Ready, Set, JumpStart

Xepha

plu_friendlygelert.gif What is this Friendly Brown Gelert Plushie referring to ?!!

Am so happy with the free 150NC !!!

Probably the mascot of the JumpStart games.

jumpstart_dog.jpg

Edit: Oh yep that's probably it. His name's Frankie, btw.

http://jstart.wikia.com/wiki/Frankie

Probably the mascot of the JumpStart games.

jumpstart_dog.jpg

Edit: Oh yep that's probably it. His name's Frankie, btw.

http://jstart.wikia.com/wiki/Frankie

Yes! I was just going to find a picture of him to post. :) It took me a while to realize who the Gelert plushie was (and I didn't remember his name).

Seriously, I used to absolutely love JumpStart's stuff. I even still play some of my old kids' games for nostalgia's sake. I see good things in the future of Neopets, and I bet I'll love JumpStart again. :D

I'm excited for the changes to come. I don't see how JumpStart will do anything to make the site any worse. To be honest I don't really think Viacom/Nickelodeon was doing very much to begin with, other than putting ads everywhere...

I have to admit that I am looking forward to/ dreading some of the things that lay ahead.

Looking forward to:

Festival of Neggs, Faerie Festival, and other Neopian Holidays with JumpStart at the reins.

The first Advent Calendar

Dreading:

Possible pet changes

The end of NC and the mall itself

I don't really know what Jumpstart is but, free NC so yeah.

On my understanding, Jumpstart is a kids thing but, for more younger audiences than Nick right? Since a lot of people says "OMG I loved Jumpstart when I was a kid".

Well, Wolfie (may I call you that?), you might be worried about pet changes, but they might introduce a new one, too!

(I know TNT has said no before, but that was before they had new bosses. :P )

I'm excited to see what changes are going to happen. Hopefully more events and such.

I just hope they don't get more involved in NC since we are a older group and can afford things... That would not be cool

Wolfie? lol I've never been called that, but I like it. :) I'm dreading any pet changes because I loved the original artwork of kougras, aishas, and xweetoks. Then it changed. I miss the original xweetok and kougra artwork. I'm hoping that they won't change the artwork, but a new pet would be cool.

MonkeyQuest belongs to Nickelodeon, so it won't be part of the site anymore. But people that had accounts still get to keep him.

Petpet Park will likely be the same as it has been.

And they're not going to make UC pets available. With all the drama they cause nowadays, I almost wish they converted all of them. Then people would have gotten over them quicker.

I really hope this means they'll skew closer to the original version of the site, rather than becoming even more restrictive with things like user and pet names, filters, etc. I'm going to try not to freak out before the next editorial, which will probably cover the "What about UCs? What about ancient accounts with iffy names? Will there be any changes to the filters?" sort of questions.

Hm.....not sure what to think yet. Unlike what most people said, I don't ever remember playing JumpStart games as a kid, I probably did, I just don't remember them XD Since the older audience is what intrigued the company into buying Neo, we shall see what changes come, I hope to see some good new things! Also kinda relieved the NC mall isn't going anywhere ^^; But maybe this will mean less NC tie-ins? I'd like to see them keep Delina out of the Faerie Quest event next year.

Anyway I'm always up for free NC (who isn't?) and cute new plushies, yay!

I can honestly say, I hope that they stop forcing NC on us. Like, I don't want to go on a page and just see something saying, "Hey, buy NC!!!!!" anymore. I know that it's a big source of income for them, and that's all fine and dandy, but I feel like all the pushing towards buying NC neither helps nor hinders peoples' decisions to buy it.

I kept my Desert Aisha UC. I think she's beautiful the way she is, and I'll never convert her. Then again, she's one of my oldest pets! :)