The Habitarium Help Board

Zombiiesque

Hey! I'm zombiiesque's daughter, you can call me Dani. I'm also at level 50 and would gladly send you gifts daily too if you need me too! I have way too many resources and I would love to help someone :) So if you want, friend request me and I will send some gifts your way :) Let me know too if you need anything in particular too :)

I skimmed briefly over the guides on TDN but once I read a bit more in depth I discovered I didn't really know what one earth I am doing. Apparently when you pick a Habi there is a certain one that is supposed to be picked to get you the most wood stone and mud. I didn't pick that one. Darnit! I am currently in the process of reading the guides again.

How are you not supposed to waste your resources on food if all of your P3's are hungry? And my P3's have a hard time understanding that I want them to harvest wood stone and mud. I can usually only get one or two to get what I want them to do the other ones just look around like ???? and then walk away from them.

Thank you so much! I will send you a friend request as soon as I am done typing this. When I first joined the forums I was told how nice everyone is here but nice is an understatement. :)

Yeah, I made the same mistake as you when I first joined. I looked at your habi though and the layout you picked is a great one for gem spawnage at level 50! So no worries there. P3's don't need food. You just put them in the houses and in about 5 minutes they will have all of there stats restored. So it sounds like you just need more houses. I gifted you one today and will do the same tomorrow.

Also, ONLY workers and nesters will harvest resources. So if you are trying to put a soldier near a resource to harvest it won't work. Soldiers can fix buildings though.

So quick question related to upgrading buildings. Do these upgrades really result in 300xp? I've been trying to watch for the xp gain from the upgrades, but haven't seen any. Is it supposed to be a single +300XP similar to when a structure is built?

It gives 300xp. I've tried and it actually shows for me. I can upgrade 2 in 30 seconds so +~680.

I thought I'd share an idea I came up with for hatching new P3s. I don't like the idea of a hatching day because it's really easy to forget what the day and time it happens at, so I could lose out on lots of exp.

The idea is simple: make hatching day everyday! If you hatch a few eggs at the same every day, you won't have to scramble to get 46 eggs hatched 30 seconds before bed because you're like me and completely forgot your habi existed.

The planning for it is the same for the hatching day plan. Wait for all P3s to die off and wait until your chosen time to start this schedule:

Schedule:

Day one: Hatch 6/7 eggs (If you're like me and sacrifice one P3 so you can see what eggs you get, hatch 6, otherwise hatch 7)

Day two: Hatch 6 eggs

Day three: Hatch 6 eggs

Day four: Hatch 6 eggs

Day five: Hatch 6 eggs

Day six: Hatch 6 eggs

Day seven: Hatch 6 eggs

Day eight: The first batch will have died off by now. Hatch 9/10 eggs.

PS I know that the number of eggs hatched doesn't add up to 46. Don't forget the worker, nester and soldier the professor gives you when you run out. ;)

PPS The downside to this is decreased income for a week, but I think it might be worthwhile in the long run.

So quick question related to upgrading buildings. Do these upgrades really result in 300xp? I've been trying to watch for the xp gain from the upgrades, but haven't seen any. Is it supposed to be a single +300XP similar to when a structure is built?

You definitely get XP when you upgrade. :)

I thought I'd share an idea I came up with for hatching new P3s. I don't like the idea of a hatching day because it's really easy to forget what the day and time it happens at, so I could lose out on lots of exp.

The idea is simple: make hatching day everyday! If you hatch a few eggs at the same every day, you won't have to scramble to get 46 eggs hatched 30 seconds before bed because you're like me and completely forgot your habi existed.

The planning for it is the same for the hatching day plan. Wait for all P3s to die off and wait until your chosen time to start this schedule:

Schedule:

Day one: Hatch 6/7 eggs (If you're like me and sacrifice one P3 so you can see what eggs you get, hatch 6, otherwise hatch 7)

PS I know that the number of eggs hatched doesn't add up to 46. Don't forget the worker, nester and soldier the professor gives you when you run out. ;)

PPS The downside to this is decreased income for a week, but I think it might be worthwhile in the long run.

