Burried Treasure Avatar Strategy

crazy_cat_luv_bb

The avatar is given random, everybody knew that already. What I want people to discuss here is that whether or not they should choose a random tile each time or choose the only one tile every time and wait for luck?

In my opinion, the second option is more relevant because it's like choosing the exact question and answer for grumpy old king/ hagan king and wait for one day you would get the avvie. The 1st option I think is better for who's lucky and who's impatience.

What's your idea about it?

Actually, the treasure drifts around, and you're more likely to find it if you move with it. I have strong reason to suspect that it's even letter-group dependent (like the shop wizard), because when I've shared links of the current location, my friend whose username starts with the same letter as mine often also finds NP, whereas my friends in different letter groups do not (and vice versa). I don't know how many different "treasures" there are -- it might only be 2 or 3 (vs. the 13 groups in the SW). There's often a thread on the Neoboards with the current "location" shared by various users. There's also a petpage guide explaining which prizes are associated with the treasure and which are not, but I've lost the link.

I'd been playing Buried Treasure for years before I started trying to follow the treasure. Once I did, not only did my winnings increase substantially, but I also got the avatar within 2 months.

Also, it's not just each tile- you actually pick a pixel in that tile. Look at the URL the next time you play- it gives you a 000x000 coordinate. Unless you are able to pick the same exact spot every time (or you bookmark the page), you wouldn't be able to stay. And because there are so many choice, and because the treasure moves around, you are that much more unlikely to find te treasure if you stay in one spot.

Generally, I pick randomly. If I'm less lazy, or in a hurry, I head to the neoboards to find a current winning link. :) No luck with the avatar yet, but I generally win at least a couple hundred!

Yes, that's true, Rebecca, but the treasure area is usually a few pixels wide and a few pixels high (maybe ~10 in either direction). Still not nearly as big as a tile, though. Even if you click in a treasure area, you won't always get a prize -- but your odds will definitely go up!

Here are two recent hotspots (you can click the link, or click in a nearby area in case the treasure started to drift):

http://www.neopets.com/pirates/buriedtreasure/buriedtreasure.phtml?341,240

http://www.neopets.com/pirates/buriedtreasure/buriedtreasure.phtml?245,339

I always pick the same tile every time, but I've been converted! I'm going to start checking out the NeoBoards to find the treasure. Is it usually on the Avatar Chat?

I always just click randomly. I actually look away and just click. I don't know how long it took me, but I've gotten the avatar and I get some type of reward a lot more frequently than when I tried to click in the same general area.

I always pick the same tile every time, but I've been converted! I'm going to start checking out the NeoBoards to find the treasure. Is it usually on the Avatar Chat?

There's usually one on most of the boards. The avatar chat and the game chat basically always have one that's active. Charter usually has one as well, but as the board is slower, I find it's mostly useless.

When I first started playing the buried treasure, I found some pretty large NP amounts, Like 20k amounts. The last time that happened was YEARS ago though. LOL

I'm lucky if I find a dubloon of fistful of NP. However, SOMEHOW I did get hold of the Scallywags avatar. Like the Snowager avatar, I never knew about it. My guess is that something prevented the page(s) from loading properly. I usually screenshot my avatars or larger accomplishments for my own personal records. But those two avatars are not in my archive. Yet they ARE in my avatar selection list.

If I DO find a bit of NP or decent prize, I try to click around that same area. Sometimes I hit paydirt, but usually I miss. LOL Would LOVE to find the jackpot someday. LOL Maybe my luck, and intution for finding things will turn back around someday. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I'm scanning through this board trying to figure out what game you guys are talking about :( help me out, I want to play/try

http://www.neopets.com/pirates/buriedtreasure/index.phtml

This is the game we are talking about. You randomly pick a spot, and you can win a prize, and if you're lucky, the Aisha Scalawag avatar.

http://www.neopets.com/pirates/buriedtreasure/index.phtml

This is the game we are talking about. You randomly pick a spot, and you can win a prize, and if you're lucky, the Aisha Scalawag avatar.

Oh thank you! I just tried it, I found the treasure on the first go!! :) ... no I'm totally joking, but 300nps each turn, ouch! I'll play a few more times

• 1 month later...

I had a go at this but couldnt get my computer to show the co ordiantes, so I couldnt use the information available to help me go to the right spot to find anything

I am using chrome do I need a different browser? has this happened to anyone else please?

I had a go at this but couldnt get my computer to show the co ordiantes, so I couldnt use the information available to help me go to the right spot to find anything

I am using chrome do I need a different browser? has this happened to anyone else please?

It's happened to me. I also use Chrome, and I can't see the coordinates.