perma silenced

yikmunnie

Trying to get around their filters so you can break rules won't stop them for punishing you for breaking rules.

It may be silly, but they don't want people giving out their personal identification- including their facebook account. I don't think that sending in a ticket will help, since you did do what they said you did.

I don't have any experience with sending in tickets regarding silencing. I would expect to wait for several days at least.

I'm sorry it happened. :/

I desperately needed to contact someone ;__; and I had no other choice. I didn't even expect them to perma silence a side account that is even registered with a different email

ugh should I keep this account or make a new one I wonder x____x

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I desperately needed to contact someone ;__; and I had no other choice. I didn't even expect them to perma silence a side account that is even registered with a different email

You always have a choice. You never have to contact someone through Facebook, especially if you don't have their Facebook information. Of course, you also always have the choice to not contact that person. You chose to attempt to get around filters, which is against the rules. It's too bad you were perma silenced for it, since now you have no chance to learn from your mistake and redeem yourself.

If you were perma silenced on a side account, I wouldn't worry about it. You can just stick to posting from your main.

nope. perma silenced on all my mains and sides...I resurrected an old 9 year old account tho...how do I tell my friends that I have been silenced and now that this is my main without me being silenced again ;_;

There is a way I've seen people get around the silencing to edit their silenced userlookups.
First, you go onto the edit-userlookup page on an unsilenced side. Make a new tab. Log off that account and log into your silenced account. Click on the edit-UL page. Type it that you were silenced. Save it. Then, it’ll show you the page but it won’t show the edit-UL thing because you’re silenced, but you can change your pw. Click on your UL. You will see the new message

From here. You can include a link to your new main there as well.

Have you not logged in for nine years? Oh! After a while (like a few months) if you behave yourself on neopets you can send in a ticket for a review to get un-silenced. But you must behave! Not a single warning!

And don't leave! We love you! *Insert 'call me maybe' playing in my head XD*

I sent so many tickets today including a suggestion one that mentioned to give an option for those over eighteen to give out some personal information like facebook or something (not where you live or phone numbers etc.). I'm tired of being treated like some stupid eight year old that needs protection :/

but i heard that they don't unsilence people anyway unless it was from a mistake :/

Nope. This happened to a potty mouth friend of mine once, she asked TNT if there was anything she could do and the staff talking to her said that she could get a review if she behaved herself. It took two years for her, but she got her beautiful 10 yr account un-silenced

In the mean time, use the bypass thingy, and tell your peeps if they want to talk to you about something that isn't filter friendly (meaning other sits and words like grape) about the mega wonderful The Daily Neopets.

maybe your friend was a super lucky one? :( i doubt I have that much of luck anyway.

I want to give up but at the same time, I just started rebuilding this account :/

EDIT: Heyness, TNT! With respect to the new silencing feature you guys have added to the site, I have a question. If you are permanently silenced, would there be a way to get un-silenced eventually, or is it really permanent? Thanks for clearing this up! ~warriorsrock965

Permanent silencing is permanent. For players that are temporarily silenced, it's a bit like a suspension, but without being restricted from games and other areas of the site. If a player says something or behaves poorly enough on the boards that they likely would have been frozen otherwise, that's basically what a permanent silence is.

I found that ^

ugh should I quit now? T_T

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button. Also, please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

great..logged into my 9 year old main to find that it was frozen for being inactive. I hate my life and I feel like quitting T___T

edit: I think i'm gonna cry ohgod. I don't have any unsilenced sides T_T why is neopet's security tighter than a bloody bank???

I know that feeling, I lost two of my sides due to inactivity (I left a year ago for being frozen incorrectly)... They then asked me for the original emailaddress the accounts were on: little problem! These accounts had been created 7 years ago, when 'adsihdiuhwj2e93' was still accepted for an emailaddress... Whatever combination I made as a kid, I surely couldn't remember it. Dumbest rule ever, if you ask me.

