Why does TNT make Fishing so hard....

i got the avatar at about level 130. was incredibly frustrating but hang in there!

the other day i got a flask of rainbow fountain water (about 2 million) so its worth doing it every day :P

i don't go for the 12 hours thing, i just do it once a day with my dailies ^_^

Can you level go up if you don`t find anything in the waters? Curious question here.

You mean when it tells you to be patient and to try later? If so, then no. You need to catch something in order to level up, but you can level up regardless of what you catch.

i got the avatar at about level 130. was incredibly frustrating but hang in there!

the other day i got a flask of rainbow fountain water (about 2 million) so its worth doing it every day :P

i don't go for the 12 hours thing, i just do it once a day with my dailies ^_^

I also do it with my dailies, but it isn't going great. I'm almost at twenty... And I thought you would get the avatar soon when you reached 80, but now I'm reading it might take level 130.... :(

My pets are all at level 40-something right now. I usually get junk too, or fish, but sometimes I get a Bag of Broken Neopoints, and once I got a book.

There's also a book called Fishing Made Easy, which can increase your pets fishing skill by a few points.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at 130 now, and finally got something worth keeping or selling, a Soggy Scroll, worth about 1,000 NP. It's a start. :icecream:

OK, I'm at level 212 now. Since then, I can't remember getting anything of value over 1,000, and very few things even worth a few hundred NP. Hope springs eternal I guess.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 6 months later...

I always save everything I fish up, because I'm hoarding for rubbish avi. :) So I'm actually pretty glad that it gives away lots of useless junk. I'm cheap, and wouldn't want to discard anything that cost over 2NP's. :P

I think the fishing thing resets when you check it before the 12hour mark. For example, I've noticed if I check it at 8PM and then check at 7AM, it won't let me receive anything until 7PM or later.

I don't know, I don't think fishing is all that hard. xD I'm starting fresh and it's nothing that I'm leaning on heavily to give back in any sense, but it's fun to watch the really simple investment of clicking on it twice a day.

I think it's really good because it actually does increase if you stick to it, unlike other dailies that are like "Oh, nope, you thought you got a prize? Even maybe twice a week. NOTHING FOR YOU FOR A MONTH LOL."

Fishing isn't hard at all! All you have to do is click a button and you automatically pull up junk - I think the word you're looking for is pointless!

I luckily got the avatar around lv. 70. The only reason I keep fishing is for my pet's userlookup. I hate low numbers if there's something I can do about it, so all my pets fish and do employment agency jobs, etc., so they look awesome :P

• 2 weeks later...

I just go fishing once a day usually. My fishing level is 129 right now. I already have the avatar, but getting it might take a while. I guess you just have to be patient and eventually you'll level up. Also, the time between catching something is random as far as I know.

I thought this thread was going to be about how "hard" it is to make all your pets active so they can fish, since it requires a separate tab/window. It'd be nice if they revamped the fishing page so that you could select which pet was going fishing right on the page (similar to the way the Soup Faerie is set up).

YES, siniri! I quit fishing because switching is a giant pain and the payout is typically junk. But I feel for everyone working on the avvie--this is one of the few I got randomly before I knew what avatars even were. So now I just waste my time at geraptiku, symole hole, tdmbgpop, wheel of knowledge.... y'all know the drill.

I thought this thread was going to be about how "hard" it is to make all your pets active so they can fish, since it requires a separate tab/window. It'd be nice if they revamped the fishing page so that you could select which pet was going fishing right on the page (similar to the way the Soup Faerie is set up).

I agree... this would speed things up more. XD I gave up on fishing for my other neopets haha. Just stuck to my main one :P

• 10 months later...

I really don't think the switching pets is all that hard, I just have my pet page and fishing page open on two different tabs so it's not much of a hassle

Do you have that much of a better chance at fishing expensive items? It took me forever to get my main pet past level 80, I don't think I have the patience to do the rest!