Favorite Species to Customize?

What is your favorite species to customize? Why? Are there species specific clothing you prefer, or a color base you think works the best on that specific species? Feel free to link to a current customization of that species you are particularly proud of, or a customization you one day hope to achieve. I love to see everyone's creativity!

I definitely think that species that are bi-pedal are the easiest. I have a much easier time coming up with customizations for my Shoyru rather than my Aisha. I'm not surprised by the massive popularity of Blumaroos now- they must be the easiest to dress nicely, since they almost have human like proportions. The Shoyru has a weird belly, Kacheeks are short arms and legs, etc.

I like how Koi is dressed up usually. They have a very unique proportion. You can design them to look like boss characters...

Since my main pet is a Lupe. It's sometimes very hard to get the right customization. I wish TNT can make the lupe stand upright like in Altador.

I definitely agree with Rebecca that the more humanoid pets (2-legged) are usually multitudes easier to customize. Clothes tend to lay better on them without getting as distorted, and then there's the whole issue where the majority of shoes, when put on 4-legged pets, only cover 2 feet...

Personally I find Kacheeks easiest to customize. If I had the heart to clear out a couple Unis from my main, I would definitely get Kacheeks. Any piece of clothing I've ever tried to put on a Kacheek just looks good with their body shape. Wigs especially are often most kind to Kacheeks compared to most other species.

That being said, I love my Unis and, though it tends to be a little more challenging to find clothes that look good on them, I usually enjoy it.

As for colours, I personally have an easier time customizing solid bases or very subtle-coloured pets, whereas patterned pets offer more of a challenge, because it's harder to find clothes that fit their body, don't clash with the colour, and don't overwhelm the colour. If I'm going to take the time and money to paint a pet with a pattern (eventide, water, etc), I want to make sure their colour is visible and plays an important part in what they're wearing.

I personally feel that Draiks and Kacheeks are so popular because a lot of people love the way they can customise them.

Most prefer bipedal pets, which are pets I have barely any of. I'm not sure why, but I think before customisation I was always drawn to the four legged pets (Kougras, Lupes, Aishas, etc), and still am. Even though I depict them more as anthro and they have a more human looking design when I draw them....I guess I just don't pay that much attention to species. That said, despite the Aishas being on all fours, I find them among the most fun with their slender bodies. Many types of dresses look great on them. Gender is also an issue however - most of my pets are male, which is harder to customise.

I also have a couple of Korbats, both who live on different accounts, and they're rather easy to customise as well.

I don't have a favourite, really. That's mostly why I like the lab ray, so I can customize different pets without committing to a specific species or having to pound a pet when I get bored.

However, I do look at a lot of customizations for my Nice Neopets tumblr, and Kacheek/Draiks appear to be a favourite amongst the community.

• 3 weeks later...

I just LOVE Cybunnies in general, but because of that "mane" they have around their neck, MOST dresses and shirts look horrible on them, because they barely appear at all! I'ts very frustrating, really. Also, collars and scarves get almost completely covered by the same "mane"...

My favourite pet to customise is my shoyru :) They are pretty easy and can have very diverse looks (cute or creepy etc.) I really don't like the way draiks are usually customised in wigs and dresses... Although they seem easy to customise and are pretty neat for that reason, I find that when they are dressed up in fairy dresses and wigs, they just look like creepy little old women... But that is probably just me ;)

I just LOVE Cybunnies in general, but because of that "mane" they have around their neck, MOST dresses and shirts look horrible on them, because they barely appear at all! I'ts very frustrating, really. Also, collars and scarves get almost completely covered by the same "mane"...

Yes, for example, that Air Faerie Bubble Necklace. Anyway, I think Bori are the most beautiful to customize, yet very difficult to make them look good. I'd say Kacheeks and Non-magma pets or any outlined painted pets are easy to customize, and many others just don't look as much as flattering to me XD

• 2 months later...

The species I find easiest to customize are Blumaroo, Kacheek, Xweetok and Hissi. I guess I prefer the bi-pedals. Things like skirts and dresses drape very nicely on Xweetoks, and are hit or miss with the Blumaroos and Kacheeks; the skirt will balloon out at an awkward and unrealistic angle.

Base colors... for Hissi, I like Brown the most; Desert is a nice tan tone, but I can't deal with the blue spots. Maractite looks pretty nice, but I don't think I'd paint a Hissi that color cause it limits my customizations. Xweetok I like White (but not the heavy black stripes), Striped, Chocolate, and Water. Blumaroo I'd go for Purple, White, maybe even Custard, though I don't like the dripping lines in the drawing, just the color. And Kacheek, I'd go Grey or White.

Oh, and Unis are the only neopet species that seems to look good in Woodland.

Best colors are basic Brown and White, Eventide, Water, Purple, Transparent (just cool)

Ugly colors (to me) Split, Camo, Swamp Gas (?!), Pirate, most Speckled and Camo, Glowing, Dimensional

I love my quadrupeds! Lupes and Eyries are so great. The ones on my main aren't very dressed up (my Darigan Lupe kind of is) but the ones on my side account are a Shenkuu warrior and Moltaran inventor, respectively. And I only used NP items on them cause my Hissi and Peophin get the pretty NC items.

• 1 month later...

I prefer to customize Bruces; nearly everything they can wear looks adorable on them. I specifically bought the Headless Cape because it's clearly on top of his head, just like a headless horseman costume would look in the real world. The only downside is that zapping or painting them almost always leads to yet another bowtie crowding up my closet.