The "official" customization feedback thread!

~Xandria

I've decided to try out the sundial as a trinket for my krawk. I like what it does to the colour balance, but I'm not sure if it takes up too much space.

http://www.neopets.c...ml?pet=escobarr

It really doesn't take up much space at all! In fact, I love the way it looks. May I ask where you found it? It's super cool. hehe. Looks like a NC item but I could be wrong.

The only complaint I have about the "dress a pet" feature is that there is no option to look through ALL wearables. That would come in so handy because sometimes I just don't know what to type in other than "background" "shirt"... you get the idea. :P

Does anyone know of a website that lists ALL of the wearables or at least most of them?

I've decided to try out the sundial as a trinket for my krawk. I like what it does to the colour balance, but I'm not sure if it takes up too much space.

http://www.neopets.c...ml?pet=escobarr

I reall y like the Sundial! It's a great size. :D

It really doesn't take up much space at all! In fact, I love the way it looks. May I ask where you found it? It's super cool. hehe. Looks like a NC item but I could be wrong.

The only complaint I have about the "dress a pet" feature is that there is no option to look through ALL wearables. That would come in so handy because sometimes I just don't know what to type in other than "background" "shirt"... you get the idea. :P

Does anyone know of a website that lists ALL of the wearables or at least most of them?

Dress to Impress! http://impress.openneo.net/

It has all wearable items, NC and NP. You can filter by what your species of pet can actually wear (get rid of all species specific clothing that doesn't apply), filter out paintbrush only clothing, if you're not willing to do any repaints, etc. It's a fantastic tool, I think. :D

I find that starting by filtering out other species is the best way to go. ;3 just type "species:----" (the dashes are where the species name goes, haha) into the search bar, and go!

EDIT: Just as a warning, expect to be going through everything for a while! There's between 500-600 pages of items for basically each species. Have fun! ;3

Thanks guys, you've eased my mind :) I'm so wary of overcrowding my pets with stuff, but at the same time it's nice if you can find something that gives the customisation a stronger expression.

And it's the sundial is a NP item, really cheap too. And it's just called "sundial".

Dress to Impress! http://impress.openneo.net/

It has all wearable items, NC and NP. You can filter by what your species of pet can actually wear (get rid of all species specific clothing that doesn't apply), filter out paintbrush only clothing, if you're not willing to do any repaints, etc. It's a fantastic tool, I think. :D

I find that starting by filtering out other species is the best way to go. ;3 just type "species:----" (the dashes are where the species name goes, haha) into the search bar, and go!

EDIT: Just as a warning, expect to be going through everything for a while! There's between 500-600 pages of items for basically each species. Have fun! ;3

/Facepalms. -_-

I can't believe I hadn't noticed that before. Thank you so much Rebecca. I really wish I would have known that sooner. LOL. I had no idea you could sort through it that way and I had NO idea there were so many wearables per species, though I'm guessing most are neocash. :(

I haven't had many NP's to work with as far as customizing goes. I'm excited though because I was able to score a blue chomby named Hodden at the pound! I just fell in love with the name. TBH, I'm thinking about getting rid of my maraquan chomby soon, I really don't want too... but customizing him is really difficult without NC. When I adopted him I honestly didn't take that into consideration. He was my first dream pet so I didn't know there was so little options available. I think he may be UFT soon. I also hate the fact that it's a he and the pet's name is "milleniumgurl". & NOW I can't change it because I got the SLM while the BD has been down, so I didn't get the challenger for some reason! :thumbsdown: Sorry, I am going off-topic here.

Anyways, thank you for the tip! Should make things much easier for me. :)

@Karmacow - I can so relate. I hate over-crowding my pets too. I've seen some peoples pets and they have like so much going on you can't even see the color anymore! & I've seen plenty of these types of pets on "notable neopet". Sometimes I think they just pick a random pet and place it up there. :laughingsmiley: But yes, you should ease your mind. Your pets awesome and the trinket goes very well!

I wouldn't say that MOST are NC! I would say that most of them are NP, actually- though loooooots of nice ones are NC. But I always filter out the nc (-is:nc, btw!)

Hodden is so cute! And what a great name. :D I'm sure he'll be so much fun to customise. ^_^

Yeah, it's a shame that all the clothing options for special body types are NC, as of now. Though TNT said in a recent editorial that they'd start adding NP clothing for Baby/Maraquan/Mutant pets.

The BD challenger is random- so just refresh at the main lab ray page, and you should get him as a challenger. :D You're still able to get BD challengers while the BD is down- you just can't fight them for a while, haha. Do you think you'd want to keep him/her if you change the gender though, or is the pain that is customising her not worth it?

Also, I think the Notable Neopet is just taken randomly from pets that were entered into the customisation spotlight. :)

And no problem! :D Always happy to help. <3

medium_preview.png

This is the look for Laeyuna that I'm working on for New years. I love the background, but am unsure about trinkets. I've tried a couple, but I'm just unsure. I'm also working on a look for my poogle, Katertier, for new years.

medium_preview.png

I love most of the poogle specific tops, but just can't decide. It would be awesome if there was something non-species specific I could use. Also, on either of these, I don't want to spend NC. Please and thank you!

