Age of players on neopets?

AJ11

So far, I seem to be the only one who is actually around the age the site is aimed at :P

I'm 13 and have been playing since I was 8 or 9 years old.

Well I think for a lot of people they did start playing at the age "the site is aimed at" but they never stopped and since Neo has been around for over a decade many are well into their 20s now. As is the case for me, I started playing at 11/12 and now I'm 24.

However, I heard somewhere that the site was created with the target of 'bored college kids' in mind, so if they latched on to that demographic initially as well, those people would be in their 30s by now. And with young kids (who maybe weren't even born when Neo was launched) discovering it all the time, there's going to be players of all ages for years to come.

So far, I seem to be the only one who is actually around the age the site is aimed at :P

I'm 13 and have been playing since I was 8 or 9 years old.

Don't worry! I'm even younger than you! (and Khaos) lol

I'm 12 and been playing since May 1, 2009.

I discovered neopets when I was really young and it first came out. I remember the morbid little sky lodge mystery. I lost interest and didn't play again until university during the time I shoud have been studying for exams :rolleyes_anim: I'm 25 and my boyfriend definitely teases me about it, but affectionately. I played it way too much for awhile (some of you may remember my great neopoint give away on here). I usually only play now while I watch tv or during events.

24, played since I was 13. If one of my classmates had not introduced me to it I might have never signed up. Too bad I am stuck with a old nickname though :D

Had a hiatus for years but always came back. Now I am a regular active player again :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm 16, almost 17, and I've been playing since I was around 9-10? I remember when the 'cool' thing to do in elementary school was go hang out on neopets with your friends after school. Eventually, my friends grew out of it and I guess I just never did. My mom always tells me that I'm too old to be playing, but then I show her things like this thread and she stops bothering me for awhile, haha.

seems most people are in their 20's here then, still looking to see if anyone is as old as I am ... I might confess later just how old that is lol

19. Played it when I was 13-14, but I stopped when my account got frozen for no apparent reason. Too lazy to appeal at that time because my grades were average.

Used to play it mainly for BD purposes, right now I just derp around in stocks.

I'm 19 (20 in 3 months), and I've been playing Neopets since somewhere in the 1st few months after the site opened. I stopped playing for a couple years in high school, but made a new account almost 2 years ago and started up again.

*sigh*.. Just turned 38 yesterday, been playing off and on for about 12 years.. My Mom actually got me into it, she'll be 60 this year and still plays; her boyfriend does as well.. My boyfriend teases the heck outta me for still playing, but since Neopets classifies themselves as an all ages site now, I tell him to just stuff it :P

I'm seventeen. I've been playing ever since I was seven or eight.. it's kind of crazy to think about, since there's one girl I met on there way back when I was a kid and we still keep in touch on Facebook nowadays, so I've known her over half my life because of this site - I've known her longer than any other friend I have.

im 24, I started playing when neopets was released more or less, played for around 2 years and quit. I came back around a year ago. Nostalgia ftw, and I think neopets is amazing

I started when I was 8 or 9, but my accounts kept getting frozen and I gave up and totally forgot about the site when I started middle school. I got back into it when a classmate of mine mentioned it about a year ago. I'm 16 (almost 17) now and I spend way too much time on Neopets. It's all a secret from my friends/family though, they'd make fun of me if they knew.

interesting to hear that the majority of the people on here are around my age.

I'm 23. I'm a masculine rugged kind of dude and nobody in-person knows I go on Neopets.

I know that if any of my friends found out I would never hear the last of it.