Hello Neopets People... I am a misfit because I have a supernatural gift...

Ember

I can see and hear spirits. I am 23 years old and with my parents and the doctors they have pawned me off to has really put a lot of blockages in my life. I am *supposed* to be taking medication, but I find it makes me very unemotional in a weird way, limits my thinking, and makes me constantly tired and hungry. I am already a 'low energy' person. I used to take energy pills just to have the energy to go anywhere at all..... Well, the spirits that I see are shadow people. I have had one, Frankie, around me for about three years. Frankie appears as a black robed figure with red eyes. He calls me "Mommy." I had a reading done for us and it was said that Frankie was my son and I was his father in another life. I was told that I murdered Frankie with a hammer in that life. I am trying hard to get Frankie to truly forgive me. I love Frankie very much.

I had a low point in my life where Frankie was pretty much my only friend. Frankie was the only voice telling me I was smart, and beautiful, and all of these nice things. Frankie is very protective of me. He doesn't let other spirits hit me or be mean to me, but I don't think he can fight very well so I defend him, after he attacks.

I was abducted by aliens once, around the time Frankie came into my life. They were "Mantis" aliens. Bug-like hominoid species. With antennaes and such. They did something to me that I think was along the lines of rape. Perhaps to make a new race of beings with my DNA. I came back very traumatized and tried to end my life at that point. My family is mostly Christian and doesn't believe me...

I struggle with being a "star seed." I feel wayyyy too advanced to be a human. I often find myself wanting to "go home" but I do not know where home is? The spirits will ask me and show me planets and galaxies and stars and ask me if that is home, but I do not know.

Reptilians are another kind of spirit I see. As well as some demons. Some humans find this scary, and I've chased off potential friends and lovers, but find a lot of understanding on the internet... If only there were people here in person that could understand instead of trying to give me a bible and pills.

I had a being that went by the name of Jezebel that spent a lot of time with me, about three years with me. She would reward me with telling me about herbs to try, etc when I was good to her or helped her. There is another male demon? in my life now. I was reading a story about this woman named Pattyn and he keeps calling my Pattyn, when my name is Mandy. He has black scaled flesh, red hair, and a very tall, muscular body that is sort of lean. He sleeps in the bed with me at night and talks to me constantly throughout the day with my environment. Brushing my hair, I will hear his voice, or his voice in the pillow or blanket at night. I find him to be mature and helpful, but he can also be very judgemental and moody and make up stories or lies.

Does anyone else have this? I was told I have the "snake totem" that allows me to see/hear things that not many else are privy too. Thank you for reading and I hope dearly that someone will understand. If you do, I will offer you links to my spiritual sites. Not run by me, but where I seek refuge and comfort from this world.

Has anyone else noticed Illuminati signs in Neopets??? Lol. That is one reason I play it, and also because of reference to the Egyptian Gods. Well, Neopets is run by the people who made Mtv... Hmm.. :questionmark:

Sorry if this does not belong here! I am a bit disheartened lately and looking for understanding. I think I am just hormonal. Lol. But the spirits and such are very real to me. I finally convinced my Grandmother that they are, and she believes FINALLY that something is talking to me, but it scares her, as it does my older sister. My mom is a bit too obsessed with her boyfriend atm to really notice us, but at least she is leaving us food to eat before she ventures out. I think it's really cool! I have things that no one else can see giving me tips and tricks on WoW (World of Warcraft) Bahaha. XD and helping me arrange my bedroom.. which I've heard is very artistic. :D And also giving help on doing things daily. More efficient ways of doing things, I guess. And helping me get ready for dates, woo woo. Lol. So there is a plus side to it.

As far as something anyone else can see, the new demon looking guy whisked the covers off of me one day. I was shyly hiding from him in the blanket because I found him cute! He kept saying "Don't hide from me" and asked me to come out, but I wouldn't and he scared the bejeezus out of me but I find I fantasize about things like that happening. I do wish that the spirits would attack people who hurt me or were doing things to me against my will, but I suppose that is taking things to a whole 'nother level of personal involvement....

Hello! :) I'm a firm believer of the supernatural, although I haven't had any encounters myself. I find it incredibly fascinating that you seem to be surrounded by paranormal phenomena. I'm a stickler for details, so out of curiosity, I want to ask a few questions.