Hey everyone! I have a project that I want to work on but really, I have no idea where to start.

My hubs' oldest pet is a Fire Blumaroo, and he asked me to help him dress him up eons ago and I ... ran into a brick wall. Literally I couldn't come up with anything - not that I'm a customization expert, obviously. So I put it off, and I thought that it might be a good Christmas surprise to finally find him a good look for his pet.

Hoping to do all of it with Neopoints, since I don't have any NC at the moment and not really got much folks want to trade for - and only one box.

I can't even come up with a background! So it's a blank canvas, a boy Fire Blumaroo, and any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

I'm about to check out dress a pet in just a second for you zombiessque. Hopefully I can give you a few good ideas to work with. Bare with me. lol.

edit: Have you seen the Tyrannian Volcano Background or Tyrannian Volcano Lair Background? First one is NC and the last is NP's. Both of them go with the fire theme very very well, IMO. Spooky Potions Cave Background is also pretty cool because it has flowing lava. I also like these;

- Phantom of the Background

- New Years in Moltara Background

- Moltara Silhouette Background

- Moltaran Workshop Background

- MME3-B1: Magma Pool Background

- Kreludan Scenery Background (This one looks AMAZING, but it's NC so he might have to trade for it as it's probably retired now... I actually think this is my fav so far.)

Please just let me know if you are a fan of any of these. If you are I'll go from there. Usually I base the customization around the pet's color and background... so I don't really know what to add until I know which background you'd like. :P

i have no idea what to do with this neopet, i adopted him, and idk what to put on him -_-, i'm thinking of painting it biscuit.

Hmm, well if you decide to keep him painted glowing then these backgrounds may give you a few ideas on what you can work with; Oh, and when you get a chance, please also state if you are looking for NC or NP items, or a combination of both. (:

- Whats Cooking Cauldron Background (honestly, looks pretty cool on him IMO) (NC)

- Tycoon Vault Background (NC)

- Tulip Background (NC)

- Super Ice Cream Machine Background (NP)

- Stuck in the Lost Isle Background (NP)

- Star Gazing Background (NP)

- Spectral Pumpkin Path Background (NC)

- Sophies Hut Background (NP)

- Space Battle Background (NC)

- Space Station Airlock Background (NP)

- Space Station Silhouette Background (NP)

- Resistance Headquarters Background (NP)

Just let me know if you like any of these. My personal favorites would have to be the What's cooking BG, Spectral Pumpkin patch BG, and Space Station Airlock BG.

I think a lot of people aren't huge fans of glowing pets but I honestly don't know why. TBH I think sometimes people base there opinions on how much the PB cost. ;) Anyways; I think there is some good customization items available that would make him look pretty spiffy! :P I think a space theme for a glowing pet would be pretty awesome!

I'm about to check out dress a pet in just a second for you zombiessque. Hopefully I can give you a few good ideas to work with. Bare with me. lol.

edit: Have you seen the Tyrannian Volcano Background or Tyrannian Volcano Lair Background? First one is NC and the last is NP's. Both of them go with the fire theme very very well, IMO. Spooky Potions Cave Background is also pretty cool because it has flowing lava. I also like these;

- Phantom of the Background

- New Years in Moltara Background

- Moltara Silhouette Background

- Moltaran Workshop Background

- MME3-B1: Magma Pool Background

- Kreludan Scenery Background (This one looks AMAZING, but it's NC so he might have to trade for it as it's probably retired now... I actually think this is my fav so far.)

Please just let me know if you are a fan of any of these. If you are I'll go from there. Usually I base the customization around the pet's color and background... so I don't really know what to add until I know which background you'd like. :P

Hmm, well if you decide to keep him painted glowing then these backgrounds may give you a few ideas on what you can work with; Oh, and when you get a chance, please also state if you are looking for NC or NP items, or a combination of both. (:

- Whats Cooking Cauldron Background (honestly, looks pretty cool on him IMO) (NC)

- Tycoon Vault Background (NC)

- Tulip Background (NC)

- Super Ice Cream Machine Background (NP)

- Stuck in the Lost Isle Background (NP)

- Star Gazing Background (NP)

- Spectral Pumpkin Path Background (NC)

- Sophies Hut Background (NP)

- Space Battle Background (NC)

- Space Station Airlock Background (NP)

- Space Station Silhouette Background (NP)

- Resistance Headquarters Background (NP)

Just let me know if you like any of these. My personal favorites would have to be the What's cooking BG, Spectral Pumpkin patch BG, and Space Station Airlock BG.