It's sad though that TNT is banning/silencing so many people again. They've really made their rules so strict, I personally don't enjoy playing as much anymore. There's always the fear of 'my account could be gone again tomorrow'.

My personal advice, get a new account and start all over. It may seem hard now, but it's easier to start with a clean sheet, especially since you're permasilenced :(

Honestly, I completely get why TNT has this rule. I'm sorry that your account was perma-silenced, I really am. But if you plan on being a long-term player you should be familiar with the rules. TNT doesn't ever allow any offsite websites to be mentioned, unless they are official fansites. Especially social media websites. I understand you are over 18. There is no way they can bend the rules to make social media exchange allowed on their website though, because it is very very easy for a kid to lie about their age. TNT has no way of verifying anyones age, hence why they can't have an "over 18" board either. That being said, let's say some random 50 year old guy was on neopets and decided to start messaging a 9 year old girl asking for her facebook. She willingly hands it over and her parents find out. TNT could get into a lot of trouble and this would stir up a whole host of issues.

Plus, you didn't have to ask your friend for her facebook info. You could have easily said 'hey, you wanna chat on tdn?' or something like that. Idk, like I said I hope you get your account back. It just seems like most people who have been playing for awhile are familiar with this rule.

FAQs

Neopets > Community > Facebook >

I see that Facebook is now being integrated into Neopets. Does that mean I can talk about Facebook on the message boards?

Yes, you can reference Facebook on the message boards as well as talk about content that is posted on the Neopets Facebook page. Hooray! However, you still can't post your personal Facebook account information or any links to offsite content.

That came from the FAQ page here: http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml. I'm not sure how to direct link to that page, but you can navigate to it through Neopets > Community > Facebook.

Obviously there is a rule about giving away your Facebook. It's right there.

There's another one under Neopets > Community > Facebook > Facebook Connect.

FAQs

Neopets > Community > Facebook > Facebook Connect >

Since our accounts can now be tied to Facebook, are we allowed to share our Facebook profiles with our friends on Neopets?

Nope. Your Facebook profile contains personal information and rules about sharing such information on Neopets.com still apply. It's not allowed.

Plus, you didn't have to ask your friend for her facebook info. You could have easily said 'hey, you wanna chat on tdn?' or something like that. Idk, like I said I hope you get your account back. It just seems like most people who have been playing for awhile are familiar with this rule.

Can we reference the TDN forums? I know that you can't link to the forums, so I'm not sure about this.

Can we reference the TDN forums? I know that you can't link to the forums, so I'm not sure about this.

No, you can't talk about the forums. Are we able to message people through the actual TDN logins- the ones you make to use the avatar checklist? I haven't seen anything, but I wasn't looking before, LOL.

No, you can't talk about the forums. Are we able to message people through the actual TDN logins- the ones you make to use the avatar checklist? I haven't seen anything, but I wasn't looking before, LOL.

You can't talk about the forums, are you sure? I do this all the time. LOL. Well, I say 'hey, have you heard of TDN?' a lot... and I've probably said forum before too. But I do say TDN or the daily neopets a lot. :sick02:

Saying TDN/The Daily Neopets is perfectly fine but saying TDN Forums is not.

While we are both the same, since TDNF is registered on a different url (tdnforums.com) it is not included in the fansite agreement.

Be careful when mentioning TNDF!

Thank you. That's really good to know!

I assume you could say "as I read on the boards of thedailyneopets", since tdn is an official fansite.

I don't know if this would be considered a workaround like "book of faces," so I would be hesitant to use it. It might be fine, because as Viridian points out, TDN is an official fan site and TNT isn't (or at least shouldn't be) concerned about sending players here, but I don't know for sure.

I don't know if this would be considered a workaround like "book of faces," so I would be hesitant to use it. It might be fine, because as Viridian points out, TDN is an official fan site and TNT isn't (or at least shouldn't be) concerned about sending players here, but I don't know for sure.

I think part of the problem with the forums, is the adult topics that we can talk about here- and the fact we can post pictures of ourselves, etc. So I wouldn't want to take any chances. :/