What's the most cheapest pet colour ever?

lilshadowdweller

4.png

The Baby Pteri

I have no idea how I had forgotten about this one! Now, the Baby Pteri posed a problem to me: It fit into both "most random colour ever", and this thread. However, I chose it to be the cheapest. Why? Because it's a shiny oval with an orange spot. Also, it's not actually a baby. See, if they MAYBE had a cute Pteri sticking out of the shell or something *you know, wearing it's shell, with legs and everything* then that would be a baby. But this Pteri isn't hatched. Technically, it's not even born yet. It's not a baby it's a fetus or pre-birth pet. I didn't know we have fetus coloured pets. It's just never made sense to me that it's an egg. It's a unique concept, but I have honestly no interesti n hosting a shiny Oval as my pet.

^ I used to think it was funny, compared to the other Babies. Now I suppose it doesn't really make sense for the reasons you mentioned. Especially considering that Lennys, the only other bird species, isn't an egg.

It would be cute to have a little Pteri chicky. The Lenny one is adorable.

4.png

The Baby Pteri

I have no idea how I had forgotten about this one! Now, the Baby Pteri posed a problem to me: It fit into both "most random colour ever", and this thread. However, I chose it to be the cheapest. Why? Because it's a shiny oval with an orange spot. Also, it's not actually a baby. See, if they MAYBE had a cute Pteri sticking out of the shell or something *you know, wearing it's shell, with legs and everything* then that would be a baby. But this Pteri isn't hatched. Technically, it's not even born yet. It's not a baby it's a fetus or pre-birth pet. I didn't know we have fetus coloured pets. It's just never made sense to me that it's an egg. It's a unique concept, but I have honestly no interesti n hosting a shiny Oval as my pet.

I never understood why people would want a baby pteri ( No offense, anyone that likes them), for those same reasons. It's just an egg. Maybe, like you said, if there was a little chick coming out, but as just egg i do not like it.

Awww you guys are mean re:magma pets, I think http://www.neopets.c...ibari_kyoya_san looks awesome...but then again I am rather biased. And I would actually eventually like to paint him purple.

But totally agree on the split colour...it's just boring and wrong.

lol alright THAT one's cool... :yes:

I'll admit the Koi looks pretty awesome in magma. It just hurts my eyes.

Magma pets are cool to look at, yea. I do think i've seen 1 good striped pet... I like the jetsam!

B-but Moorlough is Striped :C

I hate the Converted Faerie designs with a passion... Faerie Pteri used to be so beautiful and graceul and happy! Now it's just a recoloured Pteri >_O

And Royalgirl Lupe ... I don't think I'm ever going to get other that ...

B-but Moorlough is Striped :C

I hate the Converted Faerie designs with a passion... Faerie Pteri used to be so beautiful and graceul and happy! Now it's just a recoloured Pteri >_O

And Royalgirl Lupe ... I don't think I'm ever going to get other that ...

Oh noes! I LOVE striped xwees, I meant split! Split. :) I love striped.

And you’re right, about the baby petri.

XD

I love it when TNT puts in all the movie refs! I had a good laugh when I got the sand sled from the advent calendar and read the description. "Snow? Where we are going we do not need snow!" _0_

For you guys that don't get it, check out this video:

oooooh I sooo wanted a DeLorean I really love Back To The Future :D

and to stay on topic .. I think a lot of Camo pets are cheaply done .. except maybe the Draik , Krawk , Flotsam and Gelert ...

2.pngweird

2.png eww

2.png no comment

2.pnguuugh

i wish they would create a Doctor Who colour / reference!

The old version of the About Us page was a tribute to Dr. Who. The references to Adam and Donna as "The Doctor" and "Ace" respectively, are rather amusing considering the descriptions of the characters on the official BBC Dr. Who site. The BBC site for the show states - "When the Doctor first met Ace she was working as a waitress on the planet Svartos, after being plucked from her home in Perivale by a freak time storm". Similarly, the About Us page declares "Adam found Donna on the planet Galactrox-V where she was earning a living breaking biscuits for a local confectionery company. Impressed by her rudimentary drawing ability, Adam invited Donna to accompany him on his travels".

This is just a reminder, please keep your posts on topic. If you want to continue to discuss references to movies/etc on Neopets, or anything else other than the topic of cheaply done pet colors, please move to PMs or comments on each other's profiles.

(stays on topic)

To stay on topic .. I think a lot of Camo pets are cheaply done .. except maybe the Draik , Krawk , Flotsam and Gelert ...

2.pngweird

2.png eww

2.png no comment

2.pnguuugh

Angelo, I will agree with you on those Camouflage pets. TNT chooses some very awkward colour mixes for several of these pets. The only good Camouflage pet in my vote (among others) is the Camouflage Krawk, though some others came out fine with their Camouflage paint jobs like the Poogle, Scorchio, and Tuskaninny.

The Camouflage paint jobs that I find kind of odd would be the Camouflage Chia, and the Camouflage Meerca.

2.png

The Camouflage Chia looks like he's covered in mud and other stains to my eyes, opposed to an actual Camouflage pattern.

2.png

For the Camouflage Meerca, the grass green hues never really mix very well with all of the brown hues that this fella has. If they replaced the greens with different shades of brown, then this fella would be more acceptable in my vote.

oooooh I sooo wanted a DeLorean I really love Back To The Future :D

and to stay on topic .. I think a lot of Camo pets are cheaply done .. except maybe the Draik , Krawk , Flotsam and Gelert ...

2.pngweird

2.png eww

2.png no comment

2.pnguuugh

The Lupe and Uni are two of my favourite Camos :ohno:

I reckon the cheapest looking colour overall is Faerie, by far. They just lack... anything! I don't even like the Faerie Draik, and that's saying something O.o

As others said, christmas pets are quite...cheaply painted in my opinion.

Especially this.

4.png

I mean, come on. There's nothing really appealing to it ._. Also, the cloud pets look like they've been thrown a bucket of white pain on their blue usual color. *shivers* Except the jubjub and the gnorbu. They look somewhat cute'ish :3 By the way, did cloud neos have an older artwork?

I think the cheapest of them all is invisible. Does custom clothes show up over it? If so, maybe it has its purpose and some work would have been needed to get the shape of the pet right, but still... I like being able to see my pets!

I used to adore the faerie look, but after the change the wings don't look as fancy and the colours are mostly just normal. Shame. I agree about some of the Christmas ones too, although I will say that I thought the Kougra one looks very cute (mine is painted Christmas), and makes a nice alternative to paying more money for a white paint brush.