I think a lot of people aren't huge fans of glowing pets but I honestly don't know why. TBH I think sometimes people base there opinions on how much the PB cost. ;) Anyways; I think there is some good customization items available that would make him look pretty spiffy! :P I think a space theme for a glowing pet would be pretty awesome!

thx for the ideas, i got a pretty good idea what to do now :D

Since Neopets is turning 13 tomorrow, I decided to go with a party theme for my pets. Now not all of their customisations look terrific, but two of them turned out with something I'm pretty happy with. :)

4.png

This is Azarale partying hard. What do you think?

4.png

I really like how Blossom turned out - she's in the kitchen, cooking or baking some tasty dish. This theme works well for the week to follow with Thanksgiving in the U.S. ^^ I know I'll be in the kitchen a lot next week, too!

Now - here are the other three I'm not so sure about. I just went with what I had for a party theme, and....well I don't find it to my liking as much as the first two. Tell me what you think?

4.png4.png

4.png

Got any great ideas for party-themed wearables? Let me know, I'm open to both NP and NC. :) Thanks in advance.

Hi Poptart! If you are looking for a guide of some sort I find this one really helpful (as I'm also limited on how much NC I can spend)

- http://www.neopets.com/~chita It's a guide for neopoints wearables.

Thanks for that link. I hadn't heard of that site and it looks really useful.

Hey everyone! I have a project that I want to work on but really, I have no idea where to start.

My hubs' oldest pet is a Fire Blumaroo, and he asked me to help him dress him up eons ago and I ... ran into a brick wall. Literally I couldn't come up with anything - not that I'm a customization expert, obviously. So I put it off, and I thought that it might be a good Christmas surprise to finally find him a good look for his pet.

Hoping to do all of it with Neopoints, since I don't have any NC at the moment and not really got much folks want to trade for - and only one box.

I can't even come up with a background! So it's a blank canvas, a boy Fire Blumaroo, and any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

There's the Neovian Blumaroo Gentleman clothes set that looks really good and would suit the Moltaran Workshop Background. I played around a bit and added the hat and the wings.

http://impress.openn.../outfits/276338

Bonus is that the clothes set is quite cheap - each item is under 15,000 according to jellyneo although I don't know how updated that is.

Hey guys I'm also not very good with customization, I've been trying to come up with something good for my desert scorchio for a while now but with no luck I come to you, all I have is np for customization, as I have absolutely no nc at all.

This is what she looks like now, http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Elianere

can anyone offer some suggestions, thank you so much in advance :)

Jellyneo usually has dates for when certain items retire and there isn't one for the Lily Pad Dress. I don't think it'll be retired soon - it seems to be an item that's almost 'permanent' in the NC Mall. I hope you do get it though - your Xwee looks beautiful with it.

We have the dates too in our database. Also if you're buying from the NC Mall if you click on the item it will give you more information and tell you if it's only available for a limited time and when the item retires.

Ok so i recently got one of my dreamies - a halloween uni. now im aware that this is a popular pet so i wanted something original with the customisation: i went with a contrast between pet and bg..

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/278610

The idea here is that he is an undead soldier looking to complete his revenge upon the people who killed him before he can be laid to rest. he has finally come to the house of said people (who live on the beach). they can see that their inevitable death is here. etc etc.

let me know, and please help me with any suggestions!

That is such a cool idea for a story. :D Trying to make a customisation based on a story can be really hard (I struggled with it quite a bit!), but I think you did something unique. :3 The only think you could add that would be in keeping with the story is maybe a weapon of some kind?

Ok so i recently got one of my dreamies - a halloween uni. now im aware that this is a popular pet so i wanted something original with the customisation: i went with a contrast between pet and bg..

http://impress.openn.../outfits/278610

The idea here is that he is an undead soldier looking to complete his revenge upon the people who killed him before he can be laid to rest. he has finally come to the house of said people (who live on the beach). they can see that their inevitable death is here. etc etc.

let me know, and please help me with any suggestions!

Congrats on getting your dreamie! Halloween uni is so cool :)

I love a background story. It's great to see a story unfolds in an outfit.

It's not a huge thing but you may want to re-look your foreground because the tiny puddles on the

window sill make your uni looks as if he's inside the house instead of outside... ^^;;

Hey guys! I have a faerie meerca that I am having a very hard time finding a background or theme for. Any tips would be welcomed. I'm mostly looking for a good background that is neopoints because from what I've looked at so far, none seem to match. I don't know what theme I'm going for yet, so any recomendations would be really appreciated!

Hey guys! I have a faerie meerca that I am having a very hard time finding a background or theme for. Any tips would be welcomed. I'm mostly looking for a good background that is neopoints because from what I've looked at so far, none seem to match. I don't know what theme I'm going for yet, so any recomendations would be really appreciated!

Awww, I tried really hard, but I ended up just making a silly customisation. XD If I had a Meerca, the Meerca Magician Moustache, and Morning Meerca Slippers would definitely be part of the customisation. They make me giggle!

Background wise, the Beautiful Desert Oasis Background looks beautiful (Hah, obviously).