Final Invasion Ready For Take Down!

hrtbrk

Azeruth, that's part of the challenge. Can you go down to an easier difficulty? I haven't lost yet on mighty, so maybe your pet just isn't strong enough for this wave or you need better weapons. Or maybe focus on the challenger that doesn't have Lens Flare (I forget which one that is). Someone said this is how it worked in the old BD (1p opponents being able to use 1-use abilities more than once), so it's probably not a glitch.

Do you have a freezer? Shhh is very useful against these guys. I use my KBT + RFFR + Shhh, and half the time they're incapacitated the next round with most of their HP gone (unless they used a TT). Then I keep trying to attack, and eventually they won't use lens flare. This way I've got a guaranteed attack round 1, and a 50% (would be 100% if I had a better freezer) chance of not taking any damage round 2, even if they do block my attack. Using my KBT + YB + Shhh also works on round 1, but I can usually finish them off in two rounds even with the RFFR in 1, and the RFFR stops the use of a TT or JS in round 2.

I won on mighty four times in a row. My pet is strong enough and is stronger than them. Except in cases where they suddenly do 300 damage out of the blue and can spam freezes for multiple turns. Then I can't win, because I can't attack at all or it doesn't use my weapons for no reason.

Like I said, I'm done. I quit. It's not just this war that has annoyed me, it's a combination of events over my 10 years on the site that have brought me to my decision. This was merely the final straw.

I mean, there's a reason this final wave's health is lower than a lot of people expected, and it's because their weapons and abilities make them really difficult to defeat. If you want to quit, fine. That's on you. But the reason's you're giving for being upset are kinda unfounded. Everything you've complained about regarding this wave is just... how it's supposed to be. It's supposed to be hard.

Attempt #1 to unlock the achievement:

- Steal from the Master Thief (thought about the gift)

ThiefLeader_zps9c1d1f1c.png

Achievement: locked :(

Attempt #2 to unlock the achievement:

- Obey my leader and use the 3 words during fights with all other leaders

Twins_zps739fc7a3.png

Attempt #3 to unlock the achievement:

- Fight all opponents with another pet and/or

- Defeat all opponents with another pet

LabRat_zps227755c2.png

Note: No abilities but Static Cling, rate of wins against the 5th wave: 41.6%

Note #2: Fully swapped the equipments between my two BD pets

Have to think about other theories...
And to all members of the Order, just think about this:
OrderLeader_zpsd8bdc200.png
Confirmed my feelings about the Leader of the Order (from the video)

I mean, there's a reason this final wave's health is lower than a lot of people expected, and it's because their weapons and abilities make them really difficult to defeat. If you want to quit, fine. That's on you. But the reason's you're giving for being upset are kinda unfounded. Everything you've complained about regarding this wave is just... how it's supposed to be. It's supposed to be hard.

I disagree, you are trying to justify the glitches/bugs by saying it is suppose to be hard. Abilities that should be only be used once a fight (or for use once a day), should not be used multiple times in a fight, let alone multiple times in a row. And if it would not be a bug/glitch, they should have informed us.

@Azeruth - remember that the number of icons done by weapons/blocked has to be multiplied by your stat (str/def) multipliers. If the enemy's defense multiplier is higher than your strength multiplier, he will full block you using fewer icons.

Edit: to clarify, if someone uses a full blocker, it will show as many blocked icons as needed to block the full damage, whether that's higher or lower than the number of incoming attack icons. I'm not certain exactly how non-full blockers display icons.

@Azeruth:

Kanrik has a strength boost of 9

My spoilt pet has a defence boost of 12

On round 13, he used his Pirate Cutlass, dealing 22 x 9 = 198 damages

With the weapon I've stolen, I defended 6 icons: 6 x 12 = 72

Difference: 198 - 72 = 126 damages. With only 6 icons, I have reduced by more than 1/3 his attack

I disagree, you are trying to justify the glitches/bugs by saying it is suppose to be hard. Abilities that should be only be used once a fight (or for use once a day), should not be used multiple times in a fight, let alone multiple times in a row. And if it would not be a bug/glitch, they should have informed us.

But... it's not a glitch. It's the way it's always worked. And TNT did tell us in an editorial, which someone quoted. It may not be "fair," but that's why they're challenging. This is where BD skill and strategy come into play. {The previous is a response to essiw; the rest is a general discussion.}

I have 58 wins on mighty, 0 draws, and 0 losses. Since BD beta started, I've been participating, mostly to earn daily prizes, but also to hone my skills, choosing to fight the harder opponents and not just the easy guys, especially once hints of war started. I bought a BoHD soon into BD beta, realizing I'd long outgrown my GHS. I bought a KBT on HT discount day just before the war started. I've been training steadily since ROS, which let me get farther in each of the next two plots' battles. I've spent years and millions of NP getting ready for this. In prior plots and wars, when I wasn't as prepared, I didn't do as well.