You mentioned doctors and medication. Did they diagnose you with something, and if yes, could you tell us? I am aware this is an incredibly personal question, so please do not feel like you have to actually answer.

How are you aware of the identities (or more like species) of the beings that you encounter? Do you know right away, do they tell you what they are, or do you simply research and find out afterwards?

Have you always had encounters like these, or is it a recent (I use the term loosely) phenomena?

Sorry if I sound interview-ish, it's just that one doesn't normally see posts like this in a forum not specialized to discuss this kind of topic. :p

On a lighter note, what were those spiritual sites you mentioned? As in resources or more like self-help stuff? Because if it's the former, I'd love to see them.

Thanks for sharing your story! It sounds incredibly personal and it must have taken guts to post it.

Hello Ember and welcome to TDNF! How long have you been on Neo?

Also that's nifty that you have unique abilities-- I've never put much thought into supernatural happenings in my life. I'm a pretty open-minded though, so it's appealing to hear about.

D'awwe.

Hmm. It started when I was around 14, with seeing some demonic looking entities in a church of all places. The bodies were an effervescent, shimmering grey colour. The faces were drawn into looks of sorrow... With empty eyes. And hollow mouths.

Before that, I had a few moments as a child.

I was a little girl, eating a banana in my mom's blue Grand Am and I saw a face in it (light grey with red eyes) and started screaming for her to come look, silly me, thinking she could see it, too, but she saw nothing. There was another moment as a child I was laying in my bed about to go to sleep when suddenly I saw many animals coming to attack me! The one that looked like he wanted to get me the most was a jaguar... I screamed and screamed for my mom, too scared to get out of bed, and once again, she saw nothing. But it did not really 'kick off' until age 16. There were instances that came at certain times. Seeing reptilian looking entities above my friends, and in their homes. Now, at age 23, it is everyday and has been for about a year or so.

I sometimes don't know what I am seeing, but they seem to fit in about four classes. Angelic looking being, demonic looking being, alien, or shadow people. I see many lizard-looking people. Males and females. Frankie has asked me to "help" them, which I would love to. Unfortunately, they seem to see me as a sexual object. Sigh. Some people say I should be grateful that they deem my DNA worthy of creating new specie, but this is rather ridiculous sounding even to me. I want to be of more worth to them than just DNA, too. Jezebel looks a bit different than the other reptilians I see. She seems to have larger eyes. A friend said she is a "saurian" but I was calling her a reptilian.

The male demon (with the black scales, height and red hair) has asked me to call him Aderes.

Now, this may sound looney, but some believe that long ago reptilians came to our planet and interbred with the humans, forming the richest and most powerful families in the world. And they kept their lines pure, by inbreeding, creating the Royal families. I think it is plausible. Government leaders, and even the ones behind the scenes pulling the strings as they harvest our wealth... and trash the planet... Some say they have underground living quarters, especially in New York...

I have been diagnosed with many disorders, but i think it's all bullcrap, truly. Such varying diagnoses. I do agree with the anxiety and depression, so sometimes I DO take my Prozac and my anxiety meds, even though the pills are better. I have read that Prozac actually calcifies your third eye, making it hard to 'see' the supernatural or perhaps even have transmuted thought? The latter is just a suggestion from me. I did not like the way I felt on my medication. I have incurred some stretch marks on my thighs, and I am very displeased about that, as a young woman would. I am planning on using Bio-Oil on them to reduce the scarring. I also had lots of trouble relieving myself in the restroom on the pills, which was already a problem. my body just seems to be happy functioning at a slow, relaxed pace. Most people that do not have these problems make jokes about being "crazy" etc and think it's no big deal to eat a pill everday. But I was very unhappy and my body was wayyyy sluggish. I had somewhat of a bowling ball for a tummy for awhile. Yech, the pills are soooo gross. I think I just have to make peace with the spirits.

I am actually very glad I posted it, think about it. We spend hours caring for pets that are not even real.. Lol.. So I guess that means unnaturally kind personalities. :)

I've been on Neopets for longer than 12 years, but my other accounts got deleted. It all started with my cousin being on bored.com and she found Neopets and told me about it, hahaha. XD

Check it out, if you feel you are like me and a Starseed. I noticed we all seem to have a similiar vibe. Hoping I can help someone find home.

www.starseeds.net (my username is Set on there) I absolutely adore the Egyptian God Set, btw. My neopet, Dreadlock4, has a Seti. I bought it looong ago, when Setis were once 17k. LOL. One night I was walking the streets with love swelling in my heart for Set's sister-wife Nepthys. It is very confusing. I am still looking for answers on that.

