Begin the Feedback Tickets!

Azeruth

*WARNING*

Some of the things I said in my ticket to TNT may be considered extremely negative towards TNT themselves or to certain teams, reader discretion is advised. ;)

This was the worst Altador Cup I have ever participated in. I put the most effort into this one and it was completely worthless. You made too many changes and none of them made any sense. "Huge thanks to all for such a spirited tourney that has turned out to be among the best yet." This was not "among the best yet", I have yet to come across a single person that said they liked the Cup this year. I politely ask that you remove that from the page.

Winning games didn't matter. Roo Island swept Haunted Woods but Haunted Woods magically stayed above them in the bracket. If that wasn't the clearest indication then I don't know what is. The bracket system was a complete failure. We all knew Kreludor was going to win as soon as the finals were dropped, they always fold in the finals. This year they didn't have to worry. Take into account horrendous "random" brackets and you created the worst jumble of inaccurate placings in the history of the Altador Cup.

I love the Altador Cup. I love it a lot, and to see it turn into this monstrosity is terrible. You could have made the bracket system far better. Wins, losses, and draws should have actually influenced the placings. We surmised it was total overall effort, which means that from the start of the Cup the standings were pretty much set in stone. Teams that pulled an upset didn't make any difference, Yooyuball, the main sport was no longer worth the time to play because it was no longer worth the same, as made clear by the fact that Meridell won it in the tie-breaker but lost overall anyway.

How in the world did Haunted Woods, who overall did the 16th best out of everyone, finish NINTH? They did TERRIBLE. They got swept by Roo Island twice but still beat them in the bracket? How does that make sense to you? Krawk Island was the 5th best overall and because of a magical final bracket score that saw the largest increase in gap points, 6, they wound up 7th behind a struggling to survive Kiko Lake, who should have been passed by Lost Desert in the Round 4 bracket. I looked back at all of the nearby position gaps, Kiko Lake needed 5 points to tie Krawk Island for 6th, no gap had been more than 4 points. Suddenly the gap between 2nd and 3rd jumped to SIX points? How is that fair? Lost Desert deserved 2nd in the Minitheus Bracket, not Kiko Lake, and I like Kiko Lake. But they collapsed at the end and still got 2nd.

If the brackets were actually based on wins, losses, and draws, maybe then maybe the hourly bracket updates would have actually done something. Pretty sure aside from Day 1, I only saw the brackets change once in 24 days. What's the point? And why weren't we able to play every team at least once? You could have just made the random brackets for Round 1 and Round 4, and then for 2 and 3 put those teams that hadn't played each other together. We never played Haunted Woods or Brightvale, of course winning didn't matter so I guess it wasn't important to you.

If you want to make the Altador Cup "more fair" for smaller teams or for more teams to stand a chance, try making it possible for more teams to win. Try a Single Round Robin to keep the Cup shorter, and then 2 finals brackets. The Championship Bracket holds 8 teams in single elimination. The wins, losses, and draws help determine the seeding for the 18 teams. #1 seed plays the #8 seed, etc. You play one game, win and advance, lose and fight for a better placement against other losers. For the other 10 teams, do the same, #9 plays #18. Any teams that end up without a possible opponent play the practice team for Prize Points, similar to the tie-breaker day. At least then 8 teams stand a chance at winning.

This Cup was a total disaster. All 3 of the top teams were supported by outside All-Star groups, some of which have been rumored to use cheating programs. If you don't like the SRR/Finals idea, you could make it completely fair and even for everyone by simply making it random for everyone. No one picks a team, they join whomever the Random Yooyuball Team Picking Machine gives them. No more All-Star groups influencing results, no more outpowered teams, everyone has a fair chance at the title. The only problem is people have a "loyalty" problem, but that's too bad. If you want it fair for everyone, everyone gets a random team.

If you do an Altador Cup VIII, please try not to do anything TOO drastic. Or at least the month prior give us a heads up and ask, "Would you like to see this change?" instead of dropping a whole new system on us and praying it works. Because it didn't. It failed miserably, and you really should have just come out and said why the bracket standings were the way they were. Instead of just ignoring questions, you could have easily quelled some of the anger by just saying, "The standings are based on x, x, and x." We surmised it's total effort or strength of schedule because it was clear winning and losing made no difference.

And please fix the Darigan Yooyus, either make it so they go away after 45 seconds of game time if we can't score (similar to the Clockwork Yooyu) or just reduce their probability.

Thank you, and please make Altador Cup VIII more enjoyable, because it was horrendous this year.

