The Next Wave Of Battles Hits Tyrannia!

hrtbrk

I think we'll have several more waves, not just one. We had more waves during TFR, and that was a plot. This is a war, with no puzzles (so far... a girl can dream, right?). I understand that for people who haven't trained much (and I was there in past events, I understand the frustration), this seems like a big jump, but when you look at the scale of training boosts, it's only an increase from 0.75 to 1.5 (up 3 boosts, or double the difficulty) and still very low on the scale of absolute difficulty. For those who have been training for years hoping for another war, they're still squishing bugs. It'd be rather disappointing for them if they never saw a challenging opponent. I think TNT's doing a decent job of trying to keep everyone engaged -- you can still "do your part" by losing, as demoralizing as that might be (if you're stuck doing this, make sure you go to the healing springs and both heal and buy a potion every half hour -- just compare SW to springs prices before buying to make sure you can't get it cheaper -- or buy the better potions at the springs and resell to fund buying cheaper potions for your pet). And even if you can't complete every wave, it's just motivation to train, buy better weapons, and practice battling before the next event. Everyone started at the beginning (unless you managed to adopt a well-trained pet, I suppose...).

Regarding the timing, I think TNT has done a decent job addressing lag. I was annoyed this morning, too, but they're working on it constantly, and it improved relatively quickly. Knowing there will be lags and malfunctions, factoring in that players come from every timezone and that some will struggle in each wave to finish doing their part (while some will have limited computer time each day), I think the length of time per wave is reasonable. I especially like that they gave a head's up when the next one would start so people could plan in advance. (During ToW, the last activities hit during grad school finals for me; by the time I was ready to finish, it was over, with no real warning. Not TNT's fault, of course, but it was still frustrating to be in the middle of a task, submit it, and find out it was too late.) Part of the fun of events is not knowing what will happen next and trying to anticipate. I think TNT's doing a decent job balancing the desire for information with leaving room for surprises.

My .02 on the war and some of the reactions expressed on the forum--

First, I am happy for a war with lots of battling. However, I wish there were some puzzles as well. Also, the "factions" thing seems pointless so far as there is no running tally...

Second, I am surprised by the griping about the strength of the second wave. Level 35 is not unattainable by pet owners. It has been hinted since December (?) a war was brewing. Besides that, there is a war every year or so! Unless someone has been playing less than a year, training a pet for war during the "off season" should not be such a novel idea!

I go on training binges for my pet here and there over the years and it adds up! I can't wait to take on bigger and bigger waves. I remember being a newbie with a pet under level 35 and struggling through my first war. It just fueled my desire to bulk up for the next war! (And now the battledome helps with training by rewarding with codestones!)

Best of luck!

Holy moly, why did the difficulty increase so quickly? I'm a beginning battledome-er and I had no trouble with the last wave, but this is starting to get out of reach. I had to buy a few new weapons, and the prices are jacked up like crazy.

My .02 on the war and some of the reactions expressed on the forum--

First, I am happy for a war with lots of battling. However, I wish there were some puzzles as well. Also, the "factions" thing seems pointless so far as there is no running tally...

Second, I am surprised by the griping about the strength of the second wave. Level 35 is not unattainable by pet owners. It has been hinted since December (?) a war was brewing. Besides that, there is a war every year or so! Unless someone has been playing less than a year, training a pet for war during the "off season" should not be such a novel idea!

I go on training binges for my pet here and there over the years and it adds up! I can't wait to take on bigger and bigger waves. I remember being a newbie with a pet under level 35 and struggling through my first war. It just fueled my desire to bulk up for the next war! (And now the battledome helps with training by rewarding with codestones!)

Best of luck!

I am kicking myself for not starting to train sooner. Too cheap I guess. I will be burning through my Red Codestone stack once I hit level 250. It's a lot cheaper in the long run than training stats for 8 regular codestones a pop...