That sounds a lot like what I've been doing! I didn't wait until they ALL died off, just when the 'main' hatching day went by, I started hatching 7 a day. The rest will die off before the end of the week, so my pattern won't be messed up. :)

I don't worry about which type of eggs my nesters have laid- I harvest them all, and then once every couple of days I go and prune the ones I don't need. I also don't want to be without any nesters, because (please, correct me if I'm wrong!) the Professor just gives you a new P3, not an egg. My Habi is just Pinchits, so I don't want any Mootix or Larnikins sticking out like sore thumbs! LOL

My schedule is like this (just in case anyone is wondering!)

Day 1 (Friday, for me!) : 2 nesters, 5 workers. (7)

Day 2: 2 soldiers, 5 workers (14)

Day 3: 2 nesters, 5 workers (21)

Day 4: 8 workers (29)

Day 5: 8 workers (37)

Day 6: 9 workers (46)

Day 7: day off :)

That sounds a lot like what I've been doing! I didn't wait until they ALL died off, just when the 'main' hatching day went by, I started hatching 7 a day. The rest will die off before the end of the week, so my pattern won't be messed up. :)

That's a very good point! I've been waiting for mine to die off and so far, I've only lost five in four days. x.x;;

It gives 300xp. I've tried and it actually shows for me. I can upgrade 2 in 30 seconds so +~680.

Thanks for the verification! I haven't ever seen the +300xp when I've upgraded... Hopefully I'm still getting the xp, and not experiencing some kind of glitch.

Update: So I am getting the xp, it's just that the alert doesn't appear next to the structure. Thanks again! :)

Thanks for the verification! I haven't ever seen the +300xp when I've upgraded... Hopefully I'm still getting the xp, and not experiencing some kind of glitch.

Hmm, I hope not! Try doing it when all your P3s are resting- that way there won't be any of their XP messing up your count! It can take a moment or two, and the notification of the XP should show up on the left hand side (at least, that's where it always does for me!).

If the XP doesn't show up at all, consider opening up a ticket with TNT asking about it. :)

That's a very good point! I've been waiting for mine to die off and so far, I've only lost five in four days. x.x;;

Ugh. :( Hopefully the rest start going pretty soon!

Hmm, I hope not! Try doing it when all your P3s are resting- that way there won't be any of their XP messing up your count! It can take a moment or two, and the notification of the XP should show up on the left hand side (at least, that's where it always does for me!).

Your suggestion worked. My notification just appeared in the top right hand corner, which was confusing since it was nowhere near the structure being upgraded. Thanks! :)

Your suggestion worked. My notification just appeared in the top right hand corner, which was confusing since it was nowhere near the structure being upgraded. Thanks! :)

You're welcome! I'm glad you were getting the XP all along. :D

Yeah, mine was never by the structures I was upgrading either. Go figure! LOL. :)

Schedule:

I don't worry about which type of eggs my nesters have laid- I harvest them all, and then once every couple of days I go and prune the ones I don't need. I also don't want to be without any nesters, because (please, correct me if I'm wrong!) the Professor just gives you a new P3, not an egg. My Habi is just Pinchits, so I don't want any Mootix or Larnikins sticking out like sore thumbs! LOL

My schedule is like this (just in case anyone is wondering!)

Day 1 (Friday, for me!) : 2 nesters, 5 workers. (7)

Day 2: 2 soldiers, 5 workers (14)

Day 3: 2 nesters, 5 workers (21)

Day 4: 8 workers (29)

Day 5: 8 workers (37)

Day 6: 9 workers (46)

Day 7: day off :)

Hey you two, this is a pretty helpful and neat idea - do you think a. It would be a good idea to put this in with the information in the first post? and b. Would you mind if I credited you both if so?

Hey you two, this is a pretty helpful and neat idea - do you think a. It would be a good idea to put this in with the information in the first post? and b. Would you mind if I credited you both if so?

I could see it being pretty helpful to newbies! I'm fine with it going in the first post. ^_^

I say go right ahead. It's a great strategy for hatching eggs, if the Hatching Day plan doesn't work. =)

Well, that didn't take long at ALL. Locked out again. I came back to "adobe flash plugin has crashed" and had a sinking feeling in my stomach. :sad02: This is so not fair. I can't play habi, I can't play KQ, I suck at restocking... and those are all the good ways to make NP's. Now, I'm at a loss as to what to do.

STUPID COMPUTER. akasdlgjfsdfsd :grrr: :thumbsdown: :( :axehead:

Well, that didn't take long at ALL. Locked out again. I came back to "adobe flash plugin has crashed" and had a sinking feeling in my stomach. :sad02: This is so not fair. I can't play habi, I can't play KQ, I suck at restocking... and those are all the good ways to make NP's. Now, I'm at a loss as to what to do.

