Having Two Accounts

angelicapickles

I read the article about having a main account and a side account, and now I have a question. I have an account and my sister also has an account. The two accounts were created with separate email addresses and we are neofriends. However, I have teamed up with my sister and am using her account (making it the main account) and currently am using my original account as a side account. I play on both accounts, but on different web browsers, so I don't keep logging in and out of the 2 accounts. What I usually do is put an item up for sale on the main account (for about 20,000 NP) and buy it using the side account. When I buy the item on the side account, I am still only on the main account (on a different web browser). Will TNT get suspicious/freeze my account for this? Thanks!

Whoa, this is totally not okay. Your sister's account is your sister's account, and you should not have access to it for ANY reason. You are cheating, and if TNT gets wind of it, both accounts will be frozen. I recommend stopping right away, and play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Each person is meant to have only ONE main account (that they themselves made!)- and all of the games and stuff are to be played on that account alone. Side accounts are for galleries and pet storage only.

TNT has their ways- they've had years to figure out patterns of what people do when they're cheating. They can track account activity, and unusual or suspicious activity pings them. I'm not going to give you a checklist of the things you're doing wrong so you can get better at cheating. >.>

Yeah, what Rebecca said. What you're doing is against Neopets rules and if they manage to figure it out, then both accounts will get frozen.

Okay but HOW would TNT catch on since I am not constantly logging in and out between the two accounts (actually never) and am online when the transactions occur?

They will probably notice that an account is being used for nothing but making NP and keeping none of it.

One way they could track, is via IP addresses. And as already mentioned, there are many other ways to track down what you're doing. you had really better stop and just play your own account. Hopefully you will stop before TNT catches you and you have to start over completely. If caught cheating, it is unlikely that you'll ever get your account(s) back. Regardless of how much you plead and beg. So please play on the straight and narrow from now on.

Yes, IP is very easy to track. For instance, I can tell with your IP that you are the same person who sent us a ticket since you are using the same IP (and pretty much the same text too...)

• 1 year later...

The IP address is going to be the same whether he/she is playing or the sister is playing. I am not encouraging them to cheat, but when my son and I first created our accounts many years ago, we had one desk top computer. He would log in, play his neopets on his account. Later on, I would play mine. It was obviously the same IP address.

Obviously neopets knows by our playing habits, email address, age, etc, that we are different people, because he plays WAY different games than I do. LOL. I love the word games and my son does NOT!! lol.

The point is, neopets has their ways of finding out. They have frozen many accounts. So don't cheat. Just don't. Don't try to justify it. You will pay the price. If you must play the way you are, get a side account, your own side account, and read the rules of side accounts.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant. This thread is a year old, and the question has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.