7_rayne_7, on 02 Mar 2013 - 16:44, said:

Has the cap limit for points been found? I saw on the neoboards people saying that they have battled the people hundreds of times, so even claimed over a thousand battles. I've battled each at least 50 times on Mighty, but would like to know the cap so that I don't miss out on easy points. :P

This was posted on the last wave but no one answered it...It's a really good question - if anyone follows up on this, I would really like to know also. I definitely didn't even battle 50 times per challenger, but at this point, it would be really good to know whether I should keep fighting older waves to just rack up points...

There was a big jump in the level difficulty @_@ Don't think I'll make it pass the next wave XD This is what I get for not paying attention to events beforehand >_>

That's quite the difficulty jump. I might have to bow out after this wave.

I know...I will have to, too. My pet may be strong, but she isn't THAT strong. Only around Level 40 with 80 in HSD. Can't afford training during the plot, either, and am going broke.

The lag is horrible, at least for me it is right now...

This new wave is barely scratching me, and I'm using simple, and fairly inexpensive weaponry. My "BD" pet isn't the greatest either, (I've been saving my NP and such after a hack over a year ago, so I haven't done a ton training wise). His stats are: Level 46, Health 75, Strength 86, Defense 78 (79, when his training finishes), and Movement 43. Not very impressive stats considering most came from FQs, the lab ray, REs and such, but they are allowing me to continue for now. IT might start getting more difficult with the next wave, we'll see. I invested in one of the new Training Fortune Cookies last week, but was unable to make full use of it. *facepalm*

And refreshing to get a Faction Challenge only got me this: Something has happened!

Silas_Ulric_Parker has suddenly come down with a bad case of Neomonia!!!

*facepalm*

Yeah this lag is getting to me too. It's spread across the whole site too, so I can't even go do my dailies without having to wait 10 minutes for the page to load.
Thankfully it's the last day of my holidays, though. So I have the time and freedom to just stare at the computer for hours on end. Well, for one more day anyway :p
I decided to just keep knocking over the subversive. It's quicker than changing challengers and having to work out a new technique.

Are we not allowed to use the Healing Fountain until this thing's over? I just got my tail kicked by a Smug Philosopher (rather polite guy, I think I could get along with him outside of the war), so I would assume that means the battle is over. I didn't get into another fight, but the Healing Faerie thinks I'm trying to heal in the middle of a battle,

Anyway, I've almost completed the 'Doing Your Part' achievement, so I think I'll finish the last few battles up later tonight. No more Philosophers though. They hurt too much.

How odd. You didn't actually click the "play again" button?

Also I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but until Siniri pointed out buying potions from the healing springs is cheaper than the SW I didn't realise I could buy potions there at all. You wouldn't think I've been playing for 10 years :P Then again, it has been a very on-and-off affair, and I've never managed to be playing when there's a war on for me to participate in. Hence the battle issues.

That philosopher is rather adorable isn't he? Makes me want a gelert so I can dress him up like that.

Are we not allowed to use the Healing Fountain until this thing's over? I just got my tail kicked by a Smug Philosopher (rather polite guy, I think I could get along with him outside of the war), so I would assume that means the battle is over. I didn't get into another fight, but the Healing Faerie thinks I'm trying to heal in the middle of a battle,

Anyway, I've almost completed the 'Doing Your Part' achievement, so I think I'll finish the last few battles up later tonight. No more Philosophers though. They hurt too much.

Sometimes it bugs out and you have to go to challenges within the battledome and if it says you're in a battle, you can't use the healing springs. I just visited the healing springs and got healed, so it's still active :)

The lag is ridiculous! You'd think that TNT would know to increase their server...space or whatever it is, to prevent lagging as they would have known well that there'd be more people using the site during an event like this!

It's Viacom. They KNOW how to increase the bandwidth limit of the servers, and they are making WAY more than enough money off of Neopets, to do so, but the people in charge of that care more about making a little more money, than putting any of that into making a great product. As much as people nowadays hate Adam, he was the other way around(At least at first), and the contrast is sickening.