STUPID COMPUTER. akasdlgjfsdfsd :grrr: :thumbsdown: :( :axehead:

D: Ugh, I'm so sorry. :(

Well, open another ticket- at the very least you can get it unlocked, and you can have it going while you're at the computer to moniter it-- it's only when the board gets full of gems and it crashes that it locks you out.

I'll try to help you figure out how to get it to stop crashing on you though! What broswer are you using now for Habi?

D: Ugh, I'm so sorry. :(

Well, open another ticket- at the very least you can get it unlocked, and you can have it going while you're at the computer to moniter it-- it's only when the board gets full of gems and it crashes that it locks you out.

I'll try to help you figure out how to get it to stop crashing on you though! What broswer are you using now for Habi?

Thanks so much Rebecca. I'm using firefox. I tried downloading google chrome and using that, but it makes it so much slower. I'm running windows vista. One of the worst operating systems. :sad01_anim:

Thanks so much Rebecca. I'm using firefox. I tried downloading google chrome and using that, but it makes it so much slower. I'm running windows vista. One of the worst operating systems. :sad01_anim:

Ugh, I'm with you on that! I'm running Vista too. >.<

Apparently this is a really widespread problem, but they did some stuff to try to fix it- donno how effective that is! (http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9228374/Adobe_fixes_Flash_Player_for_Firefox_to_stop_crashes)

Well, the Firefox people say to make sure you're running the most recent version of both Flash and Firefox first (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/adobe-flash-plugin-has-crashed).

One of the commenters here (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/935721) suggest disabling Firefox's hardewear graphics acceleration (no clue what that is, but he give instruction on how to do it!)

There are some further suggestions on this support page (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/933639).

I say give those a try- especially making sure that they're both fully updated. Try other suggestions after that. Hopefully something will help!

Ugh, I'm with you on that! I'm running Vista too. >.<

Apparently this is a really widespread problem, but they did some stuff to try to fix it- donno how effective that is! (http://www.computerw...to_stop_crashes)

Well, the Firefox people say to make sure you're running the most recent version of both Flash and Firefox first (http://support.mozil...gin-has-crashed).

One of the commenters here (http://support.mozil...uestions/935721) suggest disabling Firefox's hardewear graphics acceleration (no clue what that is, but he give instruction on how to do it!)

There are some further suggestions on this support page (http://support.mozil...uestions/933639).

I say give those a try- especially making sure that they're both fully updated. Try other suggestions after that. Hopefully something will help!

You are so awesome Rebecca. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to look that up for me, you are really sweet. :wub_anim: I'm just really beyond frustrated because before habi I was only making 20k a day at most. (Some days I'd make more if I got lucky on a daily or something) But.... I can't play KQ with my PC at all. I can't afford to get it fixed or get a new one unfortunatley. Although I'm getting a new computer for Christmas from my bf. (: Xmas cannot come fast enough! :P & The days I was able to play habi was a real help! Before that I couldn't manage to save at all. So... I'm determined to fix this issue!

I sent a ticket into TNT. Last time I was pretty lucky. They unlocked me in about 3-4 days. But I'm afraid if they see that they just fixed this issue for me a week ago.... then maybe they will think I'm abusing it and not respond? :weird: I think I may have read something like that somewhere... perhaps in this topic? Idk how true it is though.

Anyways, I will for sure give those links a try and see if I can fix the issue. I guess I won't know for sure until I (hopefully) get my habi back and I'm able to test them out. No more running it overnight for sure. The only reason I was doing that before is b/c I wasn't able to get on the computer and do something else while running habi (like facebook, or get on here). I mean, I could.. but it'd be really super slow. :thumbsdown: So, I guess I should just stick to using it in 3-4 hour bursts when I'm not on my PC? It's just that I practically live on this thing. I'm constantly on it for something, whether it's studying or looking something up for college, facebook, neopets, etc.

Oh, uhm... since you are running windows vista too... would you mind telling me what kind of anti-virus/malware removal programs you are using? Currently I have CCleaner, Microsoft Security essentials, and Malwarebytes. They all have great reviews and everything.... but maybe I need to try something else? I also defrag my PC once a week. Do you do anything extra to keep your pc running smoothly?

