New Hidden Tower Weapon!

Lamppost

This new weapon is available at a "hidden location in Faerieland," a.k.a. the Hidden Tower.

bd_fan_swords_ht.gif

Oh, I'll just cool myself down... Ouch! Ouch!

If you have any additional information about this weapon, please Contact Us!

I would have bought this if it dealt 2 more icons for that price .... Oh well, I they have a new healer next time...

16.8M.. that's about 2 months worth of income on Neopets...

I would have bought this if it dealt 2 more icons for that price .... Oh well, I they have a new healer next time...

Woah, only 2 months?! That's very impressive. ;) It'd easily take me over a year to even get close. lol

From the info I saw in the BP, it's pretty strong, and blocks some physical, but it seems that the anagram swords and the PIrate Catpains Cutlass have a slightly better average offensively. Although, if someone were really into higher tier dual-duty weapons, they might consider it.

And I agree, the art is pretty sharp! :)

It would take me 2-3 years for that price.

17 attack 5 physical def is good, however HT shields block it easily.

Not exactly worth its price.

"A new weapon has been released in the hidden tower. It looks pretty fancy and with a price tag shy of 17 million NP. It has some potential to be good. On that note,Hubrids Noxious Blade, Island Mystics Staff, Meuka Snot Trail, Rainbow Clockwork Grundo and Regulation Meridell Crossbow have been retired." -JN

Fancybears! It's lovely art. 16.5mil is pretty steep; is blocking 5 physical really that important? Any other battlers care to weigh in? Not that I'd consider buying it, but I'm curious to see what you call think about it.

Rusty Pitchfork attacks with 11 icons and also blocks 5 physical for 700k. 6 attack icons more for 14.3m NP more expensive? I'd rather not.

This wins head to head against anagrams: 17 icons vs. ~16 icons.

Review:

Power to price (2/5):

This attacks with 17 icons and defends with 5 physical. Rusty Pitchfork does 6 attack icons less and costs 14.3 million less. 14.3 million NP more just for 5 physical block and 1 less attack icon? Not too worth it.

Tactical Value (3/5)

HNMS reduces this to 2.5 Dark, which can be easily blocked by HCC. Dr. Sloth's Armour reduces this to 4.5 Air while FTab allows 1.5 Air, 2.5 Light and 2.5 Dark through and GShield lets 1.5 air and 2.5 water pass through it unscathed. FTab + GShield reduces this to ashes. Beats all anagrams by 1 icon on average and KTrident by 4 icons.

Others (1 Bonus)

Nice design...

Conclusion: (Final Score 6/10)

This does well against the anagram swords, and gets a only a little through against most HT shields. For those with high budgets, you can consider this a a stepping stone to Ghostkersword and Sword of White Lies.

Edit: 15m from nalare's TP price (subject to change as this is a new item)