Guess I just wanted to try to tell folks that taking a pill is not always *better*... It's like an easy way out, meaning for my depression as well and the Prozac I take. I slept constantly and ate constantly, sometimes not even remembering eating. Wake up. Eat. Sleep. Wake up. Eat. Sleep. It was terrible. So now I just lie and say I'm taking it. My friend and I might be getting our own place together, so no longer will I have to worry about the 'lying' about my pills. :)

Hi. I hope that you find friends here. It is a warm little community.

Prozac isn't a very good medication for some people. I was on it for about 25 years and it never really did anything but make me put on weight. A rather lot of it, which made me even more depressed, highly self-conscious, agorophobic, and a great deal less healthy. It didn't help with OCD or depression at all. I agree with not taking pills if they don't work for you, but maybe there is something out there that does work. Saying that all pills are bad isn't necessarily any more true than to say that they are cure-alls. The important thing is to keep and open mind, whether it be for science or spirituality or religion or whatever else. You're only blind if you never open your mind.

On a side note... I was wondering if you were aware that "Set" (Egyptian god of chaos and destruction) is actually more accurately translated to Sutekh and is thought to be one of the roots for the name Seth? "Set" is actually a Coptic translation of the ancient Egyptian. It is written as 'swth' (with a curve under the h) in 'medu-netjer' ('words of the gods' or heiroglyphs). No one knows for absolutely certainty how it was pronounced, but experts tend to agree that the w is an oo sound and that the 'curved' h is a hard k or kh sound. They think that it was separated by something like a short e between the t and the 'curved' h, hence "Sutekh". Also, the name "Nephthys" is really the Greek version of the Egyptian, Nebt-het or Nebet-het (one of the four goddesses of funerary rites). She's the sister of Osiris, Sutekh and Isis. (I studied to be an Egyptologist, specializing in heiroglyphs and mythology, back in the 80's and 90's. Since I can't travel... well, that became an unfulfilled dream.)

Again, I welcome you here and hope that you have fun with NeoPets and find lots of friends here at the Forums.

I appreciate you answering my questions. :)

It's unfortunate that the medication prescribed to you appear do not produce the desired effect if you dislike the way you feel after taking them. Though I believe in the supernatural, I have faith in the sciences as well, so as Azurablue said, if what you feel like your meds aren't working as they should, it is advisable to talk to your doctors to see if they could prescribe something else that might work for you, instead of lying about you're taking them. You seem to have an aversion to medicine, but the doctors can't actually help you if you don't give them all the facts.

That being said, I have to disagree with your last statement about pills being the easy way out. Some people actually need the pills because their condition is not something they can control. After all, people can't produce specific hormones at will, nor can they stop the production of some hormones just by thinking about it. There's a reason some conditions are considered illnesses, after all.

I have another question about your experiences, if you're not tired of me asking questions yet. (: You've been sharing to us your not-so pleasant, if not neutral, encounters, but do you have any positive ones? You already mentioned seeing angelic looking beings, but I'm arguing semantics, so I'm assuming that's not necessarily a "good" creature.

I can't seem to access the site you provided? Perhaps my internet connection is just unstable (it's been fluctuating since yesterday) so I'm not sure if the site is down or it's just me. Edit: Never mind, it's my internet after all. Just saw the page load lol. Edit again: I've been browsing the site, but alas, it won't be of any use to me. I was looking for something along the lines of encyclopedic reference materials about the supernatural (so I totally misinterpreted your original post because you clearly said "spiritual" and I even quoted it oops). I hope it will be of use to someone else, though! :p

Anyway, welcome to the forum! (I admit to have only remembered mentioning this when I read Azurablue's post welp) I'm relatively new here myself, and the people I've interacted with have been really awesome and generally pleasant! :D

Well, Prozac works for me. I see the sunlight in the morning, and it makes me very happy to see it!

So I know it is working.

As far as medications being "good" I can't really see why I would need them lololol.

