What stats do I need to take out the big guys?

AJ11

Im curious to know what level and stats I will need to have to be able to take out the hardest opponents at the obelisk on their highest hp setting..without taking a hit to my hp that is (using lens flare and warlocks rage)

Does anyone know?

Also what stats do you need to do it in one hit? (without losing my own hp)

Obviously it depends on weapon power as well so as an example two Dr sloths personal bath buddies - 14 icon weapons

I can 2 hit KO the bosses on the easiest difficulty for the skirmish, and since I too have Warlocks rage and Lens flare I don't take any damage.

My stats are all crazy because of the labray:

Hit Points: 593 / 593
Strength: ULTIMATE (209)
Defence: GREAT (29)
Movement: LEGENDARY (103)
Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (340)

I use Kelpbeard Trident and a Scroll of knowledge. (worth around 16 to 24+11 so lets say 31 icons of damage average)

The difficulty on the hardest is double of the easiest. 225 on easy, 450 on hardest difficulty.

If you only have 28 icons, and want to do a 1 or 2 hit KO (so without losing HP) I think you would need a strength level of 450 or more. With 28 icons, and a strength of 450 you would do 273 damage. That would be a total damage of 546. I don't know how much HP they have, but if it's 450 you will win in two turns.

One strength boost lower would only do 210 per round, so a total of 420 in 2 hits without blocking, I'm pretty sure that won't be enough. Most opponents have equal or more HP then the stated difficulty.

Maybe someone who can actually beat them can give better advise.

Lvl : 252
Str : 352
Def : 333
Mov : 80
Hp : 330 / 330

^Stats of my battle pet. He can kill them on their hardest difficulty in 2 turns, without taking any damage. I was already able to do so during the Obelisk war per say, and that was before gaining access to the Ninja school.

Lvl : 252

Str : 352

Def : 333

Mov : 80

Hp : 330 / 330

^Stats of my battle pet. He can kill them on their hardest difficulty in 2 turns, without taking any damage. I was already able to do so during the Obelisk war per say, and that was before gaining access to the Ninja school.

That is impressive

Im level 251

strength 301

defence 300

HP 305

I can deal with the hardest opponents in their second hardest in two hits without taking damage

curious to know if there is a weapon that could make a big difference without costing the earth and allow me to take out the baddies on hardest in one go?

The difference between us is either the strength boost that you got at level 350 or the weapons you use .... Im curious to find out which?

Turn one : Warlocks Rage + Ghostkerbomb + Kelpbeards Trident

Turn two : Lens Flare + Kelpbeards Trident + Bow of Destiny

Battle set:

ros_bd_ylanasblaster.gif
Ylanas Blaster
bd_freezeray_random.gif
Randomly Firing Freeze Ray
bd_nq2_destiny_bow.gif
Bow of Destiny
bvs_heal3.gif
Greater Healing Scroll
bd_purple_stickyhand.gif
Purple Sticky Hand
bd_kelpbeard_trident.gif
Kelpbeards Trident
bd_gold_vine.gif
Faerie Tabard
bd_ghostkerchief_bomb.gif
Ghostkerbomb

wow just looked at some of your weapons and the ghostkerbomb looks pretty good as an upgrade for me but 7 million ... ouch!

I suppose if I want to deal with the obelisk baddies though I may have to bite the bullet and pay up though ... sigh

If I'm doing the math right: Using duel anagram swords and/or Kelpbeards Trident, you can reliably 2 hit KO them at the 350 boost (min. damage of 488). You would also be likely, though not guaranteed, to do it at the 300 boost (averaging around 468). If you add a Ghostkerbomb into the mix, you can reliably do it at the 300 boost (min. damage of 453). That's all pretty expensive, though.

really interesting all this.. so in everyone's opinion is the ghostkerbomb the best upgrade to get? or is there something else thats better value for NP? They cost 7.5 million at the hidden tower

It says it has limited use, does that mean you can only use it once per battle? or does it go bang at some point and that is it gone forever?

right thanks for your help.... so how do you think it rates against for example kelpbeards trident?

if you had to have one or the other to improve things in the obelisk battles which would you choose?

I would get the trident first, as it can be used more than time per battle :)

right thanks, I can see that would be a better bet more hp hit with being able to use it more than once ... sigh.. goes off to see what np can be scraped up

And too bad you waited til after the hidden tower discount. I hope you can find one for the same price at the trading post if you're buying one right now. Otherwise you'll have to wait a month if you want it "cheap".

I love the trident, works great, but look out when facing reflectors!

I bought the bomb ..couldnt find the extra for the trident and was all excited and wanted it NOW ... sigh

but Im working on getting the trident soon so how much will I get off at the hidden tower if I go in a month? oh no I bet it could have saved me oodles on the bomb too ??

Didnt even realise there were reduced times :sad01_anim:

sometimes I can be annoyingly naive considering how long I have been on neopets

PS edit: I am having real BLAST with the bomb though :woot:

3% phew could have been worse I suppose like 10% then I would have just cried lol

am saving up ... however I have done the maths and if I am right the next strength boost I get with the weapons I now have should allow me to beat the big baddies on extreme all day long without a scratch ...mwhahahaaar :medieval: yes Im practicing my evil laugh in preparation :evil:

Let's double check your math!

If you're using Ghostkerbomb + Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy + Lens Flare on the first turn, and then 2x DSPBB + Warlocks Rage on the second turn, you'll do a minimum of 14 x 3 + 21 = 63 icons and a maximum of 14 x 3 + 30 = 72 icons, with an average of 14 x 3 + 25 = 67 icons.

The hardest Obelisk challengers have 450 HP on mighty, so in order to have a chance at killing them in two turns, you'll need a strength boost of 450/72 = 6.25, meaning your strength would need to be above 300. In order to finish them off on average, you'll need a strength boost of 450/67 = 6.71, meaning your strength would need to be above 350. In order to definitely finish them off each time, you'll need a boost of 450/63 = 7.14 - which, because the boosts jump from 6.5 to 7.5, is also any strength above 350.

You're awfully close. Good luck!

well I never was any good at math lol

thanks for doing that, I bet I got a D didnt I .. :arrowhead: . :rolleyes_anim:

• 1 month later...