Favorite potato chips?

Zephyr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Baked Ruffles!

Baked Ruffles are definitely superior to Baked Lays. Specifically Cheddar and Sour Cream. Yum.

baked_ruffles_cheddar_sour_cream.gif

And I don't know if these count since they aren't potato, but my roommates and I have been really keen on "Popcorners". They're chips made out of popcorn! It's pretty rad.

00893594002105_full.jpg

I love the Honey Dijon flavored chips too! But I don't really have a favorite to be honest. The new lays Do me a Flavor contest chips were disgusting! I hated those! >.< I so regret buying them now. Even my dog wouldn't touch them. LoL.

Wow! PoPCorners! I am gonna have to look into those, that sounds positively yummy! Thanks for the heads up on those. :thumbsup:

Baked Ruffles are definitely superior to Baked Lays. Specifically Cheddar and Sour Cream. Yum.

baked_ruffles_cheddar_sour_cream.gif

And I don't know if these count since they aren't potato, but my roommates and I have been really keen on "Popcorners". They're chips made out of popcorn! It's pretty rad.

00893594002105_full.jpg

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Wow! PoPCorners! I am gonna have to look into those, that sounds positively yummy! Thanks for the heads up on those. :thumbsup:

I promise they are infinitely better than the "do me a flavor" lays. It's basically like eating a giant piece of popcorn! I personally like the classic sea salt the best but all of the flavors are good. If you like popcorn Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn is pretty awesome too.

tumblr_lufk3hdjbs1qbph9eo1_400.gif

I promise they are infinitely better than the "do me a flavor" lays. It's basically like eating a giant piece of popcorn! I personally like the classic sea salt the best but all of the flavors are good. If you like popcorn Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn is pretty awesome too.

tumblr_lufk3hdjbs1qbph9eo1_400.gif

I love the Smartfood popcorn! It's my favourite popcorn, after my mom's homemade healthy popcorn, which has butter, nutritional yeast, a little bit of curry powder and soy protein sauce and a small dash of apple cider vinegar.... yum. My mom's popcorn is by far the best homemade popcorn yet. :P

I love the Smartfood popcorn! It's my favourite popcorn, after my mom's homemade healthy popcorn, which has butter, nutritional yeast, a little bit of curry powder and soy protein sauce and a small dash of apple cider vinegar.... yum. My mom's popcorn is by far the best homemade popcorn yet. :P

Oh, that sounds like it would be delicious! If she's willing to give out her secret recipe I would love to have you shoot me a PM :)

Oh, that sounds like it would be delicious! If she's willing to give out her secret recipe I would love to have you shoot me a PM :)

I don't even know how to make it, haha. I just know the ingredients. You could just give it a try? It tastes best with organic popcorn. :)

I don't even know how to make it, haha. I just know the ingredients. You could just give it a try? It tastes best with organic popcorn. :)

I will have to give it a try, asap! A new popcorn experiment is a perfect excuse for a movie night. :D

Baked barbecue chips are basically the only chips I eat! Baked chips are the best. The regular ones have too much seasoning for me.

Baked Barbecue Lays? or a different brand? I feel like you can't go wrong with any of the Baked chips by Fritolay. The regular chips don't seem to have too much seasoning to me as much as they are too greasy. Not to say I don't love a can of Pringles now and then (Pizza or Salt and Vinegar), but I've definitely been leaning toward the "healthier" snacks (if you can really assign a scale of healthiness to junk food haha).

I would always say “Pringles”. It is so yummy and I used to buy 3 packs a week.

When ever I think of Pringles I always think of the Pringles Pop Boxes, did you ever see these? They're a clever marketing item for sure, since the chips are such a unique shape they fit so neatly.

pop.jpg

I don't think I have a favourite brand of crisps - I like a lot of different types! I also don't eat that many. Though I did really enjoy Cheetos that a friend sent over.

Do you not have Cheetos in the UK, Mozzy?! Cheetos along with my bologna and cheese sandwiches were a staple when I was a child :P

The only place I have ever seen Cheetos in the UK are the Polish shops :D Same with Bake Rolls, which I had been missing terribly before I found the local Polish shop. The UK does have an alternative to Cheetos in the shape of Wotsits, which is pretty much the same, but slightly more intense flavour.

Have you tried Bake Rolls, Mozzy? If not, definitely look for them in Polish shops as well. I think 7Days, the company that owns them, just doesn't span out to the UK, but they are very popular as healthier and sturdier than chips/crisps in Eastern and Central Europe :) All in all, Polish shops are awesome for discovering new (or forgotten in my case) snacks.

Unfortunately, no Cheetos! Never heard of bologna and cheese sandwiches either. :P

Bologna is a processed meat that is used to make cold-cut sandwiches. It was fairly popular from the 1970s - 1990s here in the United States. Oscar Meyer is a famous meat brand that is especially well known for it's bologna and hot dogs, they even have a jingle!

I am jealous of the Cadbury products you have in the UK. We have an American version of some of the chocolate here, but it pales in comparison to the stuff I've had from London. Are there chips you have in the UK that we might not have here? I know I've never heard of Wotsits.

...Wow. :D I always thought bologna was a weird of saying bolognese! I don't know why.

I don't mind Cadbury chocolate but I much prefer the European stuff myself - tastes a lot nicer I think. Unfortunately I can only get it when I go to France to visit family. I don't know if the US has Twiglets? They look like little twigs and are Marmite flavour; I quite like them occasionally even though I hate Marmite. We also have Pom-Bears, which are crisps in the shape of bears.

...Wow. :D I always thought bologna was a weird of saying bolognese! I don't know why.

Hahaha, I just imagine someone ordering one and expecting the other. That would be an interesting experience since they're definitely two different things.

I don't mind Cadbury chocolate but I much prefer the European stuff myself - tastes a lot nicer I think. Unfortunately I can only get it when I go to France to visit family. I don't know if the US has Twiglets? They look like little twigs and are Marmite flavour; I quite like them occasionally even though I hate Marmite. We also have Pom-Bears, which are crisps in the shape of bears.

We don't have Twiglets! And as far as I know Marmite isn't a common thing in the US at all. I imagine it's something that could be found in an import shop, but it hasn't caught on here at all. Right now Americans are behind the times and just now being very much into Nutella. It's only in the last ten years that it's been common in grocery stores and now places are making things like Nutella crepes, shakes, etc.

We don't have Pom-Bears either, they look so cute though! We have a brand called Teddy Grahams that are graham cracker snacks shaped like bears, though! And the 'Hello Panda' snacks from Japan are becoming quite popular here as well. So, a few bear snacks but no Poms. :(

Being on topic with potato chips, my friend bought the "Spicy Sweet Chili" Doritos the other day and they were surprisingly good!

• 4 months later...

Forgot to post my favourite flavour when I posted here a while back. xD

I really like the Kettle Zesty Ranch chips. :D My other favourites would have to be Kettle Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar and the Old Dutch Dill Pickle. :D