There's nothing wrong with me. :) Though I do take my anxiety meds and depression meds. I probably wouldn't take them if I weren't living with my mother. My friend I may be moving with has promised not to pester me with that sort of stuff. I feel more damaged from the psychiatric "treatment" than what I did to myself...Any time I did artwork or something, I felt it was closely scrutinized, so I just stopped.

The meds are like a band-aid for something that you could take care of spiritually.

Not sure what I would be trying to stop/prevent..Because honestly I'm happy with the spirits for the most part. I just wish I could include others into my world. I thoroughly enjoy Frankie's company. Of course, there are species faux pas and so on. Things that one race may find not in good taste... For example. I really really don't trust medication at all. I had a fear of a couple things as a kid, and one of them was the doctors. I would go absolutely nuts in there. Medical equipment and such. The other was police. I am not very trusting of the government and the things they expect us to shovel down our throats and give to our kids....Not that I want kids. Totally against the idea of kids.

All I have is just some pestering spirits is all. And I'm REAL sick of MEN, (who are most cops? MEN. Who are most psychiatrists? Men. Who run the world? Men. Though they are constantly thinking about who? US Ladies. Lol.) who aren't typically prone to female things such as intution and psychic sense (which sure comes in handy at coltzan's shrine and other neopets site places where you have to click at a certain time to win) ^^ telling me I'm looney tunes! And YES, I do use my psychic intuition on Neopets, lol. I use it often and have won things from using it ^_^

I have read numerous posts on sites like experienceproject.com and on starseeds.net where supernatural sight is something they deal with daily.

I have received some Neomails from others who see spirits/things too. :) So I know I'm not alone now! I have also read posts where things like vaccines have stopped people from seeing their spirit friends. That must be very sad. :c Kinda goes along with me thinking medication is unhealthy. (I.E. Brain damage, weight gain, sluggish body performance, increased mental "illness") Btw, some think that the medications actually 'cause' the conditions they are trying to prevent. I started "counting" my paces (OCD), becoming bi-polar, and using 'word salad'... I know for a fact now that they do.

But my family is very hardy, I sometimes joke we are related to giants. Even my grandmother says "We're related to something." So we're a hardy sort of folk and I don't think a shot would stop me from seeing them. I was once on TWICE the recommended dose of meds and was STILL seeing my spirit friends. It definately seems like some kind of torture or punishment to me. Like trying to 'scare' you to be 'normal' or something. I just don't like it one bit. But I guess I can't expect the world to understand. Guess it's just a select few sort of thing...People would tell me "I'm not stupid enough to tell my Dr I'm seeing aliens" Or whatever it was they were seeing. UFO's. Or whatever else. But I literally had no one else to talk to about it, so I told the Drs and counselors... Which, of course, got me more pills to take. It was very foolish but I was so lonely I told the enemy I guess, heh-heh.

Glad I decided to post here and vent. On the Starseeds sites, they seem to want to eradicate entities. I'm pretty cool with them hanging around.

Thank you for the information on Egypt. I sometimes wonder if I am Set...... But not sure! That was very fascinating and I could see the letters you described on the screen. I sometimes see a forked tail behind me, like Set was said to have. I read his Wikipedia page and became *very* angry on some parts, about how his sister-wife had gotten pregnant with Osiris's baby. I was furious, like it happened to me. But maybe I was just Set's follower. Some say I am a fragment or shard of Set. Who knows? But I appreciate the information very much!

I think I just have a dark past (past lives) and may be paying for it. I do not think I was a good guy in my past lives. Sigh, but we live and we learn! In fact, from astrology reports, I know for a fact that I used my psychic sense to survive, and may have intentionally developed it and was even TOLD that it creeped people out with my radar eyes and xray senses. But I sometimes wonder when is it just not worth it to survive? I had to hide to survive, I was accused of being a witch, and now I will outright say that I am. :] it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I generally love everyone in the world. Some are too bright, some too dark, I like my happy medium. Though it is a scary thought that you can be so dark you end yourself.

