How do you decide your Faction?

Kyurri

Most people pick which team they still don't have the avatar for. If they already have all the avatars, then it comes down to which boons they like the most. For me it's the Stock Market boon, so I pick whichever faction has that one. More than one does, so it boils down to if they have another boon I may also be interested in that I may want instead.

I got all the avatars on their first run through, so I try to choose the one that most TDN members still need avatars for. :3

I would love to know about that pool too, I still need all 6 avatars and site themes. So I would love to make it easier.

what poll is that? i still need 3 avatars so i always pick the one which i dont have yet

You can find it here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/39205-which-faction-are-you-joining-for-the-14th-round/

But there is a new poll for every round.

I choose the faction I don't have the avatar for. I am still trying to get the Order avatar... Hopefully I'll get lucky this time :)

Other than that, like some other people have been doing, I pick the faction with my favourite boons :)

well the first few times i went with my instincts and lost .. then i started following the system : pick whatever faction most people are joining - or the faction that didn't win a lot before :) now i need only one avatar so im joining the Order

During the war, I picked the faction that most appealed to me (the Order).

After that, I chose my faction depending on which one(s) I still needed to get the avatars for.

I finally got my last avatar in the skirmish before last, so now I just bandwagon and try to help out for those who are still avatar hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only chosen once so far, but I chose according to which faction had the most votes for who was joinging them (at the time of my choosing anyway). I'm not sure that's the best way because, although my faction did win, the faction that ended up with the most votes wasn't the winner :S

Edit: (I'm talking about the 15th round)

• 2 weeks later...

I usually pick out of fictional pull -- as in whichever one appeals to me in a narrative kinda way. I like to really get into the concept of battling it out and choosing my allegiances.

I always picked based on what avi I still needed, but got the last one on the last round. I was planning to go with the masses to help out, but, it looks like that doesn't always win, so, not sure how much help that is.

I also saw someone in an earlier post say they went for the boon they wanted.. Sorry if this is a newbie type question, but is there somewhere that shows which boons can be gotten with each fraction? I love the quest refresh one...occasionally, you can get the battle faerie that way :)

• 3 months later...

Awe, so nice people are picking the factions people still need the avatars for!

I had all 6 avatars and side themes but I have to start over (account was stolen yesterday). But since a friend on neopets would tell me which factions she still needed, I would always join whatever faction she joined. They finally got all the avatars...I guess she has to help ME now haha.

I will try to see what you all are voting for in future rounds! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got all the avatars already. So for now, I usually go for either the faction that someone I know needs the avatar from, OR, I go with the majority on the poll topics that are started here at TDN forums. The polls aren't always right, but they're a good indicator imho.

My original Faction was The Order, so I like to rejoin them now and then too.