Stronger Wave Of Enemies After The Obelisk!

hrtbrk

Any strategies for other challengers? I fight for the Thieves Guild and would really like the achievement, too.

Never mind, I managed against the Ghostly Knight. I blocked his attacks using Hanso Charisma Charm + Leaf Shield twice in a row, and then on the last turn hit him with a muffin and thick smoke bomb combo. I got lucky, I suppose. :D

Welp, even though I've been training for months, this is the last wave I'll be able to beat. If only I had known then what I know now about training, I would've focused more on my strength and defense and would probably be at the 85 boost by now. C'est la vie.

I had to try several times to get flawless victory. I ended several battles at full health before it decided to give me the achievement.

I used the level 10 faerie ability; Positive Thinking to heal up to full health.

And boo at the other achievement that will force me to not have a neat looking scoreboard with the same numbers in every tab :skull: I'm not going to let all the opponents defeat me.

Now I'm starting to take damage! Previous two waves were simples on the hardest difficulty...this one I can just about do on Mighty but I'm pushing my luck. Starting to not regret spending much neopoints on an epic shield of epicness which I hadn't bothered to use yet!!! I doubt I'll get that flawless victory though, think you probably need a decent freezer to get it and having spent all my neopoints on a shield I'm skuppered in that respect...

Are you serious ??? We have to... LOSE a battle ?

I can just imagine a Neopian who has only a BD pet that cannot be defeated unless spending 10 hours and voluntarily not fighting back against those weak opponents (for that BD pet)...

Creating a pet just to be defeated for one fight and then put it in the Pound...

Just what is TNT thinking about ??

Do you have to earn during the achievements during the current wave or do you just need to complete them some time during the war? If it's the later, then a person could technically just wait until the opponents got too hard for them to actually beat. Not sure if that's the case, but it would be nice!

Since my pet only has 86hp, the easiest level of opponents this round are a decent match for me. The brutes have always been the hardest and I couldn't beat the easiest guy because he kept blocking me with "throwing pillows". The others were very doable, though, with a couple decent weapons, a stone muffin and I have to use my green scorch stone in a couple of battles. No doubt, this will be my last round. I'll continue to fight the easy guys of the previous groups to get my daily freebies, though.

Does anyone know how many wins you need on Average & Strong to fill the bar?

This is from this site: "To make sure everyone gets a fair shot at the enemies, only a certain amounts of battles counts towards your faction. You will have done your part if you fight 40 enemies on the mighty difficulty, 60 times on strong or 96 times on average. Losses and draws will also contribute to filling your progress bar, but one loss or one draw will fill it less than one win and if you lose or draw, you will not heal after battle."

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I can just imagine a Neopian who has only a BD pet that cannot be defeated unless spending 10 hours and voluntarily not fighting back against those weak opponents (for that BD pet)...

Creating a pet just to be defeated for one fight and then put it in the Pound...

Just what is TNT thinking about ??

Hehe, I can just imagine a Neopian like that adopting or creating some fodder pet just to have it killed ^_^

Okay, so here's my pet's stats and weapons:

HP: 49 (will be more after training)

Strength: 46
Defense: 45

- Scarab Ring

- Leaf Shield

- Ring of the Lost

- Obsidian Dagger

- Scroll of the Sea

- Throwing Cutlasses

- Amulet of Life

Are they any opponents in the current crop that I might actually stand a chance against?

160 on Mighty?! That's crazy! My pet's HP is only 75 and I've been fighting on Mighty all along -.-

Does anyone know how many wins you need on Average & Strong to fill the bar?

My pet's HP is only 72 and I was able to beat the Brute Squad person on Easy.

But still, the difficulty increases are ridiculous. 8 to 35 to 80? O_o Hopefully I can get some wins in. Also, apparently losses/draws count as well.

I can't believe they made losing a requirement for the side parts...that's outrageous. Hooray for having 3 pets and making one of them lose.

I still have no issue with these guys, I do 161 damage, so, I'm 1 over their health :P

But really? Forced losing?

And I ended with max health in my first fight...didn't unlock.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw my combat log and I took 71 damage but still had full health. Got it the next time with Lens Flare.

But still, the difficulty increases are ridiculous. 8 to 35 to 80? o_O Hopefully I can get some wins in. Also, apparently losses/draws count as well.

It was really more like 8-12 to 35-53 to 80-160. It makes sense, they're about doubling difficulty between the hardest opponent from the previous level every time - so next round will probably feature opponents in the 300-600HP range.

So, after taking the loss, my OCD flared up and I legitimately starting twinging and shaking my arms in pain because it was bothering me to have just ONE loss and only one number in the column...so I had to force the 4 additional losses to each other guys in mighty. So, thanks for that TNT.

I haven't had a problem like that in years.

Do you have to earn during the achievements during the current wave or do you just need to complete them some time during the war? If it's the later, then a person could technically just wait until the opponents got too hard for them to actually beat. Not sure if that's the case, but it would be nice!

Since my pet only has 86hp, the easiest level of opponents this round are a decent match for me. The brutes have always been the hardest and I couldn't beat the easiest guy because he kept blocking me with "throwing pillows". The others were very doable, though, with a couple decent weapons, a stone muffin and I have to use my green scorch stone in a couple of battles. No doubt, this will be my last round. I'll continue to fight the easy guys of the previous groups to get my daily freebies, though.

This is from this site: "To make sure everyone gets a fair shot at the enemies, only a certain amounts of battles counts towards your faction. You will have done your part if you fight 40 enemies on the mighty difficulty, 60 times on strong or 96 times on average. Losses and draws will also contribute to filling your progress bar, but one loss or one draw will fill it less than one win and if you lose or draw, you will not heal after battle."

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

96 on Average? Wow, I really don't have the time for that.. still, I'll have a go though in between cleaning my room

Thanks for the info! :]

I finished a battle, and it showed that I had full health. I clicked play again, and after I submitted my first attack, (before it had even submitted), my health dropped to nothing and I lost. Yes, I got the achievement, but still...

This wave is still easy enough for me. Guess zapping the same pet over three years was a good idea. Can't kill with just one weapon now though.

Anyways, I suppose there is no way to block the poison blade is there? That disease is annoying and can't fight fast against that opponent.

Welp, I just started my Neopet's BD career and this wave is quite impossible for me so might as well watch the battle from afar. Also any one get the reference for the losing achievement? :)

This event has been full of geeky references so far - The Illuminati, ASoIaF, Portal, Skyrim... :)

Weird. I lost a battle early this morning in order to get the "I used to be a great battler achievement" but now it's showing up as incomplete so I have to lose again. :(

Darn it. I am SO distressed that I won't be able to participate in the next wave. Man, I was really liking this plot too. Right now I can defeat these guys on easy, but judging by the way things have been looking I'd say the next wave will have 100 something HP.

96 on Average? Wow, I really don't have the time for that.. still, I'll have a go though in between cleaning my room

Thanks for the info! :]

I think it's actually less than that this round - the 40/60/96 split applied to the first, easiest wave, but this wave I've been fighting on easy and I think I'm about 40 in and my bar is almost full.

I think it's actually less than that this round - the 40/60/96 split applied to the first, easiest wave, but this wave I've been fighting on easy and I think I'm about 40 in and my bar is almost full.

I haven't tested the numbers myself, but those numbers are from this site's raiding guide for this round, found here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/obelisk-war/raiding/