These are the bosses. They're supposed to be hard. The well-prepared are not struggling (I have a friend who's still killing them in one turn). You can choose to use the difficulties to inspire you to train, upgrade your set, and practice battling to hone your strategy. Or you can choose to toss up your hands, say it's not fair, and rage-quit. It's up to you, and no skin off anyone else's back, whatever you decide. (There is the third option, too: use muffins, jade elixirs, and thick smoke bombs to "temporarily upgrade" while you practice various strategies using various combinations of weapons and abilities against these guys until you find one that works.)

At least they don't tend to use the most damaging of attacks after throwing out lens flare or warlock's rage.

It's annoying when you have them set up perfectly for a frozen/undefended GKB/anagram attack and they use a freezing ability on you though! *laughs*

At least they don't tend to use the most damaging of attacks after throwing out lens flare or warlock's rage.

It's annoying when you have them set up perfectly for a frozen/undefended GKB/anagram attack and they use a freezing ability on you though! *laughs*

Get and use Shhhh for that turn, and they won't be able to use an ability, either.

Okay, for anyone who's got a mid level pet like I do, use muffins. I've been buying up Brain Muffins.

Here's my stats:

Lvl : 82
Str : 163
Def : 163
Mov : 53
Hp : 162 / 162

Abilities: Lens Flare, Sear, Static Cling, Positive Thinking, Shade

I have a RFFR, RP, HCC, GHS, SoK and a YB. I then equip myself with a couple of cheap muffins - in the 1k mark, like Darigan or Brain.

As you can see, I have a mid level pet with nice mid level set, and before I started using the muffins I couldn't get a win. Now, my first round I use LF, a muffin, and SoK. Second round I use RFFR (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't) RP and SC. Fourth round depending on if they're frozen, another muffin, SoK, and Sear. If they're not and they've knocked me down, I'll use GHS and RP and Sear. You see how that's going, right? It isn't a 100% solution, but if you have a mid level pet and are struggling, this might help you if you can't get some expensive weapons quickly for this new wave.

EDIT: I had borrowed a throwing star and had a leaf shield in my set, but I took them off for this wave to use those slots for the muffins.

Attempt #4 to unlock the achievement:

- Since I can steal from the Master Thief, put my Heavy Robe of Thievery in my set and have stolen an item from each opponent and used the item stolen to win the fights

Achivement: locked :(

Now that's strange that we can steal items... It wasn't the case with the old Battledome...

Okay, for anyone who's got a mid level pet like I do, use muffins. I've been buying up Brain Muffins.

Here's my stats:

Lvl : 82

Str : 163

Def : 163

Mov : 53

Hp : 162 / 162

Abilities: Lens Flare, Sear, Static Cling, Positive Thinking, Shade

I have a RFFR, RP, HCC, GHS, SoK and a YB. I then equip myself with a couple of cheap muffins - in the 1k mark, like Darigan or Brain.

As you can see, I have a mid level pet with nice mid level set, and before I started using the muffins I couldn't get a win. Now, my first round I use LF, a muffin, and SoK. Second round I use RFFR (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't) RP and SC. Fourth round depending on if they're frozen, another muffin, SoK, and Sear. If they're not and they've knocked me down, I'll use GHS and RP and Sear. You see how that's going, right? It isn't a 100% solution, but if you have a mid level pet and are struggling, this might help you if you can't get some expensive weapons quickly for this new wave.

EDIT: I had borrowed a throwing star and had a leaf shield in my set, but I took them off for this wave to use those slots for the muffins.

Thanks! I'll try this. I have a similar levelled pet and have lost every battle so far. I'm lower on HP by about 10 and will continue to train that right now since there is no way to hit the 200 strength boost without millions of NPs.

Lvl : 84

Str : 164

Def : 137

Mov : 63

Hp : 151

the solution for the last achievement has been found.

Send an item (gift) to someone on another team than yours (if you are thieves, then send to someone from one of the other factions)

Hope this helps everyone, and it can be any item

Well I've heard that only 3% of Neopians got old Battledome gold trophy. If TNT wants to be fair with everyone, the achievements should be doable for most of us. And that's probably why the leaders don't have much more difficulty, considering the previous gap between waves