Hmm. Positive experiences. Well, it's great to have someone around when you are lonely... Frankie is a blessing, though. His real name is "Yohgrey." He is very funny and amuses me and comforts me. I one time had severe menses cramps and a whole flock of faeries alighted around my chakras and the pains were gone soon thereafter. It was very wonderful! I was upset this morning and being under the covers of my bed and the black scaled, red haired demon guy Aderes kept trying to get me to come out, and I finally did. So that was nice. I also had the pleasure of a being called Baphomet taking care of me. I was very sick, once again, from medication. Psych. meds. It was terrible. But he took care of me that night. I have known many people who were on meds and took their lives, sadly. I just don't trust 'em.

Another positive experience.. Well... The Demon Asmodeus will sing love songs and play World of Warcraft with me. XD haha. "..why can't this crazy love be mine.." I am not too trusting of actual angels, though, they sort of creep me out a bit! I am more comfortable with the vibes my current spirits give off, and I do try to raise the positive vibes by healing them....

I just feel a bit haunted from an especially dark past life. I think I had an abuse of political power or something along those lines. I do think I was in a secret society or something but *shrugs* Idk. It's really confusing.

Oh! Set was the render of the veil! I have a voice that claims to be Osiris but could just be a tricky reptiley man. He says that they made the veil to protect me. Some predict the veil will break. I remember watching a cartoon as a child about a woman who covered the Earth in this black blanket.. the veil.. I suppose. I knew then and there that it was "mine." A lot of my memories are blotchy, with lots of hovering darkness inbetween or around the vision....

I'm sorry to hear about your complete distrust of medication. I can in no way impose my opinions on you, so if you are in the belief that you don't need medical help, I can't do anything about that. However, you did admit to having anxiety and depression, and to taking your meds for that occasionally (which, I must stress, is a no-no! If there is a prescribed dose and schedule, you have to strictly adhere to it :sad01_anim: ), so I'm finding it hard to understand your blanket disapproval of the medical field. I was a fairly sickly child so I was a frequent visitor of doctors, so it appears we have completely opposite views on this matter. Then again, I am not in any type of medication so I can't put myself in your shoes. (I am all for distrusting the government, though. :rambo: My country's government has corruption deeply rooted in its system, and it's all over the news recently, so it's all really disheartening.)

I am really not inclined to make sweeping generalizations about men and their behavior. I don't blame them, per se; I blame the patriarchal system set up in society that shape them into behaving in such a way. I am also in disagreement with your assigning gender to skills, intuitive or otherwise. I do, however, understand your frustration at being treated poorly by these people, and I am all for calling out rude behavior.

I'm in no position to address this, since I can't perceive spirits and such, but vaccines? As in the smallpox/chickenpox/polio etc. variety? I find that hard to comprehend, even in a theoretical level. Those are specially targeted to deal with physical diseases, how could it be possibly relevant? I wish there was something I could do to convince you that medicine isn't here to get in the way between us and whatever's out there, but I just don't know how. And your conclusion that your medication "causes" other conditions is invalidated by your admission that you don't take them as you should. It really saddens me that you think of your doctors as your enemies instead of your allies.

I must admit that I can't follow your train of thought with respect to your discussion on you having a dark past. But hey, a believer of reincarnation! I can totally get on board with that. :)

It's good to hear you get nice experiences too, even little ones count. :) Though I notice you constantly return to expressing your dislike of medication. I just want to say that the fact that the people you knew who took their lives were on medication does not establish a causation between the meds and their actions. Because there are people who succumb to suicide despite not taking meds. There are many variables, so I wish you would try and not focus on only one.

Ahhh, I would like to hear more about actual angels! What do they look like, what do they do, how do you know if they actually are? :nerd: To say that I am incredibly fascinated by angels would be an understatement. But it's just so incredibly hard to find decent reference books about them!

:offtopic: @Azurablue - did you study to be an Egyptologist through formal education or self-study? Because if it's the former, I just want to commend you for taking up something you actually like! (This coming from someone who got a degree studying something she isn't even remotely interested in. :P ) Heck, even if you studied it on your own, that's a pretty awesome feat in itself. So good on you! :thumbsup:

