Random Event Occurrence...

Secre

Is it just me or since the update of the RE system there are far more of them about? I think I've picked up more Events playing NQ in a couple of hours than I usually would in a month...

And for the sake of my sanity - are there any events that affect Battledome stats as my NQ pet is also my Battledome pet...he's deliberately painted in a cheap colour after the last time when I got hit by the Invisible Random Event (also whilst playing NQ) and went from Faerie to Invisible in one foul swoop...but I could do with knowing if I'm putting his stats at risk...

I've also had more random events recently, and new ones at that, it seems. Just a few minutes ago I got this:
spiuiw.jpg

I've never had a random event that had to do with stats though. Except maybe a decrease in health, but that's easily fixed.

Thanks and Drat. Looking down the list you can lose a level, a hitpoint, or up to five hitpoints in different events...that could prove to be an expensive...

Plus side...I've gained a good 10k in RE's today so maybe it would even out!!

From last week's Editorial, on Random Events:

"Boochi is no longer a threat, but Hubrid Nox is? I'm a bit annoyed that I need a Battledome 'pet guard, especially since I've been slowly training all of my 'pets. In the past week Hubrid Nox has hit me almost as many times as Boochi ever attempted. Is he really supposed to be so frequent? ~scatsmom

He was already pretty rare, but we've made him more rare to help balance out some really horrible luck. The new system actually made bad events more rare, but also increased the frequency of Random Events overall. We're, of course, still tweaking things as we go along."

So, yeah, RE are more common now :)

Ooh more REs! How exciting! I got a piece of the Spooky Treasure Map the other day :)

You happen across a mystical codestone and promptly pick it up. Time for training!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Not only do the RE's seem more frequent...they seem to be able to strike ANY of your pets. Not just your active pet.

One of my pets caught a Neo-disease last week (I don't recall which cootie...I just know FOR SURE that they were NOT my active pet). I have seen folks comment that their non-active pet's stats have been affected as well.

While there are more RE's overall...thus far I get the feeling that the increase is mostly in negative ones. In fact, I have had fewer random faerie quests in the past couple/few weeks than at any point in the last several years.

I know they are still tweaking things...hopefully once everything has been transitioned and settled the RE's will balance out.

Cheers!

:P

I noticed that too! I've been getting tons of RE's, mostly dumping huge piles of NP in my lap. Which I take happily so I can save for grossly expensive paint brushes.

A part of me is glad they're more common now, but at the same time, my nostalgia tunnel vision makes me yearn for the days when REs were rare and...more special, I guess.

Ooh more REs! How exciting! I got a piece of the Spooky Treasure Map the other day :)

Yes, I have gotten TWO pieces of secret treasure map from random events. The more expensive ones at that. I also had the bank error. It was a "bank error in my favor, collect $347." Is it just me, or does that sound a little bit similar to a monopoly treasure chest card? LOL.

Most of the random events seem pretty good, but I have had a couple of not so good ones.

Just got an AWESOME random event!!

While out for a stroll, magickalhorn looks down and finds 47,698 NP on the ground. Today looks like a lucky day!

I have gotten close to 40,000NP in two REs but never in one.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.