Sincerely,

Matt

So, there's mine. Almost guarantee they don't read it and I get some automated response. If they don't respond I'll copy and paste it back into a new ticket and send it in again. And I'll flood the editorial. I'll make sure they know my thoughts.

Wait so you send in a ticket? Oh ho ho ho! I really like your ticket! It is well explained what your problem is and ways to fix it. I LOVE IT!! :D

Last year they had a feedback feature, this year they apparently don't, so you can send in a ticket under the "Comments and Feedback" type and select "Altador Cup" and tada. Ticket for feedback.

Last year they had a feedback feature, this year they apparently don't, so you can send in a ticket under the "Comments and Feedback" type and select "Altador Cup" and tada. Ticket for feedback.

Alright! Ill be posting my Ticket later. I know why they didnt want to do a Feedback part of the AC. Cause even TNT knew this was the worst AC ever.

Hopefully they listen!

I didn't know that Kreludor had one of the roaming groups of All-Stars. :( Oh well, I love my team no matter what.

Hopefully they listen!

I didn't know that Kreludor had one of the roaming groups of All-Stars. :( Oh well, I love my team no matter what.

They've had SOTAC the last two years. The only reason KD lost last year was because of the finals. Not sure why but apparently when the finals come around KD isn't strong enough to take on full powered teams. This year they were the best hands down though.

However ACV they were strong without SOTAC, I think SOTAC just gives them the extra boost.

I am behind you 100% and am glad you put in the ticket. I hope something comes of it, and I don't think you're the only one, either.

We can only hope next year will be better.

Be careful if you plan to keep sending in tickets. Sometimes it can take a while to reply to a ticket, and I'm not sure if flooding the response system is ground for warning/freezing.

I do agree that the random groupings was not the best way to showcase skill because some teams never played each other. To get accurate results of who is best, each team would have to play each other at least once. The SRR/ finals would be the most accurate way to decide the top team.

As far as teams winning who have more support, it's not unlike RL sports without a salary cap. The best teams have the most money to spend, get the best players because they can afford then and win more often, like the Yankees. It's part of the game. Just like teams with bigger fan bases have a better chance at winning, assuming scores are weighted evenly. To truely know how "fair" the game is, TNT would have to release the formula they use to determine rankings, which they can't because people would exploit it.

And so far as I heard, there were a bunch of freezings of people suspected to be using cheating programs, so at least they're trying to weed them out.

They've had SOTAC the last two years. The only reason KD lost last year was because of the finals. Not sure why but apparently when the finals come around KD isn't strong enough to take on full powered teams. This year they were the best hands down though.

However ACV they were strong without SOTAC, I think SOTAC just gives them the extra boost.

Ahhh, okay. I haven't been around for the AC before, so I didn't know where the teams had been previously. I had just heard that one of them back Kiko Lake, etc, so... :)

And to think that I was under the impression that tickets had a word limit. I hope it gets through to them! I'm debating sending in feedback...

I think it said 64,000 characters.

Ahhh, okay. I haven't been around for the AC before, so I didn't know where the teams had been previously. I had just heard that one of them back Kiko Lake, etc, so... :)

This year KD has SOTAC, MI and KL split a fractured STEALTH, and MD had Neo[Removed].

Last year KD had SOTAC and VP had STEALTH.

ACV I know LD has SOTAC.

The last 3 years have been won by teams backed by All-Star groups.

Just got my first ever warning from TNT for daring to say Neo [Removed]. Apparently it's considered "profanity" because if you put Neo[Removed] together it brings up the filter.

Too bad I've mentioned Neo [Removed] on the boards more than once. If they legitimately freeze me over this I'm going to get severely pissed.

Interesting. I was on hiatus from the third cup through last October so I've missed most of the cup drama but I agree this year was not good. Your ticket was well-phrased and offered legitimate suggestions as well as directly targeted criticism. If they care at about concrit, yours is exactly what they should be looking for. Well done. I'm anxious to hear their reply.

Well they already warned me for the first time ever, but it was for a post that I made yesterday I believe. Which is weird, I guess they are holding onto some things and then later warn you if you repeat something.

They are probably avoiding the survey this year, so we have to make it a point ourselves to tell them what was wrong and what to fix and why this year was awful. I paid for NeoCash, I have a say.

Shenkuu was the team that suffered the most ... granted , we were not the best , but we were much better than many other teams .. we only got swept a couple times .. and we almost swept BV and KL (twice) and beat HW and RI (like 3 times out of 4) ... and Moltara placed above us because Moltara played FL like 6 times in the cup and we didn't play them or FL !!! ...

Ohhoho, revenge is sweet. :evil: I have not thought of sending in a ticket, yours is well done and nicely thought out. I don't know what I would say. But I agree with everyone else this was the worst Cup ever, and that the Darigan Yooyus REALLY need a fix. Make them act the way they used to!