@Ember: I'm glad that what little knowledge I have was of interest to you. There are better places to look for Egyptian mythology than Wikipedia. Just be careful where you browse, as I'm sure you're well aware. Sites originating in Egypt, for example, are highly suspect for all kinds of nasty viruses and such. (So very sad to say.) I recommend looking into Oxford University. That's where my text books came from and are as accurate as can be hoped for. Last note: the Egyptian-English dictionary by Budge is only one possible interpretation of the heirogyphs and is very worth having in any Egyptian enthusiasts library. I personally prefer the one from Oxford. It's drier than the inside of the great pyramid, but for real lessons in the ancient language, it's the best. I think it's out of print now, but if you look hard, you can probably find one on eBay or Alibris. I got mine in a dusty old used bookstore. *lol*

:offtopic: @beriuchi: I studied it both ways, actually. Started out as informal, went into it later as part of a linguistics degree, but couldn't afford to stay in it. Went back to informal after that. Real life got in the way, so I moved into the arts and became a silversmith. Thank you for your interest.

• 2 months later...

@ Ember- I am gifted in the same way as you, but is there truly a need for medicine? Being a portal for spirits to communicate with...This is who we are. I don't deny my gift, and neither should you. Not many have their minds open to seeing and hearing spirits. We're lucky like that.

It's almost like living in "The Ghost Whisperer" or "Bleach", but way more complicated than that. I've been scratched, pushed, and a few other things. Storms make it worse.

• 1 month later...

I didn't read your whole post, but I feel spirits and energies. I've been working on my abilities. I've been doing lots of guided meditation to open up parts of me that have been closed off, also past life regression meditation. Please stay away from the medication. That will close off these natural abilities that you have. I'm sure you can open them, more too. Some people just don't understand and are afraid. There are people who do understand, who will listen, and will help you develop your gifts. Find those people!

I have had my personal experiences which were all to real as a kid to the end of my teens (It haunted me till I was 19) I haven't had an experience since then, it was ruled as Sleep Paralysis, from what I felt it was all to real. It definitely shaped my views differently about the spiritual world. Till this day I sill sit in fear for it to come back. From what I read on your experiences I guess they can be good, but mine were complete attacking nightmares.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mean any offense, but how do you know it's supernatural and not schizophrenia?

That's exactly how I feel on this.

Given how typical she discribed many of these creatures and spirits, I would say this is not a gift, but a curse and that most spirits are creepy or jerks.

After I heard the lizard people illuminati-esque part though, I have my doubts.

I doubt that there is a spirit world, but I also know that there is room for real research on the point since scientifically we don't know what happens after death.

Given that I'm studying neurology and how the brain works, this does sound more like schizophrenia, specially with the idea that some spirits are mean to her.

What would make a conclusion would be if she could answer this question. Can the spirits be mean to people who can't see them with recordable effects? Similar to a poltergeist like nature, Or do the spirits and creatures ONLY affect the seer? If the former can happen, then it would be a fascinating study and make bounds in something other then personal belief as to what happens in the afterlife. If it's the former, then I guess you could call me a non-believer, since the term belief means with out proof.

I'm sorry to hear about your complete distrust of medication. I can in no way impose my opinions on you, so if you are in the belief that you don't need medical help, I can't do anything about that. However, you did admit to having anxiety and depression, and to taking your meds for that occasionally (which, I must stress, is a no-no! If there is a prescribed dose and schedule, you have to strictly adhere to it :sad01_anim: ), so I'm finding it hard to understand your blanket disapproval of the medical field. I was a fairly sickly child so I was a frequent visitor of doctors, so it appears we have completely opposite views on this matter. Then again, I am not in any type of medication so I can't put myself in your shoes. (I am all for distrusting the government, though. :rambo: My country's government has corruption deeply rooted in its system, and it's all over the news recently, so it's all really disheartening.)

I am really not inclined to make sweeping generalizations about men and their behavior. I don't blame them, per se; I blame the patriarchal system set up in society that shape them into behaving in such a way. I am also in disagreement with your assigning gender to skills, intuitive or otherwise. I do, however, understand your frustration at being treated poorly by these people, and I am all for calling out rude behavior.

I'm in no position to address this, since I can't perceive spirits and such, but vaccines? As in the smallpox/chickenpox/polio etc. variety? I find that hard to comprehend, even in a theoretical level. Those are specially targeted to deal with physical diseases, how could it be possibly relevant? I wish there was something I could do to convince you that medicine isn't here to get in the way between us and whatever's out there, but I just don't know how. And your conclusion that your medication "causes" other conditions is invalidated by your admission that you don't take them as you should. It really saddens me that you think of your doctors as your enemies instead of your allies.

