Carnival/Mardi Gras customizations, anyone? :D

Ohai guys! I'm from Brazil, and our Carnaval is right around the corner! I had bought a Carnival Headdress at the NC Mall some time ago because it was just like the headdresses we wear here, so I decided to try and customize one of my Cys, Carnaval-style!

Here she is (a little improvised, but still)

eq35.png

I understand not all of the US celebrates Mardi Gras (which is quite similar to Carnival), but I wonder if anyone else will customize their pets to party? :D

If I could customise my pets, I'd totally give one of them a Mardi Gras theme! Oh, that's right around the corner, isn't it? (Only New Orleans, ONE city in the USA, celebrates the holiday, unfortunately.)

(Only New Orleans, ONE city in the USA, celebrates the holiday, unfortunately.)

Awn, that's a shame! Guess I watched too much The Simpsons and ended up thinking lots of places in the US celebrate it :P

Yes, it officially begins this Friday, Feb. 28th, up to Ash Wednesday, March 5th.

Buuuut I'm travelling tomorrow and staying away till March 10th because, well, to heck with the system hahahaha! :D

Awn, that's a shame! Guess I watched too much The Simpsons and ended up thinking lots of places in the US celebrate it :P

Yes, it officially begins this Friday, Feb. 28th, up to Ash Wednesday, March 5th.

Buuuut I'm travelling tomorrow and staying away till March 10th because, well, to heck with the system hahahaha! :D

Yeah I wish more cities would celebrate it. I mean we know when Mardi Gras is and some cities outside New Orleans have parties for it, but only New Orleans makes a real deal out of it. :( I wish more cities celebrated it, I love carnival-like holidays.

That's funny because I was just working on me. Here is :

"working on me"? working on mine. doh! And btw - love your cybunny. The skirt, hat, the shoes - it all goes together really well!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

That's funny because I was just working on me. Here is Pearljay:

4_zps09983b82.png

A faerie Lenny is just perfect for a theme like this! Everything matches brilliantly.

Both customizations look so cool! That headdress is awesome.
Back when I was in high school, during Mardi Gras my French class would throw a party and we'd pig out on baguettes, Nutella, and tons of fruit.
Good times. <3

That's funny because I was just working on me. Here is Pearljay:

4_zps09983b82.png

"working on me"? working on mine. doh! And btw - love your cybunny. The skirt, hat, the shoes - it all goes together really well!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

WOW, Faerie Lennies look like they were made to celebrate Carnival!!! It's a perfect match! Awesome <3 <3

I ended up customizing three of my pets. I had so much fun! Any excuse to customize! I really wish more cities celebrated Mardi Gras.

Well here they are:

Adraegyn:

4.png

LillytheGrundo:

4.png

And Zerocinq is having a party at her house. She's a little more, New Orleans Garden District, I think. I'm not super psyched about her customization but there it is. lol

4.png

I'm liking all of the customizations in this thread, especially the Cybunny which I think definitely looks ready for the Brazilian Carnival!! :laughingsmiley:

As far as the celebration of Mardi Gras goes, New Orleans is definitely the largest city to celebrate Mardi Gras, but a lot of cities around the area/state go just as far as New Orleans, just with less people. I live in the state, and they're already shutting parts of major roads down to set up for parades a week in advance (For anyone confused as to when Mardi Gras is, it's this Tuesday.)

*sends some of his Mardi Gras to everyone else*

LillytheGrundo - I love all three of your pets' customs! The individual masks go well with each pet. The kougra looks like a higher class (and dark) lady who comes out to play at night.

The Mardi Gras celebration in SF is pretty weak compared to other places (not even talking about New Orleans). It kind of surprises me because the city is usually pretty good at throwing parties.

I love all of the outfits here :D

Make me want to break out my feathers and parrrtyyyy~

& dance like the birds in Rio

leverhelven, the look for your Eventide bunny really works.

The color always gives me an impression of being beautiful and well, starry. It's a really nice surprise to see it does party so well! :D

I was just thinking that Zephyr!! My daughter absolutely loves Rio!!!

That Faerie Lenny is perfect and reminds me so much of the opening scene in Rio with all the different birds singing and dancing in flight.

Great job on the customizations everyone!!

Unfortunately I don't have anything to dress my pets up to look like they're ready to party.

I love all of the outfits here :D

Make me want to break out my feathers and parrrtyyyy~

& dance like the birds in Rio

leverhelven, the look for your Eventide bunny really works.

The color always gives me an impression of being beautiful and well, starry. It's a really nice surprise to see it does party so well! :D

I love the movie Rio because, well, I'm fom Rio! And its director is from Rio as well, and he portrayed everything perfectly <3

Makes me wish I had a blue Pteri to customize as Blu!

• 1 month later...

I love the pets, everyone! I wish I was patient and creative enough to do that with my own pets...but I'm uninterested in NC wearables for myself. It's great to see others get creative, tho! :happydance:

I live in California and Ive seen parties, clubs, and small parades for Mardi Gras but I feel that one has to take a pilgrimage to New Orleans for Mardi Gras lol

Cute idea! I'm gonna see what I've got and see if I can pull together a mardi gras theme for one of my pets. We celebrate Mardi Gras here in Orlando and we celebrated in my old town in Indiana as well. I think it's most famous in New Orleans but I wouldn't say it's the only place in the US to celebrate it.