The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

PEOP has also hit 30, for anyone interested in sellling it at that point! :)

Thanks!! Sold at 32.

I'd try and aim for about 30-35 different stocks. Sometimes you may want to buy a multiple if you see a particulary good stock (Rated an A/B on neodaq) as you can always get the other not-so-great-rated stocks later, but in general you should be aiming for a whole bunch of all the stocks. It'll probably take you about a month and a half to get 30 different stocks if you buy consistently. :)

About the A/B rating.. I've never noticed this before. Where can I find this?

About the A/B rating.. I've never noticed this before. Where can I find this?

On the left under stock charts: http://www.neodaq.com/reportcard.php?sort=Live

If you have a particular sell point, you can use the advanced report card as well: http://www.neodaq.com/charts/ReportCard.php

Just find your sell point and then click "Grade" under it and the stocks will appear in order of Grade.

Ah, so it's a site outside Neopets. I thought there was a rating system built into the site that I never noticed. Thanks jcpet!

Its basically on what stock goes high to a certain sell point. I dpn't trust neopets now. Everything is down but it doesn't say it. Shops are restocking, the stocks aren't changing, auctions aren't being processed even the mall is glitched.

Just a heads up, UNIB is at 57! Yay. I'm predicting it will hit 60 later today. *fingers crossed*

I sold peop at 31 for a quick 62k. Better than nothing. I think I've been holding that stock since I first started playing! lol. Wish I would have caught SKBD at 70 though!

Does anyone know if STFP is a decent stock to invest in? I have like 4k of it so I hope it is. & I have 4k of HUW which seems to be going up, so I hope I can sell that later this week.

I'm so happy to start seeing profits!

It kinda sucks that I'm not close to the avi anymore though. :( Wahhh. I'm never gonna get it. lol.

EDIT: Most of you are probably asleep but UNIB is at 60 now!!! and I am predicting it'll keep going up. I *might* wait and see if this stock hits 70 or higher. I was upset that I missed out on SKDB hitting 70, I sold at 62. Does anyone have any feedback on this specific stock and if it tends to go really high? I'm kinda unsure. I'd be disappointed if it went way down like KBAT did awhile back for some people here.

Okay and one more quick question. This is my current port numbers -

Totals: 56,500 866,000 956,500 +10.45%

I haven't bought anything today yet. I was wondering if I could get the avi by buying any of the stocks? If so - which one should I buy in order to get the avvie? Also - is this considered risky even if I did sell it right afterwards? Do I even have enough invested yet to buy a stock and get the avatar?

Just realized I asked a lot of questions but if someone could give me some feedback on them all It'd be really appreciated!

Also, I've never asked this question in fear of sounding stupid but I just can't figure out the meaning behind the terms used on neodaq! I don't know what "average, median, runs, and days/run" mean. I mean - I assumed average was the average price of the stock, but it seems like the majority of them are at around 15 - including CYBU. When I saw CYBU listed at an average of 13, I second guessed myself because that stock is usually always high.

I sold 2k of SKBD at 60-ish a few days ago.

Today, I sold 3k UNIB at 60.

1k left for skyrocketing or something.

Bought 1k FISH at 15.

Average I think is the average of a stock, maybe CYBU was asleep in its early years...

median is the number in the middle of a sequence

Example: 2,3,9,12,13,14,7

Median is 9.

run is what you call on the movement of a stock from buy range (15-17) to the designated sell point and back into the buy range.

days/run is the time it takes a stock to move from buy range to the designated sell point and back into the buy range.

Maybe buy 500 shares of VPTS and sell right away, but if you are patient and buy everyday, you'll get it anyway in 9 days assuming you don't sell anything.

I sold 2k of SKBD at 60-ish a few days ago.

Today, I sold 3k UNIB at 60.

1k left for skyrocketing or something.

Bought 1k FISH at 15.

Average I think is the average of a stock, maybe CYBU was asleep in its early years...

median is the number in the middle of a sequence

Example: 2,3,9,12,13,14,7

Median is 9.

run is what you call on the movement of a stock from buy range (15-17) to the designated sell point and back into the buy range.

days/run is the time it takes a stock to move from buy range to the designated sell point and back into the buy range.

