost! I had Argost Lives! as my siggy for the longest time. I loooove Secret Saturdays and I really want to make an Argost themed pet. I have all the customization picked out for him, too. Siiigh.

I was VERY lucky to have discovered one summer that nobody had taken the name "Eckert" yet, so I went and created a Xweetok with that name. (TRON fans may notice the reference XD) Same with Rapira, which is another computer-related name (and I don't even know what it means, but hey, it sounds cool, right??) They live on a side I visit every couple of nights to ensure they're fed and happy....Kinda wish there were more Vitupets-themed NP customization items out there though.

One of my Korbats had to have an underscore after his name because when I typed up "Shiroumaru" in Search, I found a pet with that name, much to my disappointment. In my Hissi's case, TNT's filters would not allow the last syllable of his last name. His full name is suppose to be "Daisuke Kamoshita" but I had to eliminate the "ta" due to their censors. Thus, it's "DaisukeKamoshi" instead. Spaces would be nice to separate their first and last names, I have a few whose last names are included. It'd also be nice to rename most of my main account pets, because I came up with those names when I was 12. >.< I had the good idea to use Search to check and see if they were available though, but...ew....I look back on those names now and I think "nope". I'd probably give them the first and last name treatment like I did with my Hissi. "Mary Thornwell", for my Acara, for example...yes Blossom's real first name is Mary...yes, I named her after a PPG when I was 12....I still call her Blossom though, maybe it's her middle name or her nickname.

I was VERY lucky to have discovered one summer that nobody had taken the name "Eckert" yet, so I went and created a Xweetok with that name. (TRON fans may notice the reference XD) Same with Rapira, which is another computer-related name (and I don't even know what it means, but hey, it sounds cool, right??)

"Rapira (Russian: Рапира, rapier) is an educational procedural programming language developed in the USSR and implemented on Agat computer, PDP-11 clones (Electronika, DVK, BK series) and Intel-8080/Z80 clones (Korvet). It was an interpreted language with dynamic type system and high level constructions. The language originally had a Russian-based set of keywords, but English and Moldovan were added later. Also, it was more elegant and easier to use than existing Pascal implementations of the time." "Rapira is also a name for the T-12 antitank gun." (from Wikipedia)

So... you can look at it as a computer term or as Russian for 'rapier' or as the name of a really nasty gun. I like 'rapier', myself. :)

I like the names that you all have come up with. I mean - "Joe" or "Mary" are fine but kind of - "meh". Rapira, for example, is much more interesting and I like the background on it.

I don't get the fascination with three letter/four letter names. Some of them are just dumb. "Mejs" or "Gyk" sound weird but because they are three letters they are more valuable than ____ is my newly adopted pet. She was a meerca but I changed her into a wocky and I'm saving up for a maraquan PB. ;)

I've named about half of my pets and I'm happy with all of them.______is my #1 pet and I know his name is not desirable at all but I like it and it's an inside joke at my house. I'm taking French in school so I have named a couple like and . One adopted pet is and I know that's a terrible thing to have a number in the name but I wouldn't trade her for anything.

"Rapira (Russian: Рапира, rapier) is an educational procedural programming language developed in the USSR and implemented on Agat computer, PDP-11 clones (Electronika, DVK, BK series) and Intel-8080/Z80 clones (Korvet). It was an interpreted language with dynamic type system and high level constructions. The language originally had a Russian-based set of keywords, but English and Moldovan were added later. Also, it was more elegant and easier to use than existing Pascal implementations of the time." "Rapira is also a name for the T-12 antitank gun." (from Wikipedia)

So... you can look at it as a computer term or as Russian for 'rapier' or as the name of a really nasty gun. I like 'rapier', myself. :)

A big, scary, nasty gun? Haha! Looks like my Jetsam's name is even MORE fitting for her now, given her personality. XD Thank you for the info! :D

I am dying to adopt the neopet that has my or my sister's first+middle name (they're a cute uni/kacheek too!), but mine is stuck in a frozen account, and my sister's is sad and dying without clothing in an account that has not been used. Sad!

I really can't complain though, when I first started playing neopets, I searched my username (soulsilk) in the search box, and I happened to find a pounded pteri with the exact same name! So that was really cool and I adopted her. Most of my pets are adopted (a few created), and they all have great names without numbers. I love them!

• 1 year later...

Majal_Kita :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.