Surprise Attack Enters Battledome!

hrtbrk

I wonder if the achievements are delayed in appearing on the page. I got one of the 4th wave achievements on the first day, but it didn't show up as complete until the third day (and I didn't do any other battling after the first day).

wht happened? yesterday a person called hufflepuff defeated envy, now he supposedly revived?

The bosses are actually timed - they're losing HP at a constant rate relative to the amount of time that's passing, not based on the damage done by users.

But when they designed this round, TNT didn't consider the fact that a couple superpowered pets out there with super-amazing BD sets could possibly manage to beat them in one (2000+ round) fight, so when that happened, two of the bosses glitched and disappeared for a few hours.

They're back so that users on those teams have the chance to fill their do-your-part bars before the next step is released.

I was getting pretty frustrated with not getting the Neopets SMASH! achievement, had 37 rounds on easy, 1 on medium and 4 on mighty.. got tired of doing the easy ones and did 2 rounds of mighty, just for the heck of it, and the achievement was then unlocked.

What the real unlocking requirement is, I don't know.. although it does seem to be something to do with mighty, for sure.

I'm doing my 780 battle, I'm over, need some rest. I've seen people who had more than 1000 battles, and were not planning to stop :mellow:

The scores so far, as seen on the neoboards

Greed 957,763
Envy 960,372
Apathy 969,528
Wrath 969,622
Pride 995,254
Death 1,019,856

Edit: Well, looks like battledome is broken right now...

I can't believe battledome is broken! Neopets itself is lagging too. All the Mysterious Obelisk and Battledome Stats have been wiped out.

So it has been suggested that hit points are counting down at a linear rate, therefore T=0 was at 3am EST, At 7pm, the million point mark was reached.

or 28 hours into this. Let X be the rate of decrease, then X*28=1,000,000 Then X= 35,700 hp/hr. Then for the whole 2 million it will take 56 hours, or Monday 8 am.

I can't get on to Neopets to check what TNT said in that link earlier, so sorry if this question is answered already, but if the bosses' HP is timed rather than relative to damage done to them, why do they have different amounts of HP left? I could understand if it was a negligible amount like between Apathy and Wrath as Mireia's shown us, but Death is a helluva lot of a long way behind that. It can't just be because of a slight time delay between the users who reported their HP.

Also I agree, I put a movie on and just blindly clicked away while watching it. It was the only way I was going to be able to do it without going crazy.

I highly doubt the bosses are 'timed' as some people suggest. I could be wrong though. :P

I can't believe battledome is broken! Neopets itself is lagging too. All the Mysterious Obelisk and Battledome Stats have been wiped out.

it's already working again ;)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I highly doubt the bosses are 'timed' as some people suggest. I could be wrong though. :P

i don't know, of course it makes no sense the difference between death and the others, BUT, while i've been fighting, i notice that the HP returns to a certain point after the battle and from time to time it lowers.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

i don't know, of course it makes no sense the difference between death and the others, BUT, while i've been fighting, i notice that the HP returns to a certain point after the battle and from time to time it lowers.

I believe that the way it has worked with this type of boss in the past is that its starting hit points are gradually reduced based on the number of times players have fought it. This represents the boss being gradually worn down by large numbers of attackers. I suspect the same mechanism is at work here, possibly modified by the difficulty selected for the fight.

Neopets SMASH!

Deal more damage in one battle (on Mighty?) than your pet has hit points.

Can't be that. I fought on mighty with a really low hit point pet (8 hp) and reflected Greed's attack back at him, doing 122 pts damage...but still no achievement

Does anyone know the exact number of wins it takes to achieve the "Doing Your Part" this slow connection is rather frustrating, and I am only up to 5 easy wins and 156 hard wins, it looks like I am more than half way done.

This is as crappy of a task as has ever been done on neopets, the most monotonous task with no strategy, no skill required.

Does anyone know the exact number of wins it takes to achieve the "Doing Your Part" this slow connection is rather frustrating, and I am only up to 5 easy wins and 156 hard wins, it looks like I am more than half way done.

It has been said before that it is believed to be 300 battles to fill the bar, give or take a few.

This is as crappy of a task as has ever been done on neopets, the most monotonous task with no strategy, no skill required.

Exactly 300 on mighty.

As for skill, you only have fun when your pet is able to survive a few rounds. Needless to say, you must have a very good battlepet. My own pet is mid-range but has very good HT weapons so I can survive 3 rounds. Then the fun comes into trying to deal the most damage before losing.

Other than that, yes, it's very very monotonous.

Exactly 300 on mighty.

As for skill, you only have fun when your pet is able to survive a few rounds. Needless to say, you must have a very good battlepet. My own pet is mid-range but has very good HT weapons so I can survive 3 rounds. Then the fun comes into trying to deal the most damage before losing.

Other than that, yes, it's very very monotonous.

When I thought the task was to get as many damage points against Apathy, I had gone five rounds, Tiggie is 550 str, 500 health, KBT, MMoM, WraithSmit.

I was just wasting time, I'm to 175 now, tired from working on removing a walnut tree that fell across my fence in a place I can't get a vehicle.

For funsies (really out of sleep deprivation-induced stupidity because it was 1am), I did my battles on Average. I filled my bar with 557 Average and 1 Mighty, although I might have finished before that - I was only checking my bar every 15 battles or so.

If you haven't seen what TNT posted about the defeats of Envy and Wrath, the post is here: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=153613897

And statistics backing the theory that the bosses' defeats are timed is here: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=153615806

When I went in to fight Apathy at 1:02 Neopian time, he was at 722,158 HP. I think that's too high if this is timed on a 72 hour clock? At any rate, I'm not sure how we can defeat our enemy first if it's timed, which it was basically stated we could in TNT's board post on the bosses who were defeated.

For more information, I completed the "Doing Your Part" bar today with 100 "Average Green" and 240 "Mighty Red". It was incredibly repetitive but I'm hoping that TNT have developed some use to this Surprise Attack.

(Also, I'm incredibly disappointed in myself that, because I couldn't defeat any of the Faction Bosses, I gave up after losing two fights, didn't fulfil any of the achievements, and just realised that there's a sliver of green on "Doing Your Part". I could have fulfilled the bar if I had known!)

Ugh, so I've taken to watching a movie side by side my battledome window just so I can grind out the 300 losses needed to fill my bar >_< This is something I don't wish to repeat, lol. I hope this counts for *something* - ANYTHING! Gah. This really needs to move along now...

I don't think that it's timed; I think it's dependent on a certain number of wins before his HP are reduced. At one point yesterday (when there was a lot of lag), it reduced on every fight. Now it seems to reduce every other battle for me (though there was a big jump at one point when I had a longer battle and got a lot of hits on him). Plus his HP didn't reduce as fast overnight (when presumably fewer people were battling) as it did in even a couple of hours yesterday.

Even if they are reducing based on time, TNT has said our efforts matter. Seekers, at least, should be smart enough to listen to TNT and keep trying to win this war. The other factions can get filled with apathy and try to skate to victory, but we Seekers know that Apathy is our enemy. :P

I kind of just assumed that there weren't any faction challenges this round (because how could there be? "Lose to me 8 times" and "Lose within 8 minutes" aren't really challenges), but I haven't been refreshing or even checking in very often at the Outskirts. Still, has anyone gotten one?

There's no way you can get a faction challenge.

Just remember that your boss is from YOUR faction. If it was possible to get a faction challenge, then you would have to face a boss from another faction. I think we have our hands full with our own boss, TNT's not cruel enough to let us fight more bosses XD And moreover it would help other factions besides yours...

How are you getting "wins" against this surprise wave??