Tricked myself out of NP :(

srahski

Noooo, I can't believe I was so stupid! I had a Baby PB on trades for 570k, someone offered 570 and I accepted without even thinking! So now I've just lost out on 569,430np because I was a bit stupid and didn't check everything properly :( :(

Yeah, unfortunately, this isn't a warnable offense at all. :( Just like when you misprice something in your shop, offering a small amount on a trade is perfectly allowable.

What isn't allowed is badgering the seller and trying to convince them that their item is worth less than it is.

I'm sorry this happened- it's always such a blow when you miss out on a whole bunch of NP like that, even if it's not a "lot" to you. :(

EDIT: Whoops, apparently I read something either outdated, or completely wrong. Ignore me~

Like hrtbrk said, this is 100% considered scamming. It will be good to contact the user first just to make sure that it's not an accident on their part (i.e. newbie who don't know the real price). I believe you might still have the event log?

AHH!! I go to sleep and come back to all these lovely comments! Thanks guys! It's not "a lot" of NP to me, sure it was a great bonus to my bank account and I love getting a chunk of NP at once but it really was my own stupidity that did it, I know that you need to check over and over again just in case someone will try and get away with a tiny offer but after a long day at work I wasn't concentrating properly :( *sigh*

I didin't think of reporting to TNT because I figured it was my own fault for accepting, but I will now that you guys have mentioned it and it's been in the editorials so much.

Oh well, we'll see what comes of it. I can't seem to find their username atm but I'm hoping it's stored in my computer at home. Sadly I checked and it's a 3 day old account so I'm guessing the person knew what they were doing and just used another account to do it. BUT all is not lost! I logged on to neo this morning and a lovely person's gifted me a pb so thank you so much for that :D :D

AHH!! I go to sleep and come back to all these lovely comments! Thanks guys! It's not "a lot" of NP to me, sure it was a great bonus to my bank account and I love getting a chunk of NP at once but it really was my own stupidity that did it, I know that you need to check over and over again just in case someone will try and get away with a tiny offer but after a long day at work I wasn't concentrating properly :( *sigh*

I didin't think of reporting to TNT because I figured it was my own fault for accepting, but I will now that you guys have mentioned it and it's been in the editorials so much.

Oh well, we'll see what comes of it. I can't seem to find their username atm but I'm hoping it's stored in my computer at home. Sadly I checked and it's a 3 day old account so I'm guessing the person knew what they were doing and just used another account to do it. BUT all is not lost! I logged on to neo this morning and a lovely person's gifted me a pb so thank you so much for that :D :D

Still try and see if you can report the user...you'll help protect others from being scammed. :) And I'm glad to hear some kind person did that for you!

Still try and see if you can report the user...you'll help protect others from being scammed. :) And I'm glad to hear some kind person did that for you!

Yeah I will report it once I work out who it was :P That's my biggest worry though, other people being scammed. Especially since this *is* a kids site (or was, there's such a mix of people now) and it's just supposed to be fun so I don't like the idea that people could be scamming younger people or people who don't expect to be scammed.

Yeah I will report it once I work out who it was :P That's my biggest worry though, other people being scammed. Especially since this *is* a kids site (or was, there's such a mix of people now) and it's just supposed to be fun so I don't like the idea that people could be scamming younger people or people who don't expect to be scammed.

Like hrtbrk said, you can report them without knowing their username,

Like hrtbrk said, you can report them without knowing their username,

Oh yeah!! I'll definitely do that later tonight if I cen't find the name. I know I searched them so i'm hoping the un is still stuck in my history somewhere on my home computer.

Thanks for all your help guys, and all your "ugh! sorry" comments, it cheered me up! I just felt so stupid yesterday coz I should know better, but I'm sure everyone's done it, in 10 years on neo I've probably done it a couple of times -_-

I had someone offer 110NP on my 110k lab map piece once and I was just about to click accept when thankfully I realised! It's really strange how the brain just sees what it wants to see even though the number is a whole 3 digits shorter than it should be!

I'm sorry that happened to you. Let us know how it goes, won't you?

Yeah, definitely something you can report, keep us updated for sure!! Also, one reason I think our brains sometimes "trick" us into seeing what we want is because we usually type something as 110k or 570k, not 110,000 etc, so when we see that 110 or 570 offer, it looks so similar to the way we shorten things in TP etc, that we just automatically make the connection to the number we were expecting. Annoying, but it happens... thankfully it is a reportable offense now :)

• 1 month later...