Let's talk about our TDNF usernames!

leverhelven

Mine is kind of stupid. I was on surfing on the internet. I decide to join a forum at the time and I couldn't think of anything for a username. "Feeling witchy" was on like an ad off to the side of the forum and it worked for me for my neopet username and bella came from the character name that I used when I played MMOs

I've been using the same username everywhere for a while. I'm an Oregonian, so being in sunshine is not my favorite thing. Ugh. Can't stand heat. So I chose blowupthesun as my official internet name. Yes, I realize we would all die. That's not the point.

Somehow I think your username explanation matches perfectly the feelings of the cat in your avvie :D Like "I hate it. I don't care. Just blow it up". :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mine just mirrors my Neopets account name.

You know how like...on Twitter celebrity accounts are "real" this and "official" that? Well, my name is Sarah Jay (pen name not real name shh). And my account is officalsarahjay. Ha. Clever. I'm so funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this thread has been so fun to read! :D

I came up with my username after I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower. The username is a cross between a wallflower who is loved, and a reminder to love the wallflower.

^^ I wondered if that's where your username came from - that is one of my absolute favorite books! Nice choice :D

I think everyone should already know that my username is a reference by the 3rd album from Metallica, Master of Puppets.

when I register to the forum, I was looking for a band's songs, and I remembered the name of the album and said bam, username.

Mine is pretty easy for old-school fans of The Legend of Zelda. ;)

The original Aquamentis (From the first Nintendo game)

Aquamentis from the cartoon series based on the first game, the episode, Underworld Connections.

It resembles the Peophin, sort've, on Neopets. ;) I like horses of various mythologies and all. ;) And Water is my favorite of the 4 main elements. ;)

Most of my online usernames are pet related. My neopets account is homage to one of my cats (Anubis) whom I hand raised from 5 days old with her sister (Seraphim.) Most of my neopets are named after one of my pets (I have a lot of furry and not so furry babies.) The bully part is from pitbull, as I have a pit/boxer mix who saved my life as a teen and started me on a pro-bully/mastiff type crusade, if you will. I didn't know that pits were hated/feared when I adopted her as a puppy and it's been a long, crazy journey ever since.

Let's see...

I ran into a guy that said usernames that use numbers, symbols, phrases, or "[interest]lover" made the user come off as juvenile. He only associated with users with usernames that could seem like an actual name-- whether it was obviously made up or not.

I was using a made up name at the time (Cava, although I found out later that it's a word in other languages), so he was okay with me, but I didn't agree with him-- still don't.

One day, even after years of made up names that I will gladly still go by, I randomly decided to name an account "Tenjilover". No one really takes me seriously with that name and I will usually groan when someone calls me Tenji.

So now I just try to use made up names all the time so I won't be haunted by past interests hidden in names.

Pascalla is one of those made up names.

My neopets username; I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE. Hert123_7_7. Hert is Dutch for Deer. I don't even like deers. 123 because Hert was already taken. And hert123 was already taken on Neopets so the name generator on Neopets said: hey, why not add two underscores and two sevens?! I only use hert123_7_7 at neopets.com and Hert123 on forums!

My username I use on the internet everywhere apart from here, is Temarile. Temarile is from a fantasy name generator hahah. I had to come up with an username about two years ago but couldn't think of something good so I googled fantasy name generator and picked this one. Why this one? Well, because my real name is Tessa and Temarile starts with the same two letters.

My old username I used on the internet was Katje192. Katje is Dutch for Kitty; I really liked cats at the time (still do now) and 192.. I have really no clue. I pronounce 192 as one, nine, two though. Not onehundredninetytwo.

My stands for "to meander".

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 months later...

My username is very unoriginal. Probably one of the worst usernames on this site :D . I didn't feel like thinking through a username as I don't believe that usernames are a big deal