Thanks! :) & I'm sorry for all the questions.

You are so awesome Rebecca. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to look that up for me, you are really sweet. :wub_anim: I'm just really beyond frustrated because before habi I was only making 20k a day at most. (Some days I'd make more if I got lucky on a daily or something) But.... I can't play KQ with my PC at all. I can't afford to get it fixed or get a new one unfortunatley. Although I'm getting a new computer for Christmas from my bf. (: Xmas cannot come fast enough! :P & The days I was able to play habi was a real help! Before that I couldn't manage to save at all. So... I'm determined to fix this issue!

I sent a ticket into TNT. Last time I was pretty lucky. They unlocked me in about 3-4 days. But I'm afraid if they see that they just fixed this issue for me a week ago.... then maybe they will think I'm abusing it and not respond? :weird: I think I may have read something like that somewhere... perhaps in this topic? Idk how true it is though.

Anyways, I will for sure give those links a try and see if I can fix the issue. I guess I won't know for sure until I (hopefully) get my habi back and I'm able to test them out. No more running it overnight for sure. The only reason I was doing that before is b/c I wasn't able to get on the computer and do something else while running habi (like facebook, or get on here). I mean, I could.. but it'd be really super slow. :thumbsdown: So, I guess I should just stick to using it in 3-4 hour bursts when I'm not on my PC? It's just that I practically live on this thing. I'm constantly on it for something, whether it's studying or looking something up for college, facebook, neopets, etc.

Oh, uhm... since you are running windows vista too... would you mind telling me what kind of anti-virus/malware removal programs you are using? Currently I have CCleaner, Microsoft Security essentials, and Malwarebytes. They all have great reviews and everything.... but maybe I need to try something else? I also defrag my PC once a week. Do you do anything extra to keep your pc running smoothly?

Thanks! :) & I'm sorry for all the questions.

No worries! Ask away, hun. :)

Currently, I only have AVG on my computer. It seems to do a really good job of keeping me virius free (though I do a lot less downloading than I used to!). I defrag occasionally. I think that the thing that has helped me the most is diabling a lot of Vistas more annoying 'features'. >.> I don't know if you've done that yet, but cutting those out made my computer run so much smoother- right out of the box!

(Here are a couple links, just in case you haven't!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-vista-feature-guide/

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9114106/12_unnecessary_Vista_features_you_can_disable_right_now

http://windows.about.com/od/customizingwindows/qt/speed_up_vista.htm

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-optional-and-probably-unnecessary-windows-vista-components/)

I also don't store much of anything on my computer. I have an external harddrive that all of my music, photos, etc, are on, so I have only a tiny portion of my computer's memory used. I don't know how much that really helps, but it seems to make things run smoother! (I really don't know how accurate this metaphor is, but I've always pictured my computer as an attic. The fewer boxes that I have in it, the faster I can get around to find what is in the boxes I do have! So I make sure to delete any programs I don't use, and files I haven't accessed in a while (unless they're important, and then I move them over to the external harddrive).

Maybe mention in your ticket that you're trying to resolve a problem with flash crashing- hopefully they'll understand, and not assume you're abusing anything. -hugs- I'm sure they'll help you out.

Is there anything else that crashes for you? It might help to be able to check those and see if they're still crashing.

(Also, a side note- when you get your Habi back, maybe just limit how MUCH your workers can harvest overnight. Only leave out a couple of storages. They'll still make you SOME NP, but there shouldn't be enough gems spawning to create a lockout if it crashes overnight.)

I hope some of those suggestions help! If not, I will pull out my google-fu again, and see if I can find some other suggestions. :3

Well, if nothing else, you're only two months away from a brand new computer (omg so jealous!). That'll be amazing at least. :3

Thanks so much Rebecca. I've been using some of those links and it's been making my computer faster so far! On another note -

Is anyone else getting this error message on habi: Error: Thanks for visiting Prof. Milton Clodbottle's Astounding Habitarium! The game is temporaily offline for maintenance.

Is it just me?

Thanks so much Rebecca. I've been using some of those links and it's been making my computer faster so far! On another note -

Is anyone else getting this error message on habi: Error: Thanks for visiting Prof. Milton Clodbottle's Astounding Habitarium! The game is temporaily offline for maintenance.

Is it just me?

It's not just you. I believe it is for everyone. It just occurred today.

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/35809-habitarium-down-for-maintenance/#entry649038