Maybe buy 500 shares of VPTS and sell right away, but if you are patient and buy everyday, you'll get it anyway in 9 days assuming you don't sell anything.

That's my main issue. Lol. I've been selling a lot lately. I'll probably end up buying VPTS in the next few days and selling it right off. Thank you for clearing that up for me and the neodaq thing. Much appreciated!

I also bought FISH at 15 and sold 1k of UNIB in hopes that the other 2k will sky-rocket.

I'd try and aim for about 30-35 different stocks. Sometimes you may want to buy a multiple if you see a particulary good stock (Rated an A/B on neodaq) as you can always get the other not-so-great-rated stocks later, but in general you should be aiming for a whole bunch of all the stocks. It'll probably take you about a month and a half to get 30 different stocks if you buy consistently. :)

Another question... why would I want to invest in all/most stocks and not just the A/B ones??

Another question... why would I want to invest in all/most stocks and not just the A/B ones??

Well, sometimes nothing rated A/B will be in buying range. Also, some stocks will surprise you- some that have always been 'bad' stocks will suddenly rise up. Even if you sell those other stocks at a lower amount than you normally would (say, at 30 rather than 60), that's still double your investment.

Just a heads up, UNIB is at 57! Yay. I'm predicting it will hit 60 later today. *fingers crossed*

I sold peop at 31 for a quick 62k. Better than nothing. I think I've been holding that stock since I first started playing! lol. Wish I would have caught SKBD at 70 though!

Does anyone know if STFP is a decent stock to invest in? I have like 4k of it so I hope it is. & I have 4k of HUW which seems to be going up, so I hope I can sell that later this week.

I'm so happy to start seeing profits!

It kinda sucks that I'm not close to the avi anymore though. :( Wahhh. I'm never gonna get it. lol.

EDIT: Most of you are probably asleep but UNIB is at 60 now!!! and I am predicting it'll keep going up. I *might* wait and see if this stock hits 70 or higher. I was upset that I missed out on SKDB hitting 70, I sold at 62. Does anyone have any feedback on this specific stock and if it tends to go really high? I'm kinda unsure. I'd be disappointed if it went way down like KBAT did awhile back for some people here.

Okay and one more quick question. This is my current port numbers -

Totals: 56,500 866,000 956,500 +10.45%

I haven't bought anything today yet. I was wondering if I could get the avi by buying any of the stocks? If so - which one should I buy in order to get the avvie? Also - is this considered risky even if I did sell it right afterwards? Do I even have enough invested yet to buy a stock and get the avatar?

Just realized I asked a lot of questions but if someone could give me some feedback on them all It'd be really appreciated!

Also, I've never asked this question in fear of sounding stupid but I just can't figure out the meaning behind the terms used on neodaq! I don't know what "average, median, runs, and days/run" mean. I mean - I assumed average was the average price of the stock, but it seems like the majority of them are at around 15 - including CYBU. When I saw CYBU listed at an average of 13, I second guessed myself because that stock is usually always high.

Some stocks that often go high to 60 are KAUF, SKBD, TNPT with A+. ACFI, LDSC, MPC, TNHA and SWNC go high too with A. I am surprised at ACFI rarely passing 30 nowadays but when it does it usually goes pretty high. FISH, SKBD, and YIPP are good for a 100 sell point.

HUW is at 61, everyone. :)

Summary : You had 16409 NP. After 4 successful transactions, you have 260389.

Thank you so much for the help everyone! Unfortuntley I missed HUW at 60. It's at 55 now. :(

Thank you so much for the help everyone! Unfortuntley I missed HUW at 60. It's at 55 now. :(

No problem, I didn't miss HUW, I only have 1k of it so I'm holding till 70.

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission.

Summary : You had 170757 NP. After 6 successful transactions, you have 482737.

UNIB is back above 60!

Summary : You had 198534 NP. After 5 successful transactions, you have 503514.

:O The stock market has been very good to me this week!

Thanks Rebecca. I was able to sell at 60. The stock market has been EXCELLENT for me these past two weeks as well! :happydance:

Thanks Rebecca. I was able to sell at 60. The stock market has been EXCELLENT for me these past two weeks as well! :happydance:

Yay, I'm glad you caught it! :D

Heh, it sure made up for the lackluster couple of months we've been having! :)