Am I the only one put off the new plot?

caleew

I think many people are put off by this new activity. however, prices seem to be deflating a bit today (although I still feel for those poor souls who are still in need of a gelert in the box, yikes!). I know they lowered the items required from up to 5 items to only 3 and added some new items. Good intentions, but not so great results. I'm surprised how expensive everything became, and so fast!

but on a positive note: there are many people willing to lend a hand who may or may not have many of said items hoarded in their inventory ;)

I think it's an excellent idea, but there's clearly some serious flaws. The fact that we cannot cancel or time out a quest (which would be a huge help when you get a freakishly expensive item), as well as the fact that they seem to have gone entirely by database numbers with no regard for if the items are tied up in dead accounts or galleries or what have you.

Overall, A for effort, C- for implementation.

Also the prizes had better be worth the amount of NP people are spending (let me dream, okay...)

The individual prizes are not proving to be worth much, but I'm hoping something better will come if all three are built together. Yeah, one can only wish.

I'm not put off by it, per se, I mean it's to be expected that people will capitalize on the current demand on these items. The need for these items will ultimately bring the community together, as it is doing here and on the NeoBoards - people patient enough will eventually acquire all the items they need without having to spend hundreds of thousands. It may either include newer members in that it will give them an easy income from their junk, or exclude them from the event as they might not be able to participate from the current prizes of the items. Either way, it's really up to the player to decide if it's worth participating or not, and how to make things happen for themselves.

Even after they changed it to fewer items, it didn't downgrade my quest, so I still had to find a 5-4-4 combo. :P They made it up to me by only making me wait three hours, which put me at 6p NST, but I forgot!

Since I didn't get back to it until today, I got an 11h wait, which means 10p NST. And that late? I'll probably forget again, being an hour from bedtime.

I quit once, then I went back after the numbers were lowered (and therefore the prices started dropping), but now I'm wondering if that was a good idea...

Mine were cheap today, I'm hoping they keep adding more items so it can stay that way. I don't think I'll be able to get all of the pieces, because I've only completed 3 so far and probably don't have enough time to do all of the rest if I keep getting these long wait times. Either way, I'm glad I was at least able to participate today without having to shell out a ton of np.

They made it up to me by only making me wait three hours, which put me at 6p NST, but I forgot!

Since I didn't get back to it until today, I got an 11h wait, which means 10p NST. And that late? I'll probably forget again, being an hour from bedtime.

The same thing happened to me. I was happy to only have a 3 hour wait, but of course I forgot. Then I was babysitting all morning today and only just now got around to it. Now I have 11 hours to go, which means it'll be about 1am my time. As if I'm staying up that late for this when I have to be awake at 6 tomorrow. And then I don't get home until after 7 tomorrow night (BUSY day) so I'm not holding out much hope for finishing a lot of these. I'm going to try, though!

I'm completely put off by this. I need 3 Gelert-in-the-box lol.... I can't even find them on the shop wiz anymore. I don't think it's worth it for me to continue at this point, so I'm done. I've donated a few of my items to people who were still continuing and decided to at least get something out of this event and sold the rest for under what the prices inflated to.

Hope it's worth it for those who are financially able to see it through to the end :)

Well, i personally made quite a big profit from random junk from SDB, but sad I cleared it out not too long ago cuz i just got the pack rat D:
I think it's pretty bad that junk prices are increasing, i mean, for newbies they wont have the opportunity to even finish the plot if they wanted to...

Agreed with Anime 100%. Good idea, buuut not executed in the most efficient way. I do wish there was an item "refresh" that you could press once per round or a time out so you could get a new set of items.

It would be hilarious if TNT removed the expensive items from the pool, leaving these people stuck with the items and no real choice but to discard them anyway :laughingsmiley:

I don't think these people are being greedy or rude or anything. I've seen a lot of dramatic posts regarding it. It's the name of the game, supply and demand. It just takes the fun out of it more than anything. Nice bonus for them, though!

I gave up when they asked me for Quiltilc throwing stars. I've been saving for a Draik MP and I wasn't about to go dropping that sort of money. ... Unfortunately I was no Saint, either. I sold off most of my expensive junk. Albeit for slightly saner prices (30k for what's going for 90k) but... I felt bad about it. Then I bought a bunch of Plushie Chombie Balloons from some people selling them for 90k and then sold them back to those people for 50k. So they didn't get their full profit at least.

I just sold to make end meet when I'm the one thats gonna have to buy back at the same prices, just a different item .

It would be hilarious if TNT removed the expensive items from the pool, leaving these people stuck with the items and no real choice but to discard them anyway :laughingsmiley:

Oops. JellyNeo has just posted this update:

"For those struggling with the quests on the Coincidence, it appears TNT have changed the item pool used!

We'll be gathering information for a new list - let us know what you get from new quests only, please!"

Oops. JellyNeo has just posted this update:

"For those struggling with the quests on the Coincidence, it appears TNT have changed the item pool used!

We'll be gathering information for a new list - let us know what you get from new quests only, please!"

4 1/2 more hours for me to see what the new items are. Hopefully it's not chomby balloons or gelert in a box XD

I feel pretty fortunate to have only paid about 70k np in total for the first 4 pieces. Although... At that rate, I will end up paying 175k in total on this plot. I have my doubts about whether it will be worth it in the end, but this is my very first plot since joining Neopets 60 days ago, so I will grit my teeth and smile through the inflation pain!

Another update: It seems that one of the items being asked for, the Baby Pull Along Train, is a NC item worth 500. Not sure if it's available anymore or not, but this is something that was obviously unintentional on TNT's part.

Another update: It seems that one of the items being asked for, the Baby Pull Along Train, is a NC item worth 500. Not sure if it's available anymore or not, but this is something that was obviously unintentional on TNT's part.

It's a glitch. TNT is working on it. For the moment, if it's requesting something like that, just don't do it.

It's a glitch. TNT is working on it. For the moment, if it's requesting something like that, just don't do it.

It looks like for most people it's been fixed. Mine's still glitched so I'm going to keep checking on it every few minutes.

Oh my. TNT tries to make things better but they just get worse and worse :P

I wouldn't say I'm put off by it, just upset for the players who have had to spend 100k+ to complete a quest. If that had happened to me every quest I would have been peeved, but I still would have gone for it in case of an avatar.

Not ideal, but it's fun to have an event again!