I must admit that I can't follow your train of thought with respect to your discussion on you having a dark past. But hey, a believer of reincarnation! I can totally get on board with that. :)

It's good to hear you get nice experiences too, even little ones count. :) Though I notice you constantly return to expressing your dislike of medication. I just want to say that the fact that the people you knew who took their lives were on medication does not establish a causation between the meds and their actions. Because there are people who succumb to suicide despite not taking meds. There are many variables, so I wish you would try and not focus on only one.

Ahhh, I would like to hear more about actual angels! What do they look like, what do they do, how do you know if they actually are? :nerd: To say that I am incredibly fascinated by angels would be an understatement. But it's just so incredibly hard to find decent reference books about them!

:offtopic: @Azurablue - did you study to be an Egyptologist through formal education or self-study? Because if it's the former, I just want to commend you for taking up something you actually like! (This coming from someone who got a degree studying something she isn't even remotely interested in. :P ) Heck, even if you studied it on your own, that's a pretty awesome feat in itself. So good on you! :thumbsup:

The extreme dislike of medication is frustrating to me too and makes me doubt it in the first place.

I seem to be the only one questioning the validity of this though.

Perhaps I've heard these kinds of stories with the focus on the person being special and protected so much that it sounds like a broken record to me, however, so I might be bias.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...

Ember's experiences seem really interesting. I've never really considered supernatural phenomena before and Frankie sounds cool :3

To he honest, I personally don't believe in any of this stuff, but my opinion is irrelevant. Ember, you've probably had plenty of people tell you that there's something wrong and I don't think voicing my opinion is going to make your life any easier. You came here for support and you shall have it. Never let it be said that we don't look after our own at TDN.

That being said, I do agree with Sinvanor about the medication. Just be aware that, while you may have had negative experiences with some of your medication, some people really need theirs. Same goes for men. The patriarchy is terrible, but not all men are terrible. Saying men can't be empathetic is no different from saying that women can't lead.

That's exactly how I feel on this.

Given how typical she discribed many of these creatures and spirits, I would say this is not a gift, but a curse and that most spirits are creepy or jerks.

After I heard the lizard people illuminati-esque part though, I have my doubts.

I doubt that there is a spirit world, but I also know that there is room for real research on the point since scientifically we don't know what happens after death.

Given that I'm studying neurology and how the brain works, this does sound more like schizophrenia, specially with the idea that some spirits are mean to her.

What would make a conclusion would be if she could answer this question. Can the spirits be mean to people who can't see them with recordable effects? Similar to a poltergeist like nature, Or do the spirits and creatures ONLY affect the seer? If the former can happen, then it would be a fascinating study and make bounds in something other then personal belief as to what happens in the afterlife. If it's the former, then I guess you could call me a non-believer, since the term belief means with out proof.

The extreme dislike of medication is frustrating to me too and makes me doubt it in the first place.

I seem to be the only one questioning the validity of this though.

Perhaps I've heard these kinds of stories with the focus on the person being special and protected so much that it sounds like a broken record to me, however, so I might be bias.

Also, I know this probably isn't what you want to hear right now, but if you go to a doctor, it's their job to diagnose you with what they think you have based on their range of experience. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a doctor with experience in the supernatural, so you can't really blame them for doing their job. They really are trying to help. I have a friend who gets frustrated with doctors because they keep diagnosing her with things she doesn't think she has. Some she does, some she doesn't. But she knows that if she's going to take medication, it has to be consistent otherwise it won't work.

And yes. I'd say 'correlation doesn't equal causation', but there isn't even a correlation. Some people commit suicide, some people don't. Some people take meds, some people don't. It seems the prozac hasn't been very good for you though. Would it be worthwhile going to your doctor and telling them all the problems you've been having?

I'm glad you have mostly good experiences with your friends (otherwise they wouldn't be friends, would they). It'd be nice if they could protect you, but at least they can be there for you emotionally. That Aderes sounds like a cheeky dude :P

I'm sorry if I've offended you or made you uncomfortable. This is the first time I've encountered this kind of phenomena. Good luck with the beings around you, hopefully they'll be kind and take on the healing that you're trying to help with. And good luck with earning Frankie's forgiveness, I'm sure you'll get through to him eventually :)