Olympics 2014

blueberrykiwi141

Oooh, Winter Olympics are so... different! :D Like, to me they're pretty exotic, since I live in a tropical country and our winters are barely cold at all. I love watching the snow and the ice sports, it's so pretty-looking!

Today I saw an ice-skating duo that danced (is that the right word?) to the sound of Swan Lake. I think they were representing Russia but I'm not sure. Does anyone know where they were from? Swan Lake is one of my passions. <3

On the other hand, hotel conditions in Sochi seem to be pretty bad. It's funny and sad at the same time when you read about it. Geesh.

I'm really hoping that I can catch Curling and Ice Hockey. I don't really care for the other sports, but I will be really disappointed if I'm busy during those events, especially the ice hockey Gold Medal match.

Hockey is my sport :) I love NHL hockey but I also really enjoy the Olympics hockey. The females playing tend to be not so exciting since the games are always landslides....but the males can be very competitive. I can't wait for the games to start :)

I like some of the other ones like skating and skiing, it's fun to see all the different things that go on during the Olympics.

Oooh, Winter Olympics are so... different! :D Like, to me they're pretty exotic, since I live in a tropical country and our winters are barely cold at all. I love watching the snow and the ice sports, it's so pretty-looking!

Today I saw an ice-skating duo that danced (is that the right word?) to the sound of Swan Lake. I think they were representing Russia but I'm not sure. Does anyone know where they were from? Swan Lake is one of my passions. <3

On the other hand, hotel conditions in Sochi seem to be pretty bad. It's funny and sad at the same time when you read about it. Geesh.

They were indeed reprenting Russia.

I've watched most of the team ice skating competition. It was so pretty.

I watch most of the stuff except for figure skating. Hockey and the freestyle snowboarding and skiing are my favourite though. Really glad slopestyle made it in this year.

Go Canada Go *pom poms*

haven't watched any of it but heard on the radio that the guy representing The Netherlands for Ice skating (not figures) had already won a gold medal :D

I usually watch that and then whatever is on, once I start watching its hard to stop :p

I wish I could have watched USA's ice skate performance (does anyone have a video link, by the way?). I'm curious to see the performance that led to the Olympics new meme :P Such a low mark they got. Makes me think of the old rivalries between the US and Russia...

Well, today I decided to sit and watch curling (Men's team, Sweden vs Canada). And... It was really interesting!!! :P

I always thought curling was kinda crazy, but that's because I didn't know how it worked. It's still very different, but definitely interesting.

Then my Mom came to the room and asked: "What the heck is that? Are they sweeping the floor?"

And then I tried to explain curling to her... and she said "Well that's crazy." :P :P One day I'll convince her...

(ps: Sweden's capitain was so handsome! hahaha :D )

I only watched the figure skating events in this year's Olympics but that's about it. So far I think I liked the opening ceremony the most although for me it was hard to hear what the announcer was saying and I couldn't really tell what was going on after watching it for so long.

Middle Eastern and African countries participate as well. Some places have indoor training centers, some athletes travel to other countries to train.

I love the Olympics, both Winter and Summer versions.

For the Winter Olympics, I usually follow the figure skating/ice dancing, all the downhill skiing events, speed skating, and snowboarding.

Speed skating and snowboard cross are probably my favorites to watch. I love the little 'click' sound that the speed skates make on the ice, and it's nice when they show video from the camera that follows the racers around-- you can almost feel the speed. :D And snowboard cross is just exciting, since you never know who is going to wipe out.

Tonight on TV they are going to show the women's figure skating competition, so I'm excited for that to start soon!

But the problems with Sochi's hotels continue... Just saw this video and I'm totally shocked. :ohno:

Seriously, I thought my country would be greatest shame in Olympic-hosting History, in 2016, buuuut now I think it's gonna be hard for us to beat Sochi.