Any advantage to training higher for the battledome? when to stop?

Hi everyone

I would like to discuss with other people about thier plan for their battlepets?

things like, at what point others feel they will stop training or if anyone has already stopped because they feel their pet is strong enough?

I am now training with reds which is fine I can afford it etc however I am wondering is there any real point in training further? I can defeat anyone I need to now and so I wonder is there any reason to keep adding stats?

I know that my stats are average and some are a lot higher so I wondered why people continue? why do you keep training? when will you stop?

what is your battlepet plan?

just for interest here are my stats at present

Lvl : 260
Str : 512
Def : 364
Mov : 109
Hp : 541 / 526

You're pretty much where I would like to be. I think I will stop training my pet when it starts costing more than 1 red codestone :D I train for plots and avatars and so on and have no interest whatsoever in 2P battling so I'll stop when I can defeat most challengers.

You're pretty much where I would like to be. I think I will stop training my pet when it starts costing more than 1 red codestone :D I train for plots and avatars and so on and have no interest whatsoever in 2P battling so I'll stop when I can defeat most challengers.

I didnt have a particular number in mind I had the same kind of plan as you when I started so Im thinking I might stop soon

The way I did it - keeping my level below 300 I could go on adding stats on one red codestone for quite a while, but Im trying to work out if there is any point adding stats now

I didnt have a particular number in mind I had the same kind of plan as you when I started so Im thinking I might stop soon

The way I did it - keeping my level below 300 I could go on adding stats on one red codestone for quite a while, but Im trying to work out if there is any point adding stats now

I doubt you could beat Snowager on red though. :P

As everything else in Neopets, mostly it's just for the sense of achievement/bragging rights/etc. I would raise the defense to 500 first though, to keep it even. You might not beat most of war/plot bosses in 1 turn though, which will slow you down in grinding a lot of wins for plot points.

Oh yes there are challengers with thousands on their stats but that doesnt really interest me that much, TNT could just add a few more zero's but it wouldnt make it more fun for me.

yes I have thought about the one turn thing but it is really just half a dozen extra clicks to get to the same result, I read something that showed that the best strategy is to just whack your hp up as high as poss and you will win out that way simply having the staying power, but Im still thinking .. its just a few more clicks anyway

These stats seem good for 1P battles, and there probably really isn't much advantage anymore to training them further, but for people that battle against other players, there's pretty much always going to be someone that's stronger than them, and so they'll keep training just because that's what they enjoy. It's kind of like collecting avatars, there isn't really much benefits from it except for being able to show off and the feeling of achievement, and possibly some rivalry

I'll probably keep training my pet until I'm stronger or atleast about equal as one of my friends

Yes, it's only "a few more clicks" ... per battle. When you need to churn out hundreds (or thousands) of battles to earn the top tier in a war/plot, those add up quickly. It probably takes at least 1.5 times the amount of time, so if the 1-hit people need 1 hour/day, you'll need 1.5 hours per day during a plot. Then again, how much time does it take to earn the NP for the training? What else do you want to spend NP on? Maybe you have the spare time to spend to crank out the wins during an event, and since those are so rare, if you've got lots of other costly goals, maybe you should stop.

I know that I want to make sure I'm ready when battling starts because if you find out you need more training during a war, it's too late to make much difference. That being said, I've slowed down my training so that I only train when I have the codestones asked for (or I'll buy them if I had big winnings in Food Club). I slowed down once I was at the current max boost. Now I'm focusing on HP before getting to 3 reds (everything else is close to the non-existent "800" boost, and once I'm at 3 reds, they'll all be cheaper to item-train, anyway -- and I plan to slowly stockpile items so that I can either use them or sell them once more boosts are released or there's another event to drive up prices). I can't make myself stop completely when I know there are opponents that can still beat me, and that TNT might make future war opponents more difficult. But it's really a personal decision, based on what matters to you.

Thanks siniri plenty of thought provoking stuff there, I have almost decided to keep on training with the cheaper codestones mag sho and vux and refuse the others until I get to having to increase the amount of codestones.

Until TNT comes up with some new angle to make me keen to train I may as well just amble along, cant quite bring myself to stop training altogether lol

How high do your stats have to be before you unlock the ninja school?

You need to be at Level 250.

You can find out more about training at the Battlepedia. We have loads of guides about everything having to do with the Battledome. http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com

If you're looking for the training guide in particular, we have an overall guide about fast training here and also a guide about the Secret Ninja Training School here.

My battlepet plan is to get to 750 for all of her stats so I will have all green bars on the battldome page where it says "your pet is ready to fight". I know I'm the only one who will ever see that page, but that's my goal :) I might keep training her hit points after that, but it'll be quite awhile (probably a year or more) before she gets to the 750s so who really knows. I don't even fight that much other than getting my 15 items a day for battling. I'm considering turning my battlepet into a mutant lenny so she can look mean and intimidate her foes that way too. (I just don't think anyone is running in fear from a unicorn with butterfly wings in a prom dress.)

If you're feeling ambivalent towards training, I would suggest just training once a day or whenever you are online doing dailies or buying stock. If you're online anyway, you might as well toss him in the training school and make a little progress over time. Especially if it isn't the lack of codestones holding you back.