My ticket! May not be as a good as Azeruth but still :3

This Altador Cup was Horrendous! I have yet to seen person that says they like it. I have been playing the Altador Cup since AC III. From AC III through AC VI was fabulous! I love the double round robin. Yet you guys decided to change it so it would be awkward to say "Oh yeah last year we messed up so we are going back to DRR."

The first mistake you guys made. The Bracket System. Now this was just messed up. The Brackets barely moved at all! ANd some times the brackets didnt move at all! Once the bracket was placed it just stayed there. Like a rock. It did nothing interesting. Also many teams never versed each other! I being a Meridell Knight has never versed Maraqua and Darigan Citadel. Also when you changed up the brackets, teams just traveled with each other! With Moltara and Faerieland they were together for 3 rounds! Those random brackets made no sense.

Second Problem: Teams in the Brackets. Roo Island versed and swept Haunted Woods but magically Haunted Woods stayed above Roo Island. And then Haunted Woods got what place? 9TH PLACE?!? They did TERRIBLE this year! The final bracket helped them but that bracket was screwed up so they dont deserved 9th place! Also Kiko Lake had a solid start but faltered at the end of the cup!! Krawk Island deserved 6th not Kiko Lake. I like Kiko Lake I even supported them but still they dont deserve 6th.

And we go to my final problem. The tie breaker. This was the most poorly exacuted part of the AC. Meridell took YYB and MSN yet got third play while Mystery Island only won 2 side games? It seems like you dont care much about YYB. even though you say and i quote: "The main event Yooyuball" Not much of a mail event if it is worth less than 2 side games huh?

Again i say that this is the worst cup i have ever participated in so what ever you can to fix it will make me and the rest of the Altador Cup player happy.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, Pepe

If I'm not mistaken, Darigan Citadel is the only team to win the AC without an All star group. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we're the only team to win without SOTAC, STEALTH, or that cheating system known as *Drum roll* NEO[Removed]!

But yeah, this was the worst AC ever... HANDS DOWN!

I won't copy and paste as I don't want a warning, but read some of my other posts. It doesn't matter how they change the structure of the tournament if they're just able to announce whoever they randomly picked to win for the day. Unfortunately it seems to be partially random and partially planned ahead, with the actual players as an afterthought. We need hard statistics! Real numbers. Even with the best tournament set up ever, only then will it matter.

I agree with your points and understand why people are so upset this year. I'm upset. I HATED the fact that we couldn't go against md a second time and raged for a couple days that we couldn't go against MI before I just got fed up and stopped caring. However, TNT is run by a big company, they are taking orders from a higher boss so I don't really think it's right to be so....harsh with them. You can say what you want to say and get your point across without being harsh or rude or mean. Then again, that's just my opinion and the way I like to handle things. They did mess up pretty badly with this AC, so overall I agree with you.

Ehhh, guys, can we calm the Haunted Woods hate a little bit? I know we place higher than we "should've", but there's plenty of other teams that placed higher or lower than what was expected. Our play wasn't terrible, just a bit lacklustre and inconsistent. I'm not letting go of that MSN win over DC! Quoting some other teams might make your argument seem fairer too. Overall though I do generally agree with what you guys saying, even if it does seem a bit harsh in some cases.

If I'm not mistaken, Darigan Citadel is the only team to win the AC without an All star group.

What about Haunted Woods in ACI?

Oh yeah. I think they also did it without an all star group. But either way, ever since AC II, all the champs had All star groups in them. But if I'm wrong

then can somebody tell me the teams who won without All star groups? But enough of that. Seriously, this AC really really was a fail :(

I wasn't aware of some of the things you wrote in that. It does seem a bit more flawed than I thought now but at the end of the day TNT is going to do what they want. I just hope if you keep sending in tickets they don't get mad and freeze you.

Oh yeah. I think they also did it without an all star group. But either way, ever since AC II, all the champs had All star groups in them. But if I'm wrong

then can somebody tell me the teams who won without All star groups? But enough of that. Seriously, this AC really really was a fail :(

SOTAC didn't exit until AC 3 and STEALTH hasn't really been known for that long, and I have no idea about the forbidden word, so I guess both HW and DC won the cup without SOTAC, STEALTH or "insert forbidden group here".

RI won AC 3 with SOTAC. In AC 4, SOTAC joined Shenkuu, but SK lost to KI. I don't know if a particular all-star group joined KI.

AC 5, was won by LD with SOTAC. Virtupets won AC 6 with Stealth. Kreludor won AC 7 with SOTAC.